forum

[Archived] Is this a bug?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
Problem Details:
Earlier I was playing a map and trying to get a better score.
I managed to slowly improve, and I noticed that at one point it was not giving me the correct rank. I ignored it as the ranking chart displayed me correctly, until I looked at my profile.

about 3 hours ago
Imperf3kt achieved rank #28 on MPAA - Piracy - It's a Crime [JInx's mp3's] (osu!)
about 4 hours ago
Imperf3kt achieved rank #390 on MPAA - Piracy - It's a Crime [JInx's mp3's] (osu!)
about 4 hours ago
Imperf3kt achieved rank #31 on MPAA - Piracy - It's a Crime [JInx's mp3's] (osu!)
about 4 hours ago
Imperf3kt achieved rank #65 on MPAA - Piracy - It's a Crime [JInx's mp3's] (osu!)
about 4 hours ago
Imperf3kt achieved rank #395 on MPAA - Piracy - It's a Crime [JInx's mp3's] (osu!)
about 4 hours ago
Imperf3kt achieved rank #63 on MPAA - Piracy - It's a Crime [JInx's mp3's] (osu!)

How did I get rank 63, then drop to 395 then go back to 65 then get to 31 then drop to 390 and finally end up at 28?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
ReGamed
Maybe you spinned the spinner more times so it gave you more points witch result in a higher rank on the map ?
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
Oops, forgot to mention that in each case, I spun the same amount.

The odd thing is, even if thats the case, why was I going up and down in map rank (so much) without even replacing my top score?
ReGamed
It can be the case that you had ascore when not many people had played the map so you got a better Rank or many people have the same score as you so you will be ranked under them !
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
Yes, that can happen, but it is not supposed to award you map rank 300 and something when you already have map rank #31 and the score was not local #1
Sandy Hoey
I dont think it lowered your on the map, it is the rank that the play would have gotten. It still shows up in your recent plays because all plays with a top 100 rank (I think its top 1000) are displayed and top 50 are in bold.
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
It doesn't do it for other maps though.
I played another map last night that I have map rank #8 on, I got map rank #150 or so instead as I can't spin as fast as I used to. That never appeared in my recent plays though.
Arnold0

I think it writes here the rank you did with a play even if it's not your best score on the map, but your actual score on the map itself doesn't change. Actually idk if that is expected behavior or not.
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
Thats what I am seeing, and as far as I am aware (chatting to an in game chat moderator), it is not expected behaviour.

It never used to do this, I've played osu for four years and this is the first time I've experienced this.
Arnold0
As far as I remember I didn't saw this before too. I wouldn't be surprised if this started hapenning when we could get multiple scores per map.