forum

The official osu! mascot

posted
Total Posts
show more
Faust

awp wrote:

Agent LucasJay wrote:

OK i dont know if this was suggested because im too lazy to read 64 pages but anyway, why not just put it in the storyboard?
I don't fully understand your question but your answer lies in the first 63 pages of this thread
Oh You.
Derekku

Agent LucasJay wrote:

OK i dont know if this was suggested because im too lazy to read 64 pages but anyway, why not just put it in the storyboard?
3D animated Pippi will be like the 3D dancers in the Ouendan/EBA games. She will be a new feature placed into osu! co-aside storyboards/videos/etc.
Roga-don
mmmh ... I think that wouldn't be great ...
Behon
So should we consider this dead, or....?

Seriously, this is like the third time I've had to necro-post in this topic.
LuigiHann
You might as well just skip the necroposting and PM loginer
Topic Starter
Loginer
I'm doing something right now. Expect to see results in the near future.
qlum

Loginer wrote:

3 weeks later...
adamskii_uk
Quotes from over 9 months ago on page 60 ... :)

I think he meant Christmas 2010. :D :lol:

Loginer wrote:

I've finally decided to completely replace the UV map/texture I made 6 months ago, and added a lot of details in the process. Most of the changes are subtle, but I feel they add a lot to the bigger picture. Also, this lets me use a few tricks to make her look better in-game. I've also made some more progress with the animations.

Assuming I don't run into any unforeseen problems, I expect to finish the whole thing before Christmas.

Remco32 wrote:

Does that mean we get ingame dancers somewhere around Christmas?

Loginer wrote:

Only if peppy/Intermezzo add dancer support in time, and I figure out how to export everything properly. I have a good feeling about this, though.
xerxes_oli

Loginer wrote:

4 weeks later...
Faust

xerxes_oli wrote:

Loginer wrote:

4 weeks later...
Wow. Did you hire Loginer to do this? Did you?
Topic Starter
Loginer
Status update: I was changing a bunch of things when I made the previous post (replaced the hand with a new one, messed with proportions, changed a few poses), and all I have left to do now is fix the head. Then I lost motivation for a week or so, and right now I'm busy modeling props for a TF2 map.

I'll eventually need to create a decent animu head for that project as well, so I'll get started on it as soon as I'm done with the Stallman statuette I'm working on.
Neo@lex
Is it the /3/ collab map?
Behon
Have you thought about collaborating or passing the project on to someone else? If you're always too busy or "lacking motivation", you could find someone who wants to do this.
Behon
Bumping to celebrate almost a month with no updates. Loginer also didn't respond to the previous post or the direct PM I sent him, so if anybody higher up wants to try contacting him, that might work.
awp

Behonkiss wrote:

Loginer also didn't respond to the previous post or the direct PM I sent him, so if anybody higher up wants to try contacting him, that might work.
Why? Do you think he's deliberately ignoring you?
Behon

awp wrote:

Behonkiss wrote:

Loginer also didn't respond to the previous post or the direct PM I sent him, so if anybody higher up wants to try contacting him, that might work.
Why? Do you think he's deliberately ignoring you?
I never said that, but he would definitely be more likely to quickly respond if it was Peppy or someone PMing him. He might just have forgotten.
Daru
Real life > Designing a 3D version of a mascot for an online game
Behon

Daru wrote:

Real life > Designing a 3D version of a mascot for an online game
Which is exactly why I want to see his thoughts on passing the project on to someone else. He's been posting for months about life and other projects, so why not find someone with a looser schedule?
Topic Starter
Loginer
Ugh.

I'm done with the other stuff, so I'll get started on the head today. If any skilled animator is willing to help me with the dance moves, let me know.
Sarumaru_old
Thought it was about time I showed myself around here for a bit with a small taste of some new Pippi art. Nothing major though...

awp
Well, look who it is, bro
Sarumaru_old

awp wrote:

Well, look who it is, bro
Heya! :) Long time, eh?

SO, I was thinking Pippi needs an entourage, I hope Peppy reads this thread :) I had some ideas.
Starrodkirby86
Now that's adorable. <3 Are those rough lines intentional? :o They add to the image quite nicely.

It's good to see you again!

...Though your site seems down?
Zone51
im baaaack !
well stuff has not much changed
Behon

Loginer wrote:

Ugh.

I'm done with the other stuff, so I'll get started on the head today. If any skilled animator is willing to help me with the dance moves, let me know.
Post date: Over 4 months ago

Let's just deal with this. Who else is for giving the project to someone else? Loginer has had chance after chance and all he has proven is that he's either eternally too busy or just doesn't give a shit.
awp
Loginer doesn't have entitlement to the project. He never did. He was just the only one who actually remained committed for all that time. Some people with considerable talents did some along and produce some prototype, unfinished models, but they were in and out as fast as osu! port devs
LuigiHann

Behonkiss wrote:

Loginer wrote:

Ugh.

Post date: Over 4 months ago

Let's just deal with this. Who else is for giving the project to someone else? Loginer has had chance after chance and all he has proven is that he's either eternally too busy or just doesn't give a shit.
If you want to do it, go ahead. If you know somebody else who can do it, have them do it. Loginer may post in this thread once every four months but that's still more than any other modeler. There's no need or reason to fire Loginer since this isn't a job, and he has no monopoly on it. If somebody else wants to do it, they should do it, and their only challenge would be to get it done before Loginer does, which doesn't seem like it would be difficult. But I see no reason to "give the project to somebody else" unless they come along it's already done

I will, however, un-sticky this thread, so it will float away into the river of time, since this is the same old thread that was used to design the character, and really any new model or even any progress on Loginer's ought to be presented in a new thread by this point.
XxshapuxX
mm.. i know a few thing about 3d modeling and how it can be used on osu,

i guess not every map will have dancers, only new ones

first you´ll need a ( example 100 frames animation [some engines work with this style]) and... frames 11 - 20 are a jump, and like storyboard, and using the bpm, in something like a storyboard editor, using the function "jump", will make the dancer jump, so the other frames could be used for, another dance moves like, 1 - 10 hands up, 21 - 30, get down, and thats not a freaking difficult work at all, and you´ll have the freedom to make custom dances, but you´ll not be able to make custon steps ,

this kind of system, doesnt need bone system on the 3d model.

it will need only 1 animation because the player will have all the steps loaded, and i guess it will lag less than have separate files

about the luigihann method, i dont believe it will work, or, it will work, but it wont be good - looked

ahh another thing, it CANT BE RENDERED!, it will look like 2-D image.

i hope this help ;)
Daru

XxshapuxX wrote:

i know some 3d animating and all that( 3ds max ) , maybe i could help?
There are really no designated artists or animators, so go ahead and contribute whatever you can. :)
ShaggoN
Yeah, people are still waiting to see 3D sexy model of Pippi. x3
LuigiHann
[Dellirium] posted a cool fanart here, and I moved it over into the fan art thread, if anybody was wondering
ShaggoN

LuigiHann wrote:

[Dellirium] posted a cool fanart here, and I moved it over into the fan art thread, if anybody was wondering
Maybe 2D, but still sexy. ;)
Topic Starter
Loginer

ShaggoN wrote:

Yeah, people are still waiting to see 3D sexy model of Pippi. x3
The model's been finished for ages, actually. The reason I haven't made a new post here in six months is because the project's been at a standstill since then. Now that we finally have someone volunteering to help me with animation, we might just see some significant progress in the near future.

Progress which would be displayed in a new thread.
Derekku
Not sure why you posted a July update when the thread is still locked. :V
LuigiHann
We can unlock it if Loginer's back. Though it might be nice for Loginer to start a new thread if he chooses
victorlvg678
Cool! n.n
XPJ38
Nice necropost.
Tesu
:oops:
hophope
hi guys.. sorry for bringing up an old thread, but i'm just wondering, any plan on renewing the mascot's character design or just.. plain overall artwork with the same character?
imho it looks outdated.