forum

osu!mania 4k Vibro Dan Courses (Discussion and Rankings)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Staravia
There will be a rework on the dans. Stay tuned!

Old
Vibro Dan Courses
Hey, I have been collaborating with arpia97 and a handful of Vibro Enthusiasts into creating the Vibro Dan Courses which focuses on the players' elbowjacking abilities. This course does not test actual mania skill, but a 3rd/4th Dan level (on 4k regular) is recommended. We've put a lot of effort into this mapset, so we hope you enjoy!

DL Mapset:
Part 1/2: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/563163
Part 2/2: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/564238

Rankings
Reply to the mapset's thread (not this thread pls) or PM me with a replay file or video of your play if you want your name to be on the leaderboards (I'll check once in a while). Screenshots will not be approved on higher skill ratings. Also, if your name is already on the leaderboards, please inform me so there are no duplicates.
Dan 10+ Rankings require video proof to be considered official.

Songlist
The link below has a list of vibro maps and stuff
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Changelog
__Jan. 31, 2017
Some maps' HP drain has been changed according to difficulty/density.
Dan 8 HP 8.6 -> 8.8, and K8107/Sound-of-vibro has been slightly modified so it's less stamina draining

__Feb. 1, 2017
Dan 4 HP 8.9 -> 8.5, also added some notes to recover HP before the Ice ice ice vibro.
__Feb. 5, 2017
Dan 10 Uploaded. 8th and 9th dan got reworked so that there's less stamina strain.
__Feb. 18, 2017
All Dans Uploaded. 8th dan changed to lower stamina strain.

Changes to be made
Mainly the 1st Dan - 7th Dan will be reworked for balance. There was an agreement that the speed strain is too easy for the lower difficulties.
Here are some of the problems that will be rebalanced:

Dan 1:
Gabe Power too hard
Dan 2: Too much control on Ka Ra Ku Ri and Dr.Jakads, AGK is too slow to be the control map.
Dan 3: Ren-chon and Asayake has too much quad spam (no control), too much control on Big Vibro and it is too short, Ren-chon has too much stamina strain
Dan 4: Lovers + Slowly has too much control, Ice Ice Ice has too much stamina strain
Dan 5: Top man is too easy, Routine has too much stamina strain and control
Dan 6: @HIS BEST is too easy, and I want to remove the @HIS BEST ear rape, oronamin C has too much stamina strain
Dan 7: Sandstorm has too much stamina strain, slapstick is too easy.
Thank you guys for the feedback, I'll update the mapset when we find the perfect maps.

Hall of Fame
Full leaderboard: Spreadsheet

ω-ρ (Singularity Dan)
-

φ-ρ (Horizon Dan)
Arpia97

ρ-10
-

ρ-9 - ρ-8
Fumi, Topovn, Dawt

ρ-7 - ρ-6
tsuyu, Piggy, Staravia
Dawt
the only relevant skillset
Topic Starter
Staravia

Dawt wrote:

8-)
Worms

Dawt wrote:

Topovn

Dawt wrote:

Kamikaze

Dawt wrote:

!where attang
ggsnipess

-Kamikaze- wrote:

!where attang
!where hyeon
lemonguy
How to pass vibro dan courses
https://youtu.be/RZ9N21N-Gsk?t=47s
Topic Starter
Staravia
Ok, after some further testing and initial results, we've changed some maps' HP drain to constrain it to difficulty due to note density/stamina.
I've also linked a spreadsheet where you can download each individual map, and added a leader-board spreadsheet to keep track of players (as suggested by Dawt.)
Topic Starter
Staravia
We're also looking for maps to add for 10th/Horizon/Singularity that are not in the spreadsheet, if you have any map that you think that we might like, please PM me or reply to this thread!!
(Also note that we are picky with the maps, so we are sorry if we have to turn down any offers)
[Crz]Player
interesting
-[C R A Z Y]-

ggsnipess wrote:

-Kamikaze- wrote:

!where attang
!where hyeon
!where Sida
Yuudachi-kun
Vibro is too hard
Jeppin
DDMythical

Jeppin wrote:

I hope there will be 7k as well.

Why did the bat brush his teeth?

Because he had bat breath.
https://gofundme.com/dashboard/fund-jep ... -to-poland
Skochan
Hello , (^-^)/
What we have to do to clear the dan's ? Just pass them or get a specific % ?
Topic Starter
Staravia

Skorer wrote:

Hello , (^-^)/
What we have to do to clear the dan's ? Just pass them or get a specific % ?
Yea, all you have to do is not fail.
abraker
This has to be a joke
Yuudachi-kun

abraker wrote:

This has to be a joke

Learn to vibro
abraker

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

abraker wrote:

This has to be a joke

Learn to vibro
I mean the first map is unbalanced af. It took me 30 min to decide if I wanted to see the rest
Topic Starter
Staravia
I mean the first map is unbalanced af. It took me 30 min to decide if I wanted to see the rest
Are you talking about Yoko? How is it unbalanced? i want to make the Dans as fair as possible for every difficulty.
DDMythical
A great idea sadly ruined by terrible execution.

I understand that this is vibro, but when the 1st dan is the 2nd highest star rating, you have to understand there is a problem. There is no consistancy in difficulties throughout the dans. for dan 1, the first song is hard-ish, the second is ridiculously easy, and the third is 173bpm quadjacking. What the fuck were you thinking?

I think another reason these dans wont catch on is because of the ridiculously high entry point, Which means that only experienced vibro players can even enter the dans.

Overall it boils down to one thing tho. You seem to define vibro skill as only jacking speed, whereas vibro skill is a combination of jacking speed and jacking stamina. And in your dans, the jacks only get faster but length is not accounted for, leaving things like dan1 being harder than dan2
Yuudachi-kun
I can't jack fast, but I think dan 2 is harder than dan 1. I could only get to the last chart of dan 1/2. For dan 1, the first two were easy for me to get through but I couldn't do gabe power at all. For dan 2, the first two were significantly harder than dan 1, and when the hard part arrived of the boss chart, I died almost instantly.
Topic Starter
Staravia

DDMythical wrote:

I understand that this is vibro, but when the 1st dan is the 2nd highest star rating, you have to understand there is a problem. There is no consistancy in difficulties throughout the dans. for dan 1, the first song is hard-ish, the second is ridiculously easy, and the third is 173bpm quadjacking.
I see where you're coming from, but I disagree with almost all of your points. The difficulties are determined by how hard it is to pass the map without failing, not how hard it is to get good acc. Star rating doesn't affect the difficulty of the map, since LN and quads causes a huge SR inflation.

DDMythical wrote:

the third is 173bpm quadjacking.
Ok, fair enough. The second map on the third dan is actually being planned with being replaced by a different map.

Overall it boils down to one thing tho. You seem to define vibro skill as only jacking speed, whereas vibro skill is a combination of jacking speed and jacking stamina.
Although speed increases during each difficulty, the stamina strain of the stamina maps are also considered. For instance:

Dan9 - K8107: 21 second stamina strain
Dan10 - Electric Butterfly: 24 second stamina strain
Dan11 - TLDNE: 30 second stamina strain

The Dans are a collaboration with vibro enthusiasts, so I'm not the only one working on this, since it's being assumed.

Anyways, thank's for letting me know. Dan 1-6 were going to be changed to match standardization with the higher dans.
DDMythical
"Ok, fair enough. The second map on the third dan is actually being planned with being replaced by a different map."

I was not on about the third dan. I was on about the first dan.

otherwise thank you for taking the time to respond to my requests!
EtienneXC
Damn, time to modify my genes amirite
Yuudachi-kun
Dossar
Caput Mortuum
I don't know if dans are meant to be like this, but isn't the first part seems a bit ehm, unbalanced? I mean, I managed to maintain 97% acc but failed right away when the lns came in.
Yuudachi-kun

Eraser wrote:

I don't know if dans are meant to be like this, but isn't the first part seems a bit ehm, unbalanced? I mean, I managed to maintain 97% acc but failed right away when the lns came in.

Acc doesn't matter though - they're not made around that
Caput Mortuum
Well, that is beside the point. What I meant is, the last 1/8 ln spam section is a very huge spike compared to the previous sections.
Yuudachi-kun
If it were beside the point youd mention you can pass the first two easily but the last one is insta fail instead
Caput Mortuum
I kind of said that.. but whatever, you get it now
Topic Starter
Staravia
There is a rework planned for the first half of the mapset.
The Dans are almost balanced in terms of difficulty of failing, but the reason why the lower Dan maps lack quality is because there's only a handful of maps to choose from that is acceptable for the course.
AbsurdDive
Tried the first dan

1st song: holy ** this is complicated (pass it with barely a B)
2nd song: aww yeah maid of fire (95.6%)
3rd song: what the actual f*** (failed) < the reason why the 1st dan is 11*

hahahahahaha

nice courses tho :D thanks for this man ^^

i'll be lurkin' to see what you do next :D

Vibro > ALL
PuppoWuf
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8945534 so uhhhhhh apparently i passed p-6