forum

Kobayashi-san's Maid Dragon episode 3 jokes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Paxas_old
There are arrows and symbols displayed in between mini-stories e.g. ⇓ ⇘ ⇒ + star or A+B+C, what does that mean?
kidamiku

Paxas wrote:

There are arrows and symbols displayed in between mini-stories e.g. ⇓ ⇘ ⇒ + star or A+B+C, what does that mean?
I believe that it is some higher level dragon-mahou desu.

SPOILER
Just kidding
Rio-
Probably just an eyecatch. You know? A transition of images or animation between parts of an Episode. They used it in between the mini-series aswell.
I think It's related to something in the one of the miniseries. Like the ⇓ ⇘ ⇒ + could be related to a Fighting Game and A+B+C related to algebra. Who knows?
blissfulyoshi
Since my friend of mine was sad this wasn't answered yet, here is the answer.

⇓ ⇘ ⇒ + * is the input for the Shoryuken in Street Fighter. In addition, Street Fighter's "mascot", Ryu, who is well known to peform the Shoiryuken, has a name meaning dragon in Japanese.

A+B+C is another fighting game reference to pressing the A, B, and C button at the time (usually hotkeyed). While I'm not sure of any direct reference, given the general game oriented jokes of the episode, it is doubtfully anything but a game reference.
Navizel
⇓ ⇘ ⇒ is Hadouken. Shoryuken looks like a Z. * probably means any of the punches cause in Street Fighter there's light, medium, and hard punch/kick. The type of hadouken depends on the punch you input.
blissfulyoshi

Navizel wrote:

⇓ ⇘ ⇒ is Hadouken. Shoryuken looks like a Z. * probably means any of the punches cause in Street Fighter there's light, medium, and hard punch/kick. The type of hadouken depends on the punch you input.
Sorry I'm silly. Should have looked up SF inputs before typing them so fast.
Topic Starter
Paxas_old
A+B+C is used a lot in anime kakuge: as Arcana Burst and Extend Force in Arcana Heart series, Roman/Rapid/One more cancel in Guilty Gear/Blazblue/Persona 4, Heat/Blood Heat/Initiative Heat in Melty Blood, Veil Off/Crosscast Veil Off in Under Night In-Birth, Blast in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition and Nitroplus Blasterz