posted
Total Posts
show more
Akiyama Mizuki

bbj0920 wrote:

still no response lol
Topic Starter
Loctav
can't help it, bbj, fallback is a non supported game version and won't receive any updates anymore (for over a year already, I suppose)
as we develop our game and tournament forward, it is mandatory to use the newest game version. you use an ancient client version and we can't support these anymore whatsoever.
Akiyama Mizuki
wow that's pretty outrageous, well then i hope my classmates don't recognize me at pc cafes lol
animexamera
is it still possible to register
i just read about the scorev2 thing that big notes wont count as combo break and whatever and decided to register after all but now i can t even though it says it closes today shouldnt i be able to register today?
Jaye

animexamera wrote:

is it still possible to register
i just read about the scorev2 thing that big notes wont count as combo break and whatever and decided to register after all but now i can t even though it says it closes today shouldnt i be able to register today?

From the news page:
"Hand in your registration before 19. February 2017." before
"Remember that any registrations past the deadline will not be considered under any circumstances"

Since your excuse for not registering in time was completely avoidable, I doubt they'd let you in. :/
Edgar_Figaro
So based on the calendar dates it says when registration ends and when drawings for brackets will be. But is there an expected time for when captains will be chosen and teams picked ect?
Topic Starter
Loctav
between both?
JustAGent
Start nya kapa sih??? kepo deh
Topic Starter
Loctav
The first team list has been pushed to the wiki. It might take a little bit to propagate, so don't be surprised if it doesn't show up at instant
Eiuh
Norway, Finland and Ukraine have teams again, sweet
pmriva

no japan?
nya10

pmriva wrote:

no japan?
Still waiting, there's only 23 teams listed
te2035
hello 2017
Rufoel
gg2
Eiuh
^One of our players is in the exact same situation
JustAGent
Kapan nih mulainya??? pengen cepet2 ngeliput gw ahahahahhaha :D :) ;) 8-)
newme96
Well I got replaced after I was accepted into twc :(
Good luck everyone.
BabySnakes
No one plays taiko in my country anymore... feelsbadman ;(
goatlife
USAAAAAAAAAA LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Topic Starter
Loctav
updated wiki. keep in mind to wait a bit to distribute.
Natteke desu
mfw you map std for something around 5 years and your taiko map was picked for twc
Backfire
are you guys retarded lol what the fuck is this pool
Niko-nyan

Backfire wrote:

that's the most of us thinking right now :thinking:
nakanotsu nimi

Backfire wrote:

what is a 7* doing in group stage lol
Backfire

Pohm wrote:

Backfire wrote:

exactly, this is all honestly strange and some answers would be nice because this is not at all what should normally be here. Did they accidentally post semifinals?
popopo

Pohm wrote:

Backfire wrote:

lolololol scattered faith on grandfinal?
*hypehypehype
pmriva

Rufoel wrote:

Hi. I registered for TWC2017 but according to my captain I'm not on the candidates list. Can I get information on what happened?
Rufoel:https://osu.ppy.sh/u/7178799
:(
i try to ask by email tournaments@ppy.sh but nobody answered me

Hey that happened to me too
i ask them by email too and their reply is not helping at all
i am disappointed because i got no explanation, i dont feel like i broke the rule for the past 1 year

Some answers would be nice

Niko-nyan wrote:

Backfire wrote:

that's the most of us thinking right now :thinking:

also whats wrong with the pool, 7* on a group stage rofl

Good luck to everyone who parcitipated :)
lop

pmriva wrote:

Rufoel wrote:

Hi. I registered for TWC2017 but according to my captain I'm not on the candidates list. Can I get information on what happened?
Rufoel:https://osu.ppy.sh/u/7178799
:(
i try to ask by email tournaments@ppy.sh but nobody answered me

Hey that happened to me too
i ask them by email too and their reply is not helping at all
i am disappointed because i got no explanation, i dont feel like i broke the rule for the past 1 year
Some answers would be nice

Same here

By the way can you staff upload mappack to mega instead mediafire? mediafire was blocked in china :<
tkdLolly

lop wrote:

By the way can you staff upload mappack to mega instead mediafire? mediafire was blocked in china :<
I'm sure you can just download the maps one by one. If you don't know already, all the links are available on the wiki page. :idea:
Jaye
I'm actually so glad the mappool for group stage is much harder this year. Players and teams in general have been getting better all-around and it's nice to see that this year's group stage won't be just another accuracy war where the results are either choke or SS tie.
tkdLolly

Jaye wrote:

I'm actually so glad the mappool for group stage is much harder this year. Players and teams in general have been getting better all-around and it's nice to see that this year's group stage won't be just another accuracy war where the results are either choke or SS tie.
Well it still kind of is an accuracy war considering how score v2 dampens misses and some maps have such demanding rhythms :?: :roll:

Not sure if most are glad to see the much harder mappool :? even if players and teams in general have been getting better :|
Nwolf
Also the 7* map is actually one of the easier maps in the pool
Senritsu

Nwolf wrote:

Also the 7* map is actually one of the easier maps in the pool
True though

But the rest feels inhuman to be put on a GS :\
Ekoro
this is actually good to see, although low seeds team are probably going to cry over the maps

we can already see promising matchs on -already- difficult maps, and they're going to be even harder as the tournament progress
can't wait to see Japan playing 9* on match
Garpo
I know where you were trying to go with the map pool and all but this is straight up UNFAIR to lower and middle seeds.

Last year, the maps for GS were easy yes but compared to this year, you can't expect any of the lower seed and most of the middle seed to get close to passing most of these maps. The maps last year gave everyone a fighting chance at least, but this is just cruel to those who wanted to play and enjoy it even if they'll get knocked out because they might as well bash on their keyboard because it'd be the same as attempting to play the difficult patterns in these technical maps.
Rufoel
gg
Catgirl
what happens if all players fail tiebreaker and tie with a 0-0 score? cause it will probably happen if there's a TB between mid and low seed in group stage.

do they play again with NF???
Alwaysyukaz
Still Haven't idea why the map selector pick diff around *6 - *7 in GS
and yeah I'd like to see the Galaxy Collapse as the Mappol in next week lol if the Mappol has no changed
Nardoxyribonucleic
I agree that TWC map pool should be way harder than before, but not in this scale lol. In Group Stage we already have maps of 6 to 7 star difficulty, so most of the mid and low seeds would have a hard time handling them and could be simply thrown out. :o

TWC 2017 GS = TWC 2016 Semifinals
Edgar_Figaro
Yeah imo a good difficulty increase from one year to the next is move all mappoold up one week and make a harder mappool for grand finals (same difficulty not same maps) So groups stage mappool this year would be equivalent to Ro16 mappool last year, Ro16 would be equivalent to last year's quarterfinals ect. But as it is currently the group stage is more like semi-finals from last year. At this rate we could expect to see grand finals difficulty in quarterfinals? I don't even want to know what insanity would be in grand finals mappool with that progression, technical 11 star maps?
show more