forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zangston
I was very nomadic with my usernames and came up with pretty much a different one for each account I made. Then, when I had to make a name for my League of Legends account, I had to come up with something original, since the one I was planning on using was taken.

I just took a simplified spelling of my last name and the last part of my first name.

Winston + Zhang = Zangston

I'm so creative.
Loli_Samurai
This manga I read, forgot which one. There's this guy who had a t-shirt that said loli samurai on it. I thought oki den i'll take that, not very original I know.
Kyujuroku 96
A spanish rock band that I heard about on the news. Ive just taken the name because its cool. Never listened to them though
-Yuni
It's an abbreviature of ''Yunibāsaru tensai'' which is the romaji of the japanese translation of ''universal genius'', i thought it sounded cool so i took it.
HoboFromHell
It was actually a running joke among my friends. I made jokes about becoming a hobo in school even though I didn't mean it, but for them it was funny, and eventually when I got Xbox Live for the first time the only thing that came to mind was HoboFromHell21. I thought they wouldn't like it, but my friends loved the name so I stuck with it. It's a good reminder of middle school, and the name still sound okay to me.
Alexander_Weird
Well, I really want my name to be called Alexander irl, and I'm weird af. Boom! Username born
Kuen
It's just my first name 5 times, i'm not really a creative person.
rya
I liked japanese word akuma and added ry to it (idk why, lol), now I'm using just three first characters of it.
Yakutatazu
my name comes from self-hatred...

役立たず (yakutatazu) = useless, deadbeat
Acr0h
My names origin is a bit wierd and a bit long as well.

i was once sitting in my room with my friend and we were thinking of a xbox live name because i didnt want the name that xbox had given me anymore.
then my friend said ''i got it'' and he wrote Acroh (which did not work but he added a 0 instead) it sounded cool so i went with it and i asked him why he chose that name and the reason for it was because i sounded (when he said it and its also the correct way to say it) ah-crow.

then i used that name for a long time but then at some point in time i changed to pc gaming and i did carry the name over. it was just that acroh was almost always taken when i wanted to name myself. then when i made a lol account i couldn't name myself acroh or acr0h so i was desperate for a name. i then put on 'TheBeast' and thats how this name came to be. (i actually got mocked because i was really bad at lol and then they thought 'thebeast' didnt fit me. now they think im a 'TheBeast' of osu! funny how things goes huh?)

also if you see me in chat then dont write the whole name in chat only acroh because its so much easier :)
Wakatteru
Needed a name that didn't have any connection to the last one I had. Whew.

The name came to mind after failing to complete Difficult stepcharts on Dance Dance Revolution A. Anna is the girl that is (hopefully) my avi.
IAmRelapse
I just wanted a name that sounds cool, and Relapse came to my mind and just added the "I AM" to it.
Jackertud
Came up with it when I bought an official Minecraft account on 2010. I just got the name Jack and then added some random syllables. I kept thinking "er" as it is a thought when trying to come up with a word to say, and so I ended it with a tud. I kind of regret the ending syllable, because people simply consider it to say turd. :lol:
Keep
My real name is like super long and complicated so people usually just call me kate but then in this one group chat. one of my friends tried to call me out but then it auto-corrected to keep so I was like "that's gonna be my new name now" and then I had to wait like 30+ days to rename.
ulrichfaniOSU
I came up with my name from my YT channel. But i wanted my name to be something related to osu! aswell so i just put in "ulrichfaniOSU". Sure people wonder where i got that name but its a long story anyway :P

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSz_sto0zuMzVb-YaGwW9fg
Sandy Hoey
My name came from a made up world me and some of my elementary school friends came up with. Don't ask any more, it gets wierd
Lyorek
A combination of the word "Lore" (which i love for whatever reason) and the name of a character from my favourite book series
Amaineko
brain cancer
Satalia
my mind :o
Pachiru
From a osu!map about a song that I misunderstood... I thought she said Pachiru ;-;
Akira Ishioka
Nattsun
Touhou. I just like Cirnos personality, a character designed to be a punchingbag, what can be more appealing?
Bobbles
Well, I took my Minecraft IGN "Bobbles" and added "OwO" after it
AnimatedAndy
Cloudy cause I like cloudy days + Kino because of this stupid guy from Maplestory
Comfy Slippers
well.. i like my slippers
LEMEME123
My enjoyment of meme
kai99
i think it came from nintendogs my first dog was named kai...
maybe im the dog idk
but i likey
Pochacco
changing IGN too much so i decide to go with this...

basically a fan of sanrio series and this was my favorite character of the whole dear aside from Dear Daniel
Hai Tai
$ko^zvl*xH7b9hDRxi_4Tx^OIbq4xL2c
Axel
Well.. Its my real life name!
Ton_old_1
Im friends with fantasy, so yolo
Tohru of Shadow
I was hardcore P4 garbage when I created this account, so that's where this mess of a username came from ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MAGNIFIA
I'm a competitive gamer by nature

I use MAGNIFIA for every online games I played and excelled at

MAGNIFY THE INVINCIBLE AND ALMIGHTY

That's pretty much about it
Megumj
I have choosen my username, cuz my real name is Gerard. And some people call me: Geertje. So actually is that the reason for it. XD
Tophat Pigeon
One day i was just googling random pictures of random things until i somehow got to googling 'birds in hats' and i came across a very cool forum.
This forum had many many pictures of birds in hats, as the name implies, I really really loved the pigeon in the tophat, plus I was also in need of a name change on steam so from that point on I decided that 'Tophat Pigeon' was going to be my name.
(Don't know why im replying to posts that are 2 years old :P)
NestLover
from a game called Dragon Nest Online
i love thats game.
AlienSushi
Well. I was 13 when I made it, BUT I LOVE SUSHI, &&' I don't fucking know where I got the "alien" from :o
Taj
d
AltoPelado
Gonzo from The Muppets :V
Kondou-Shinichi
google translate
show more