forum

Just hit the wall/bottleneck/how you call it. Can't advance

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OlCat
just to summarize my whole playtime
I played mania for 2 months and switched to std and now playing it for 4 months, and now it seems i can't seem to advance or even fc any map. I think I've rushed too much, because I'm always playing higher * maps(ex. i can only play 2* but stubbornly playing higher maps)and now i can play up to 4* but it seems i can't even fc any map or ss any of them.
Always relied on reflex
Any advice?
Trying to play 3*s to learn something i might skipped, but i'm still playing 4*s because i might lose my edge on them
any other advice?
also tried some mods
sorry for the grammar
JeromeTT
Play more.

Don't expect that you should improve every day, just play for fun and you will get better.
N0thingSpecial
Play more, 3* to be specific. Any type of map will help you improve, 3*helps with fundamentals like reading and your sense of rhythm
Spirit_Dreamer
"Losing your edge on 4*"??? Believe me you don't have any edge yet.Just properly learn the basics first.Don't play "whack a mole" and concentrate on accuracy.
Kyrari

OlCat wrote:

Always relied on reflex
If you're playing maps around your skill level, you shouldn't need to rely on reflexes imo.

Maybe try some more 3* so you'll rely less on reflex and be able to read patterns. Not playing at your highest star rating can be boring, but relying on reflex too much might be a bad habit.

And also play more. You'll get the hang of 4* patterns eventually
Torgairon
with all due respect, 9 out of 10 of these threads are the same: newer players playing farm maps at entire star difficulties above what they should actually be practicing and wondering why they're stuck there. the answer is you're not really "there" at all, not with ~85% accs.
[Gaia]_old

Torgairon wrote:

with all due respect, 9 out of 10 of these threads are the same: newer players playing farm maps at entire star difficulties above what they should actually be practicing and wondering why they're stuck there. the answer is you're not really "there" at all, not with ~85% accs.
This guy is 1000% right. Stop playing songs that you only get 85~90% on. Go play songs on your actual level and then you'll improve. This is a rhythm game, not a mash-the-key-and-aim-based-on-reflexes-and-hope-for-the-best game.
markii

VanillaSandvich wrote:

OlCat wrote:

Always relied on reflex
If you're playing maps around your skill level, you shouldn't need to rely on reflexes imo.

Maybe try some more 3* so you'll rely less on reflex and be able to read patterns. Not playing at your highest star rating can be boring, but relying on reflex too much might be a bad habit.

And also play more. You'll get the hang of 4* patterns eventually

I don't know when the last time you played maps that easy was, but they don't have SUPER strong emphasis on rhythm and there is a severe problem with undermapping, the goal of these maps is to get your fundamentals working (not even good) so that you can get to maps that have good rhythm sense, a lot of these maps require more reflex and actually watching the circles close as opposed to reading a pattern.

@OP don't worry about it you will progress with time, there will be platues, and everything will work itself out.
-Yuni
play easier maps, don't try mods, always try to have fun and don't worry about pp/hard passes, especially in the beginning.
Topic Starter
OlCat
Reading all these replies really makes me... um... think i'm in a "what the heck am i doing all these time!!" situation

yeah, my main problem is rushing. iv'e rushed too much that i can't keep up with the patterns. i can keep up with random jumps ,but with perfectly orchestrated jumps. NO. streams are fine and timing is ok.
just gonna play some 3.5+* then

and i don't really care with those pp things. just make everything much more complicated for me.
all i need is a bunch of circles to tap on and spinners to spin on (dunno if someone actually have said that already, just makin my statements)