forum

First break of combo triggers sound regardless if under 21x

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +68
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Pretty much the title says it all. I've had a few times where I will slider break in the first 20 combo of a song and never realize it all the way to the end. Which then I will be confused why my better ACC play didn't beat my old score only to find out I slider broke 10 notes in but since there was no noise I didn't realize it.

Now I know you are probably thinking "why not just play with Sudden Dead" Well it is very possible that people are ok missing 1 or 2 slider ends but not breaking combo in the first 21 notes or even missing the last note of the song. Now I don't think after the first combo break it should sound on every single miss below 21 combo because that would become annoying really fast if a person misses several notes in short succession.
Tshemmp
That's actually a good idea, had this issue myself quite a few times as well. At which combo to you put the cutoff though? 10? 5?
o x
I don't really see what purpose this serves though, this would only be in effect for the first 10 seconds of a map usually and by that time you can probably already tell if you missed or not. 21 combo isn't a lot at all I just don't see what purpose this would serve.
Redon
bsf
Good idea! Had the same problem happen to me many times. Hope this gets added into the game.
kai99
I was thinking about this as well. Would be a nice addition. I frequently have -1 or 2 combos. lol
Outline
I've gotten punked out of 50pp from this myself, but I doesn't change the fact that it's your fault. You should pay attention to what you miss or break. (I'll also say the reason why peppy won't take offline plays because I think it applies here) If you can do it once, you can do it again.
Endaris
it would be incredibly jarring when playing maps you miss a lot on.
i think the request linked by Redon accomplishes a lot better what you had in mind.
Stefan
It's actually from 20 combos, not 21. Anyways, I highly disagree since it's really spammy and rather annoying than helpful for the majority. 20 is a decent number to prevent a fail sound spam for most maps.
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

Stefan wrote:

It's actually from 20 combos, not 21. Anyways, I highly disagree since it's really spammy and rather annoying than helpful for the majority. 20 is a decent number to prevent a fail sound spam for most maps.
Why I said under 21x and not 21x. Also it would only be for the very first time you break in the map. I agree just break noise all over the place would indeed get annoying but it's not what I am suggesting