forum

osu! Autohost Bot

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HyPeX
Its my first time down in the forums, so please dont hate me.

Disclaimer: Making a bot account is unallowed unless you have permission from peopy. Please email him or support (accounts@ppy.sh) before doing so unless you want to be restricted.

A lot of you multiplayer people may (or may not) have noticed this happening, and at the same time, you may've noticed AutoHost, so i figured i'd finally post it down properly for everyone to know what is this.

This bot was initially written by ekgame and its primitive version can be found on its github. After talking with him for a while i decided to do a fork and improve on it.

The bot is as the name claims, an autohost bot, which manages a multiplayer room, where players can request songs and they are put on a queue. The bot has a timer and checks for players to be ready for starting. This is of course, more detail explained on the readme.

Images of the bot working (Thanks Idealism) (Check collapsed box for images expanded)

After a very long time hosting on my account and working on it while emailing peppy, i was finally given the permission to have the bot account AutoHost and run it. Yes, it is running 24/7 in case you wanna peek in. Search for AutoHost lobbies.

But since i was allowed the bot account, i was prompted with one thing by peppy: Make the bot work on the tourney system.
I've since started the project (very initial stages, i've university finals soon so not much time) where i will be rewriting the bot to do so.
This new method will loose out in some detailed information and will depend a lot more on api requests, but the adventages outweight since it will bring the possibility to have multiple lobbies running and (In discussion)have everyone able to use it, as well as a lot of fixes that would otherwise prove very hard.

If you have any questions or doubts, i'll be pleased to answer them ;)
abraker
Played with autohost and like playing with it. Would love to see this more developed.

Also, mania and unranked when ;-;
Topic Starter
HyPeX

abraker wrote:

Played with autohost and like playing with it. Would love to see this more developed.

Also, mania and unranked when ;-;
Unranked probably never since there needs to be an operator arround to keep an eye on trolls.

Mania is technically possible without touching anything, but will probably come arround with the IRC bot since i'm not working on the alive right now.
When the IRC version hits i'll make it host a lobby for every star range and one for each other gamemode.
abraker

HyPeX wrote:

Unranked probably never since there needs to be an operator arround to keep an eye on trolls.
Speaking of trolls, I spent an around 3 hours queuing old maps, granted not many were fond of the that. Maybe have a lobby dedicated to old maps and disallow maps from before 2014 being picked in the other ones?
Topic Starter
HyPeX

abraker wrote:

HyPeX wrote:

Speaking of trolls, I spent an around 3 hours queuing old maps, granted not many were fond of the that. Maybe have a lobby dedicated to old maps and disallow maps from before 2014 being picked in the other ones?
I could really do whatever i want on limitation wise- But theres only one lobby at the moment until IRC bot is done. So i'm bound to leave the most optimal lobby.
Sorun
I love this bot! Hopefully we can get more rooms for varying difficulties. Sometimes I want to play the advertised 4-5* but people queue higher which could be annoying at times when im there to take it easy. It would also make for a great PP farming tool seeing how it tells you the pp rewards beforehand and lets you know how much you got after completing the map.
FoxCat
Man! Finally you have it working, congratz! c:
troke
it's only standard mode? and if me as a bot account, i dont get banned ? sorry bad english
abraker

-Troke- wrote:

and if me as a bot account, i dont get banned ?
If you mean you want to host a bot, you need peppy's permission.
Topic Starter
HyPeX

abraker wrote:

-Troke- wrote:

and if me as a bot account, i dont get banned ?
troke
oh okay2 thanks for you information :D
TllItzOvr
Hola, Como puedo Crear un bot asi? Si tenes skype me lo podrias dar porfavor si me puedes ayudar ? :p
Ideal
I'd like to remind here that in case the bot gets stuck on playing, you can either join the discord server and poke one of the online operators so we can reset the bot's status or you can directly PM one of them ingame asking them to join the lobby and fix the problem. (also sneak bump but this has actual info so)
Topic Starter
HyPeX

Idealism wrote:

I'd like to remind here that in case the bot gets stuck on playing, you can either join the discord server and poke one of the online operators so we can reset the bot's status or you can directly PM one of them ingame asking them to join the lobby and fix the problem. (also sneak bump but this has actual info so)
Since today i did a hotfix to the bot, anyone (even random players) can cast !unstuck, and the bot will resume normal work.
Ideal

HyPeX wrote:

Idealism wrote:

Since today i did a hotfix to the bot, anyone (even random players) can cast !unstuck, and the bot will resume normal work.
I see, good to know.
Slothax
Dude I just joined an autohost lobby and i gotta say that I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT. A system like this should be in every osu! lobby. Please keep on the great work :).
MrAro
Hi. Can I download and use this on my main account only without admins authorization? I will not get banned because of external software using?
[ Usagi ]

MrAro wrote:

Hi. Can I download and use this on my main account only without admins authorization? I will not get banned because of external software using?

HyPeX wrote:

abraker wrote:

[-Iceman-]
I wanted to ask, how does this work? Do you need to host a room to do it? Because a default room doesn't have Autohost. So I wanted to know how does it work. Does it work on mania/CTB/Taiko rooms?
Topic Starter
HyPeX

[-Iceman-] wrote:

I wanted to ask, how does this work? Do you need to host a room to do it? Because a default room doesn't have Autohost. So I wanted to know how does it work. Does it work on mania/CTB/Taiko rooms?
This topic is kinda outdated since i didnt find time to update it as well as working on the bot.

Right now the bot works entirely on IRC based, by controlling the lobbies thanks to osu!Tourney commands. As for mania/ctb/taiko, rooms, there's no proper support yet (its on the to-do list), though the rooms should work at least by star rating.

There's going to be an updated FAQ page and proper explanations of everything at this page, but its currently being written and still not uploaded.
MrAro

HyPeX wrote:

abraker wrote:

[/quote]
I thought he wrote this about multiaccounts only. Anyway, thanks for answer, even in so rude form.
Topic Starter
HyPeX

MrAro wrote:

I thought he wrote this about multiaccounts only. Anyway, thanks for answer, even in so rude form.
Its main aim in this case wasnt the multiaccounts - but rather the implementation of the old autohost - which used a rather dodgy system to simulate a client. (Packet modifying and sending).

Technically you could take that and turn it into nasty things - which he was warning people about.
Topic Starter
HyPeX
Hey everyone, since formatting here is harder (actually no, i'm just lazy to write it all again), i'm gonna point you to the reddit thread

> https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... lic_usage/

Enjoy ;)
nakatan
So is there any other way to get an autohost bot OTHER than contacting someone with overlook?
Ideal
Unknown_player
Hmm hey i just found an autohost lobby in mania. I REALLY LOVE IT.
leonardo5380_2
I don't know if I HATE the AutoHosts.. This is like a bot.
abraker

leonardo5380_2 wrote:

So?
Topic Starter
HyPeX

leonardo5380_2 wrote:

Uh.... it IS a bot though?
FireRedz

leonardo5380_2 wrote:

it is a bot
Master Sosig
Is it just me or can you not find autohost when you press F9?
aisha08
si muy bien todo, pero, quiero saber como se hace una sala con tus estrellas y tu auto host y todo