forum

Veritas Unae - ~DISK 1~ [CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MBomb
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 13 March 2017 at 16:17:32

Artist: Veritas Unae
Title: ~DISK 1~
Tags: MBomb experimental piano instrumental disc 1 homestuck unofficialmspafans land of fans and music 2
BPM: 80
Filesize: 1671kb
Play Time: 00:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cup (1.07 stars, 24 notes)
  2. Platter (2.18 stars, 40 notes)
  3. Rain (2.83 stars, 43 notes)
  4. Salad (1.47 stars, 30 notes)
Download: Veritas Unae - ~DISK 1~
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Amazing song. All diffs and hitsounding by me (With a borrowed hitsound from the mania set).

Mania Set
-rage
very noob m4m. mostly tiny distance stuff but overall it is a good set. not much to complain about.
the beginning of all the diffs start with almost the same patern choice, i dont know if that was intentional or not but you should re-think the patern usage for the beginning of the diffs (doesn't have to be major really).

[cup]
i know it's meant to be super easy but the paterns could have more variety, i noticed it felt somewhat repetitive.
00:00:775 (1) - there could be a slider instead of a circle because you can hear the piano cord going off right after, and also a slider would fit too because the sliders after that follow up by 1/2 spacing
00:17:650 (3,1) - could be moved closer by just a little bit

[light cup? (salad) ]
the dashes are pretty far from eachother, which was probably the point but do feel really far from eachother.
00:09:025 (1,2,3) - could have more spacing between these notes just to fit in a little better with the rest (doesn't have to be drastically far but yu kno).

[easy salad (platter) ]
00:06:775 (2) - feels like it could have a better curve to it because it still feels pretty vertical.
00:07:525 (1,2) - these 2 sliders feel a little stacked. this would be better

[Rain]
00:07:337 (4) - could be moved a little bit more to the left so have a little jump right before hitting the hyperdash.

hope this helped a little bit :D
Topic Starter
MBomb

lulu lemon wrote:

very noob m4m. mostly tiny distance stuff but overall it is a good set. not much to complain about.
the beginning of all the diffs start with almost the same patern choice, i dont know if that was intentional or not but you should re-think the patern usage for the beginning of the diffs (doesn't have to be major really).

[cup]
i know it's meant to be super easy but the paterns could have more variety, i noticed it felt somewhat repetitive. - Due to repetitive nature of the rhythms, making it less repetitive is kinda difficult whilst still fitting the song.
00:00:775 (1) - there could be a slider instead of a circle because you can hear the piano cord going off right after, and also a slider would fit too because the sliders after that follow up by 1/2 spacing - Wanted to avoid this both to lower density slightly and also to give a bit more leniency with the first 2 notes of the map.
00:17:650 (3,1) - could be moved closer by just a little bit - Done a tiny bit.

[light cup? (salad) ]
the dashes are pretty far from eachother, which was probably the point but do feel really far from eachother. - To avoid them being possible without dashing, and it's still not difficult so I think it's fine.
00:09:025 (1,2,3) - could have more spacing between these notes just to fit in a little better with the rest (doesn't have to be drastically far but yu kno). - Done.

[easy salad (platter) ]
00:06:775 (2) - feels like it could have a better curve to it because it still feels pretty vertical. - I like the feeling of it being mostly vertical honestly.
00:07:525 (1,2) - these 2 sliders feel a little stacked. this would be better - Not done in that way but changed them to feel a little less like that.

[Rain]
00:07:337 (4) - could be moved a little bit more to the left so have a little jump right before hitting the hyperdash. - Moved a little but not much as to keep it as a normal movement, I don't think this note is strong enough for a dash, but still a bit higher.

hope this helped a little bit :D
Thanks for the mod!
SYAHME
Ranked inferno first -L_-
Weber
fucc u

General

Add my tags you dumbo, people can't even search for it by it's name unless you have "disc 1" in the tags because of the ~~~~~~~~~~ fucking with it

Cup

00:01:150 - Feels too empty, you could definitely just have a (1,2,3) pattern here all on the same x-axis so there isn't an awkward gap here.

Salad

00:22:525 (3,4,1) - Might be superfluous, might not be, I kinda like having two sliders here instead or at least having (3,start of 4) as a slider https://puu.sh/tCpkY/4490b5671c.png

Platter

00:21:775 (3) - This could afford to be a little harsher, feels a little out of place compared to the rest of the diff

Fuck your rain LUUL

Good luck!
Topic Starter
MBomb

Weber wrote:

fucc u

General

Add my tags you dumbo, people can't even search for it by it's name unless you have "disc 1" in the tags because of the ~~~~~~~~~~ fucking with it - That's because it's "disk 1" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Cup

00:01:150 - Feels too empty, you could definitely just have a (1,2,3) pattern here all on the same x-axis so there isn't an awkward gap here. - I prefer how the 1/1 gap sounds here.

Salad

00:22:525 (3,4,1) - Might be superfluous, might not be, I kinda like having two sliders here instead or at least having (3,start of 4) as a slider https://puu.sh/tCpkY/4490b5671c.png - That doesn't really work well, 4 is a stronger sound and higher pitch right now than it's end so in terms of emphasis, the higher distance to 4 makes sense, and having 1 as a slider end doesn't make sense considering the strongness of that sound either.

Platter

00:21:775 (3) - This could afford to be a little harsher, feels a little out of place compared to the rest of the diff - Done.

Fuck your rain LUUL

Good luck!
Thanks for the mod!
JBHyperion
House party mod

Fuck formatting because template is on my other computer

General
  1. 00:00:775 - and 00:01:150 - are anacruces to the next sound 00:01:525 - so the first uninherited point should be placed here instead. This lines up the next downbeat on the strong sound 00:04:525 - with a 4/4 signature
  2. 00:24:775 - Thoughts about separating this into circle for the strong sound followed by spinner 1/1 or 1/2 or whatever later? I feel that sound needs more emphasis than just being a spinner start
  3. Spinner volume seems quite loud throughout and could be faded out more gradually. I'd start at ~ 20% and lower volume by 2% each white tick
Cup
  1. 00:01:525 (2,1) - Even though this is a normal flow, I think the spacing is a little high for the start of the diff. Would suggest reducing this slightly as an introduction to the 1/2 spacing
  2. 00:10:525 (2,3,1) - Double antiflow here takes emphasis away from the strong sound (1). I'd make (2,3) a normal flow, or reduce the strength of the antiflow slightly for a better contrast. Compare this to 00:22:525 (2,3,1) - where (3) is much stronger and the antiflow pattern is justified
  3. 00:17:650 (3,1) - Agree this is strong, but seems quite harsh for a Cup diff of this difficulty. Consider reducing slightly
Salad
  1. 00:05:650 (3,1,2,3,4,1) - These are all the same sound, yet the first has regular flow but the second two have antiflow. I feel antiflow is best left for 00:10:150 (2,3) - where the sound is noticeably different, or at least alternating between normal and antiflow for a more predictable flow. If you decide to change this, use the same idea at 00:17:650 (3,1,2,3,4,1) - also since it's the same sequence of sounds
  2. 00:15:025 (1,2) - Would definitely have expected a dash here for this high pitch sound
Platter
  1. 00:06:025 (1,2) - Feels a bit harsh for an introduction to 1/4 jumps, would definitely consider reducing this slightly. Applies to 00:09:025 (1,2) - also if you make a change here
  2. 00:07:525 (1,2) - Lack of movement here creates a bit of a flowstop considering the low SV. Perhaps separate these a bit more?
  3. 00:13:525 (3,1) - Yikes, hyper into strong antiflow has strong droplet miss potential. Please reduce the strength of the antiflow at the slider start here
Rain
  1. 00:03:025 (3,4) - Minor, but would prefer the first hyper to not have quite such a strong antiflow element to introduce players to the movement. Perhaps a curved slider would be more appropriate here
  2. 00:16:525 (2) - Given the hyper, slightly more curve on this slider would be nice for better flow. I know you don't want to get too close to the screen border, but I think you have a little space to play with here. Same applies to 00:23:087 (2) - if you make a change here
  3. 00:18:400 (2,3) - Easy to overshoot droplets here because of unfortunate lame droplet formation. You could increase SV here for a smoother shape I guess
Hope this helps. Good luck! (:
Topic Starter
MBomb

JBHyperion wrote:

House party mod

Fuck formatting because template is on my other computer

General
  1. 00:00:775 - and 00:01:150 - are anacruces to the next sound 00:01:525 - so the first uninherited point should be placed here instead. This lines up the next downbeat on the strong sound 00:04:525 - with a 4/4 signature -Seems right, done.
  2. 00:24:775 - Thoughts about separating this into circle for the strong sound followed by spinner 1/1 or 1/2 or whatever later? I feel that sound needs more emphasis than just being a spinner start - Alright.
  3. Spinner volume seems quite loud throughout and could be faded out more gradually. I'd start at ~ 20% and lower volume by 2% each white tick - Done.
Cup
  1. 00:01:525 (2,1) - Even though this is a normal flow, I think the spacing is a little high for the start of the diff. Would suggest reducing this slightly as an introduction to the 1/2 spacing - Alright, lowered a bit since it's the intro.
  2. 00:10:525 (2,3,1) - Double antiflow here takes emphasis away from the strong sound (1). I'd make (2,3) a normal flow, or reduce the strength of the antiflow slightly for a better contrast. Compare this to 00:22:525 (2,3,1) - where (3) is much stronger and the antiflow pattern is justified - Lowered distance to 3, I think that makes it fine.
  3. 00:17:650 (3,1) - Agree this is strong, but seems quite harsh for a Cup diff of this difficulty. Consider reducing slightly - I think it's fine, it's nearly possible to overdo it without dashing.
Salad
  1. 00:05:650 (3,1,2,3,4,1) - These are all the same sound, yet the first has regular flow but the second two have antiflow. I feel antiflow is best left for 00:10:150 (2,3) - where the sound is noticeably different, or at least alternating between normal and antiflow for a more predictable flow. If you decide to change this, use the same idea at 00:17:650 (3,1,2,3,4,1) - also since it's the same sequence of sounds - Went with more of an alternating idea here. Went with all antiflow on the second one for more emphasis on the pitches.
  2. 00:15:025 (1,2) - Would definitely have expected a dash here for this high pitch sound - I thought that would be too many dashes at the time, but yeah I think that's fine now.
Platter
  1. 00:06:025 (1,2) - Feels a bit harsh for an introduction to 1/4 jumps, would definitely consider reducing this slightly. Applies to 00:09:025 (1,2) - also if you make a change here - These feel fine to me considering the low bpm.
  2. 00:07:525 (1,2) - Lack of movement here creates a bit of a flowstop considering the low SV. Perhaps separate these a bit more?Did an SV change instead.
  3. 00:13:525 (3,1) - Yikes, hyper into strong antiflow has strong droplet miss potential. Please reduce the strength of the antiflow at the slider start here - Done.
Rain
  1. 00:03:025 (3,4) - Minor, but would prefer the first hyper to not have quite such a strong antiflow element to introduce players to the movement. Perhaps a curved slider would be more appropriate here. - Curved slightly.
    Same applies to 00:23:087 (2) - if you make a change here - Discussed with you and you meant the next point,
  2. 00:16:525 (2) - Given the hyper, slightly more curve on this slider would be nice for better flow. I know you don't want to get too close to the screen border, but I think you have a little space to play with here - Honestly I like how the curve feels already, I don't really see any need to curve it any more.
  3. 00:18:400 (2,3) - Easy to overshoot droplets here because of unfortunate lame droplet formation. You could increase SV here for a smoother shape I guess - Done.
Hope this helps. Good luck! (:
Thanks for the mod!
JBHyperion
Added "Land of Fans and Music 2" to tags for the album name, and inverted the flow on 00:06:025 (1,3,1) - on Salad so that the first dash isn't antiflow

Metadata source - https://unofficialmspafans.bandcamp.com ... o-disk-1-o

Looking fine to me, good luck!

Bubbled~
Topic Starter
MBomb

JBHyperion wrote:

Added "Land of Fans and Music 2" to tags for the album name, and inverted the flow on 00:06:025 (1,3,1) - on Salad so that the first dash isn't antiflow

Metadata source - https://unofficialmspafans.bandcamp.com ... o-disk-1-o

Looking fine to me, good luck!

Bubbled~
Sc4v4ng3r
Yo

[General]
  1. Looks cool.
[Cup]
  1. 00:15:025 (1) - I would add a little more distance to this as it has a strong stress on the piano like 00:12:025 (1) - , what do you think?
[Salad]
  1. 00:07:525 (3) - 00:09:025 (1) - You could try to flip one of these sliders horizontally cause after 00:06:025 (1) - this note you don't use any non anti-flow sliders. Could be good to give a contrast that this section is weaker than 00:06:025 (1) - .
  2. 00:24:775 (2) - This is the only difficulty of which this note has a finish and clap on, you should remove them for consistency.
[Platter]
  1. 00:11:087 (2) - Feels a little more close to an ambiguous distance than a clear dash for me, why not increase the distance a tad bit? You could try to curve it more if you have no space to do so.
  2. 00:19:525 (1,2,3) - These 3 feels rather closer to each other than the other ones - in fact I can just walk and catch all of them, which doesn't seem like the intention here. Would try to increase the individual distances so that a clear dash can be made between each of the notes.
Rain looks good to me.
Call me back once you apply these.
Topic Starter
MBomb

Sc4v4ng3r wrote:

Yo

[General]
  1. Looks cool.
[Cup]
  1. 00:15:025 (1) - I would add a little more distance to this as it has a strong stress on the piano like 00:12:025 (1) - , what do you think? - Seems nice, done.
[Salad]
  1. 00:07:525 (3) - 00:09:025 (1) - You could try to flip one of these sliders horizontally cause after 00:06:025 (1) - this note you don't use any non anti-flow sliders. Could be good to give a contrast that this section is weaker than 00:06:025 (1) - . - Yeah, did 3 for an alternating effect.
  2. 00:24:775 (2) - This is the only difficulty of which this note has a finish and clap on, you should remove them for consistency. - Removed the finish, and then added a clap here on all other difficulties.
[Platter]
  1. 00:11:087 (2) - Feels a little more close to an ambiguous distance than a clear dash for me, why not increase the distance a tad bit? You could try to curve it more if you have no space to do so. - Decreased it quite a bit instead, as I don't feel this note really fits a dash.
  2. 00:19:525 (1,2,3) - These 3 feels rather closer to each other than the other ones - in fact I can just walk and catch all of them, which doesn't seem like the intention here. Would try to increase the individual distances so that a clear dash can be made between each of the notes. - Increased all.
Rain looks good to me.
Call me back once you apply these.
Thanks for the mod!
Sc4v4ng3r
Beautiful song and map, what more can you ask for? Let's go.

Qualified~
Pachiru
It's a very short map! But it looks really good! Congratz :)
-Sh1n1-
Gratz
Shinsekai-
Gratz (?)
-rage
gratz!
Des9
I LIKE IT