forum

[Archived] Would like to change my username.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Claudia_old
So, if you were around last night, you know what happened.
My name was changed back to E-Hooker, and now I can't change my name again, to the name I have been wanting for quite a while, which is Love.

Basically, I am first off requesting, since nobody I asked would free up Love for me, is to have my name changed back to Boobs. If whymeman hadn't been looking at my profile, he wouldn't have linked to my profile and set off all of the immature idiots in #osu. It's certainly not his fault that my name was rolled back, but people made a HUGE FUCKING DEAL over absolutely nothing in the channel which then caught peppy's attention. When I said "I don't want to change my name again", he interpreted that as I wanted my name rolled back [which I figured he would do anyways], and did so.

If nobody is willing to change my name to Boobs [which is less offensive than E-Hooker and there's no written rule about the appropriateness of names when changing nicknames], then I would please request, and this is not the first time, for my name to be changed to Love. The user last played in 2008 but logged in on March 2009. Nobody wanted to free up the name, so they told me to wait until January for it to free up, which I decided I didn't want anymore, and I would rather have my name be Boobs.

And finally, a small apology for being a bit rude and huffy last night after my name was changed back.
So hopefully, somebody would please read this and grant my request.
Derekku
[21:00] <@ppy> e-hooker was just as bad?
[21:00] <@ppy> although this is probably pushing the limits
[21:00] <@ppy> can you choose a non-offensive name?
[21:01] <@ppy> as in none of the above?
Yeah I don't think he'll change it back.

[20:59] <Boobs> in peppy's eyes i'm not 'well-known'
I'd argue that you ARE well-known. :p

Anyway, I do agree that the 640 day (or however long it is) restriction is a bit long, but going in the other direction and changing your name to something like Boobs was just silly.
Topic Starter
Claudia_old
Then i'd ask that my name be changed to Love, which was my second request.

And when I said I don't think i'm well-known, is that I was thinking well-known meant a MAT/BAT or a popular mapper. All people know me for is being a troll and a decent Taiko/CtB player, but whatever.

TL;DR: Would like named changed to Love plz.
Rolled
no
Topic Starter
Claudia_old

Rolled wrote:

no
thanks for being so helpful ~
dNextGen
26 hours ago
E-Hooker has changed their username to Boobs!

sucks to be you then
Topic Starter
Claudia_old
like I said, not my fault everybody in #osu at the time was spamming "OMG BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS I LOVE BOOBS"

at least i'm trying to be mature about it which you generally don't see from me

...8-)
whymeman
1.) You knew the risk of taking such a name...

2.) It wasn't mature...

3.) Did you ever read this first BEFORE you did the namge change? -> viewtopic.php?p=489937#p489937 | http://osu.ppy.sh/p/profile-username

You're lucky to not get banned for something like that.
James2250

E-Hooker wrote:

If nobody is willing to change my name to Boobs [which is less offensive than E-Hooker and there's no written rule about the appropriateness of names when changing nicknames]
Someone go write a rule in big letters that says that
Weez

whymeman wrote:

isn't that kinda pushing it :/
Topic Starter
Claudia_old

Weezy wrote:

whymeman wrote:

isn't that kinda pushing it :/
No offense, whymeman, but I agree. Also, nowhere in those threads does is explicitly say that inappropriate names aren't allowed, the closest is 'don't abuse', which can be interpreted in quite a few ways.

But the point of my thread is, an apology, and I would like my name changed to Love. Is that name offensive in any way?

As I've already said, I realize what I did was obviously silly, immature, and stupid, but i'm just trying to find a solution that will please everybody involved.
storm704
If you get an exception to this rule, than there will be couple of thousand more who would also want an exception.
mm201
throw new NameChangeForbiddenException("no u");

This has always been the rule: If you go and blow your name change on something stupid that gets reset, you DON'T get another one. This is penalty.
Topic Starter
Claudia_old
peppy considers my name to be offensive, so i'd like it to be changed so that it doesn't piss people off anymore.

rules are rules, blah blah blah, but there are almost always exceptions to a rule.
mm201
Just because there are exceptions doesn't mean you are excepted.
Topic Starter
Claudia_old
which is why I inquired as such.

also, on the namechange screen, it says if it is not your first namechange, to post a thread with a good reason as to why you want a namechange, so i'm simply following instructions. Whether you find my reasons good or bad is personal opinion.

so basically, my reason is because yes, I find my name offensive and I am tired of having an offensive username, and I know that peppy finds my name offensive and has told me so. I made an error in judgement by changing my name to Boobs because nobody was willing to free up Love and I didn't think it would matter either way.

of course, factor in immature idiots in #osu and the self-righteouspeople saying "YOU'RE NOT AN EXCEPTION" and it changes things.
Mizukashii
meanwhile looked at the https://store.ppy.sh/store/cart saw a change name then...
8$
okay fml
Flanster
Don't necropost in a 5 year old thread please.