forum

Hand/Finger Position w/Tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Disillusionz
I apologize if this is the wrong section.

Hello all, I recently got into playing osu! and I've been having a lot of fun with it. So much fun that I recently got a touchpad, an XP-Pen G430. After playing around for a little bit I've been wondering how others' hand positions are since I haven't really found a natural feel yet.

I'm left handed so I have the 2 and 3 keys on my number pad as left and right click respectively and my touchpad is rotated 180 degrees. When I play I tend to force to have my pinky finger on my touchpad the entire time. The second I lift my pinky I end up hovering too high over my touchpad and I leave the responsive zone and automatically lose (;_;). I'm wondering if anyone else does something similar. Are your arms completely stagnant while you all play and only move your wrists? It's kind of hard to tell on most videos I've looked how their general position is, and I've seen people actually touch down on their pad during gameplay (something I've never done, not sure if it would help). Also I'm wondering how close you all keep your fingers to the tip of the pen... would you say it's a little bit higher than how you would hold a pencil?

I know there's not a definite way to play but I'd appreciate to just hear how others deal with this.
trebby
I keep my middle finger on the tablet and drag with that instead of the tip of the pen. It's practically resting on the tip, but the nib never actually comes into contact with my tablet when playing except by accident.