forum

Crystal Castles - Sad Eyes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Melsoon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 9 февраля 2017 г. at 14:24:44

Artist: Crystal Castles
Title: Sad Eyes
Tags: crystal castles 3 iii alice glass ethan kath english canada electronic
BPM: 135
Filesize: 15900kb
Play Time: 00:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. !UNFINISHED! Hard (2,56 stars, 90 notes)
  2. Easy (1,38 stars, 88 notes)
  3. Normal (2,01 stars, 144 notes)
  4. Victorfernando's Insane (4,4 stars, 491 notes)
Download: Crystal Castles - Sad Eyes
Download: Crystal Castles - Sad Eyes (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

My second map ^^

Waiting for mods! Please, I really want to learn how to map (:

Easy by Melsoon
Normal by Melsoon
Hard by ...???
(I'm working on it but GD is really appreciated)
Insane by Victorfernando

CHANGELOG
26/01/2017 ready for mods
30/01/2017 Victorfernando's mod (edited Easy)
31/01/2017 Victorfernando's mod (edited Normal)
02/02/2017 Yay! New difficulty - Insane by Victorfernando!
04/02/2017 Deivedux's mod
07/02/2017 Xinying's mod
victorfernando
Hi , You are new from mapping right , First The rules (I learn Some days before ) Don't give kudosu for comment , just one for person , But if this person Give 2 Mod Perfect's you can Give Them 2 kudosu's
All
Really Enjoy You map , right beat's BPM is good to , But the slider Speed Can Be more lower , If you need some tips on diff I suggest this site
Easy
Make Slider's More beatiful , And Change the slider speed , And Remeber , Changing The slider speed , Change the tick of the sliders so , realign after do it , The basic For Easy Diff Is slider speed 0,90 Or 1,00 And change the diff settings like The site i suggest[
Normal
Here Too Slider's Ugly To make Them more beatiful , Use This technique, Slider speed to fast , 1,30 or 1,40 is good for normal , And change the diff settings like The site i suggest

And Here Have a good site about slider's If you need <3 https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/37194
Topic Starter
Melsoon

victorfernando wrote:

Hi , You are new from mapping right , First The rules (I learn Some days before ) Don't give kudosu for comment , just one for person , But if this person Give 2 Mod Perfect's you can Give Them 2 kudosu's
All
Really Enjoy You map , right beat's BPM is good to , But the slider Speed Can Be more lower , If you need some tips on diff I suggest this site
Easy
Make Slider's More beatiful , And Change the slider speed , And Remeber , Changing The slider speed , Change the tick of the sliders so , realign after do it , The basic For Easy Diff Is slider speed 0,90 Or 1,00 And change the diff settings like The site i suggest[
Normal
Here Too Slider's Ugly To make Them more beatiful , Use This technique, Slider speed to fast , 1,30 or 1,40 is good for normal , And change the diff settings like The site i suggest
And Here Have a good site about slider's If you need <3 https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/37194
Thanks for very useful tips! I'll fix all of them. F-F-FIXED! ^^
Deivedux
I see you are very new to mapping. So, before you read my modding, please read the following guidelines from wiki. I see you have Easy, Normal and Insane difficulties (according to the website), so I really recommend you to read every guideline of each difficulty, and not only the guideline, but every other section in the wiki:
I'm sure you will read them, if not, I'm still going to mention some of them in modding parts.

Easy

1. Try to use the Distance Spacing on 1.0x at all times and use Distance Snap option.
  2. Make some hitsounds.
  3. A lot of patterns don't follow the flow. In such difficulty it has to be at all times.
  4. 01:14:831 - If you want to use these kind of sliders, then make the next ones follow their previous sliders, instead of making the player reversing their cursor direction.
  5. 01:21:497 - Make this circle go down, instead of up.

Victorfernando's Insane

1. 00:15:053 - These 3 sliders aren't suppose to overlap with each other.
  2. 00:26:608 - It's way better if you do the jumps in this part and put the streamin in 00:28:164 - this part.
  3. 00:32:831 - One tip, if you hear the beats, then put the beats, this long slider makes you notice only 2 beats, slider start and slider end. Slider ticks aren't beats.
  4. 00:35:275 - Stream jumps? Jump streams? Oh, spaced streams! No, it's a bad idea, unless you make it more playable.
  5. 00:37:275 - You can replace this with single-beat sliders.
  6. 00:45:053 - It's better to continue to place beats than putting this long slider.
  7. 01:02:053 - Stream in this part is a bad idea.
  8. 01:15:719 - Place jumps here and THEN streams 01:18:386 - here.
  9. 02:07:942 - Start the stream from here.
  10. 02:21:053 - C-mon, you can do better than this... At least make the spinner duration longer, but then make it so that it starts later too.
This is just the basic mapping structure. If you want advanced mapping creativity, first fix the ones I mentioned in my modding sections.
Topic Starter
Melsoon

Deivedux wrote:

I see you are very new to mapping. So, before you read my modding, please read the following guidelines from wiki. I see you have Easy, Normal and Insane difficulties (according to the website), so I really recommend you to read every guideline of each difficulty, and not only the guideline, but every other section in the wiki:
I'm sure you will read them, if not, I'm still going to mention some of them in modding parts.

Easy

1. Try to use the Distance Spacing on 1.0x at all times and use Distance Snap option.
  2. Make some hitsounds.
  3. A lot of patterns don't follow the flow. In such difficulty it has to be at all times.
  4. 01:14:831 - If you want to use these kind of sliders, then make the next ones follow their previous sliders, instead of making the player reversing their cursor direction.
  5. 01:21:497 - Make this circle go down, instead of up.

Victorfernando's Insane

1. 00:15:053 - These 3 sliders aren't suppose to overlap with each other.
  2. 00:26:608 - It's way better if you do the jumps in this part and put the streamin in 00:28:164 - this part.
  3. 00:32:831 - One tip, if you hear the beats, then put the beats, this long slider makes you notice only 2 beats, slider start and slider end. Slider ticks aren't beats.
  4. 00:35:275 - Stream jumps? Jump streams? Oh, spaced streams! No, it's a bad idea, unless you make it more playable.
  5. 00:37:275 - You can replace this with single-beat sliders.
  6. 00:45:053 - It's better to continue to place beats than putting this long slider.
  7. 01:02:053 - Stream in this part is a bad idea.
  8. 01:15:719 - Place jumps here and THEN streams 01:18:386 - here.
  9. 02:07:942 - Start the stream from here.
  10. 02:21:053 - C-mon, you can do better than this... At least make the spinner duration longer, but then make it so that it starts later too.
This is just the basic mapping structure. If you want advanced mapping creativity, first fix the ones I mentioned in my modding sections.
Thanks a lot! ^^ I'll follow all the instructions. Fixed! Thanks a lot for modding! ^_____^
Xinying
hey, from my NM queue.

As you're a new mapper, I want to first welcome you to the mapping community and give you some tips and tricks for your stay here which you can either ignore completely or follow.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. How do I map?
For a new mapper, I will almost always give the same advice - find your mapping style. How do you do that? Simple, copy other mapper's map. Even though it's sorta considered plagiarism, it will help a lot with your understanding on mapping concepts. Since you map Easy/Normal, I would recommend Xinely maps (an example: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/531984&#41; and Underforest maps (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/545552). They are mainly Easy/Normal mappers whom I respect a lot.

There are also many guidelines and rules. Some I can name from my fingertips are having short breaks (4 bars for Easy) after using a spinner, consistent distance snapping (prefably at x1.0) and no overlaps which will hinder readability.

2. How do I improve?
This one is pretty much really simple - keep on mapping. Study maps you find really interesting. Don't be afraid to replicate or even copy paste some patterns into your map. Also, it will be very beneficial to you if you can clear your doubts by asking some advanced mappers. They will be more than happy to help

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All of that aside, I'll point out some patterns you use which I find rather "disturbing".

General

1. Disable "Widescreen support" under Design in "song setup" because you do not have a storyboard.
  2. I would recommend disabling countdown too under the same page.
  3. I think you should enable "Epilepsy Warning" because of the flashing lights in the video.
  4. Make sure when you make Hard difficulty, it fits the spread from Normal -> Insane, because right now it's too large.

Easy

1. 00:29:053 (1,2,3) - This rhythm is really hard to differentiate for a new player. Because 'Easy' target audience are players who are new to the game, it is very advisable to stick with 1/1 rhythm throughout the entire song. Here is an example of a consistent rhythm (all on white ticks ONLY).
  2. 00:04:164 (2) - Sliders that rebound more than once are typically not rankable because it hinders readability.
  3. 00:12:608 (3,4,1) - Overlapping notes like these make the map visually unappealing.
  4. 00:57:497 (1,2) - The only maps I see these overlap placements are in technical maps, and should be avoided in Easy which is meant to be simple placements and rhythm, yet visually appealing.

Victorfernando's Insane

1. NCs are very questionable, stick with having one after every downbeat? (Big white tick)
  2. Work on your flow a bit more, your rhythm is average. Flows like 00:19:053 (2,3,4) - makes the map very awkward to play.
  3. 00:32:608 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5) - The song is soft now, there's is no need for a spaced stream.
  4. Did you place streams yourself? Streams like 00:25:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - flow and look very weird. You can always map a slider and convert it to a stream. It will look much neater. From these sliders, you can make a neater stream like this.

That's all from me I guess, you can find me in game or just forum PM me if you have any questions, all the best!
Topic Starter
Melsoon

Xinying wrote:

hey, from my NM queue.

As you're a new mapper, I want to first welcome you to the mapping community and give you some tips and tricks for your stay here which you can either ignore completely or follow.

1. How do I map?
For a new mapper, I will almost always give the same advice - find your mapping style. How do you do that? Simple, copy other mapper's map. Even though it's sorta considered plagiarism, it will help a lot with your understanding on mapping concepts. Since you map Easy/Normal, I would recommend Xinely maps (an example: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/531984&#41; and Underforest maps (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/545552). They are mainly Easy/Normal mappers whom I respect a lot.

There are also many guidelines and rules. Some I can name from my fingertips are having short breaks (4 bars for Easy) after using a spinner, consistent distance snapping (prefably at x1.0) and no overlaps which will hinder readability.

2. How do I improve?
This one is pretty much really simple - keep on mapping. Study maps you find really interesting. Don't be afraid to replicate or even copy paste some patterns into your map. Also, it will be very beneficial to you if you can clear your doubts by asking some advanced mappers. They will be more than happy to help

All of that aside, I'll point out some patterns you use which I find rather "disturbing".

General

1. Disable "Widescreen support" under Design in "song setup" because you do not have a storyboard.
  2. I would recommend disabling countdown too under the same page.
  3. I think you should enable "Epilepsy Warning" because of the flashing lights in the video.
  4. Make sure when you make Hard difficulty, it fits the spread from Normal -> Insane, because right now it's too large.

Easy

1. 00:29:053 (1,2,3) - This rhythm is really hard to differentiate for a new player. Because 'Easy' target audience are players who are new to the game, it is very advisable to stick with 1/1 rhythm throughout the entire song. Here is an example of a consistent rhythm (all on white ticks ONLY).
  2. 00:04:164 (2) - Sliders that rebound more than once are typically not rankable because it hinders readability.
  3. 00:12:608 (3,4,1) - Overlapping notes like these make the map visually unappealing.
  4. 00:57:497 (1,2) - The only maps I see these overlap placements are in technical maps, and should be avoided in Easy which is meant to be simple placements and rhythm, yet visually appealing.

Victorfernando's Insane

1. NCs are very questionable, stick with having one after every downbeat? (Big white tick)
  2. Work on your flow a bit more, your rhythm is average. Flows like 00:19:053 (2,3,4) - makes the map very awkward to play.
  3. 00:32:608 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5) - The song is soft now, there's is no need for a spaced stream.
  4. Did you place streams yourself? Streams like 00:25:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - flow and look very weird. You can always map a slider and convert it to a stream. It will look much neater. From these sliders, you can make a neater stream like this.

That's all from me I guess, you can find me in game or just forum PM me if you have any questions, all the best!
Thanks for the tips ^_^
I will fix all the things you pointed at. Fixed! Yay! (i could miss some things but later i will recheck)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.