forum

Arzest - Enemy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ashton

-himei wrote:

Please, read the log on the previous page. Thanks.

no, give me proper reasoning. I shouldn't have to take another hour of my life to look through that log to see why you denied it.

a map is unrankable if the creator doesn't properly respond to all the mods

read this

more specifically: "omeone just posted some suggestions on your map, great! - but it doesn't end there. For the record, it's necessary to give a proper response for two major reasons. Firstly, so that future mods can be tailored more specifically to your concept or style, resulting in fewer unhelpful suggestions. Secondly, just as a mod post helps you to improve your mapping ability, providing a detailed mod response helps the modder improve their modding ability, meaning they gain experience and can provide more helpful and detailed mods in the future. You never know who you may need to ask for a mod next time around!
Treat all suggestions as valid and equally important until you have thoroughly inspected and tested them - even minor stylistic changes or alternative viewpoints can help improve the quality of a beatmap
As with making a mod post, be sure to explain yourself as much as possible. State what you changed, and if you didn’t accept the suggestion for some reason, explain why and what you did instead.
When declining a suggestion, remain calm and professional, say what needs to be said in order to explain yourself and leave it at that. No matter how impolite, confusing or unhelpful the suggestion was, getting angry and responding with hostility, sarcasm, etc. will not help the situation.
BNs and QATs will review previous mods before placing any icons and may want to initiate or revisit discussions during their checks. Any assistance you can provide as to why you did or didn’t do something takes very little effort, and could be a huge help to all parties later on."

-Code of Conduct - Mapping and Modding
Vivyanne
CB imo ur mod is kinda against the themes the map is trying to use :/
also are u honestly trying to spice up unneeded drama, i mean like BN can do what ur doing rn (and yes its the BNs job not urs xd)
Topic Starter
hi-mei
Its ok, Whirl.

My old friends, Stjpa and Sergio, which i was shit talking around for last 6 months are going to pop that bubble. So you dont need to stress ureself anymore ;)
Ashton

HighTec wrote:

CB imo ur mod is kinda against the themes the map is trying to use :/
also are u honestly trying to spice up unneeded drama, i mean like BN can do what ur doing rn (and yes its the BNs job not urs xd)

I love the whole idea and theme of the map, I understand the gimmick, but sometimes gimmicks can be bad ranking wise because it's not properly incorporated! that's what I was trying to explain in my mod, for example if he wanted a symettrical gimmick map then he could at least make the spacing and flow well also, but maybe focus most on that one certain thing.

Yes it is a bn job, but it's not okay for me to give opinions?

I'm not trying to stir up unneeded drama, I'll just stop posting here if you think it's come to that point
Stjpa
before u start insulting: this is not a biased bubble pop, a lot of people (and by that i mean A LOT) agree that this map is far away from being ready for the ranked section

[Gloom]
  1. 00:01:014 (1) - why not silencing the sliderend when it isnt on anything audible in the music
  2. 00:01:700 (3,4,5,1) - having multiple different cursor velocities in one direction plays really bad and i honestly dont see a reason to do that when u start a completely new pattern with different emphasis afterwards
  3. 00:02:043 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - the whole pattern looks aesthetically bad as every second circle (2,4,6 and 1,3,5) are really close to each other when u have so much more space to use. other than that the player gets the feeling that u are mapping to the weird noise in the background (mainly because of the triplet) so having a jump on 4 feels really counterintuitive as the sound fades there
  4. 00:02:900 (6,1) - what exactly happened to the emphasis? 00:01:357 (2,3) - here you had a fairly big jump for the exact same sounds
  5. 00:05:815 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - first of all i really doubt that both triplets need seperate NCs because the sounds they have are pretty much the same and NC barely gives any emphasis anyway. also the jump is way too huge and even linear, making the pattern uncomfortable as hell to play. symmetrical patterns are cool but only if used correctly, which isnt the case here in my opinion
  6. 00:06:500 - would actually be cool if u would put some effort here instead of just copy pasting a whole section
  7. 00:08:900 (4,5) - exactly mapped and emphasized the same as the ones from the previous section even though they arent the same music-wise?
  8. 00:11:300 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - i cant hear any 1/4s at all here and the sound they are mapped on dont really support a stream, let alone that its starting way too late because that sound is audible way earlier already. also worth to mention is that u might wanna give 00:11:643 (7) - some kind of emphasis because the noise is so loud that u shouldnt ignore it
  9. 00:11:986 - what bothers me about this whole section is that u are not doing anything beside copy paste ctrl j / h, which makes it super boring to play and even to look at and not emphasizing stuff properly as there are some different sounds on certain objects that deserve to get their own emphasis, especially since they are sounds u mapped objects to earlier. additionally the nc spam is not necessary as well, only emphasizing every third pattern looks fine and not so spammy like right now
  10. 00:16:615 (3,1) - why are u using an antijump that destroys the whole structure? i mean, u already used jumps 00:03:757 (1,1) - here that are basically the same sounds, actually even weaker to be exact
  11. 00:17:128 (2,3,1) - im aware that theres a sound on that blue and red tick but honestly they are so quiet that u could just use extended slider again because it feels wrong the way its mapped atm and the transition from 2 to 3 looks really bad
  12. 00:19:872 (2,3,1) - they are less strong than 00:18:500 (2,3,1) - but u decided to emphasis them the same?
  13. 00:20:557 (2,3,1) - and then u dont have anything on the slider here which has a loud noisy sound...and generally not emphasizing anything afterwards properly in comparison to before; 00:20:900 (1,2,3,1) - sound it getting linearly louder but u still keep the same spacing
  14. 00:21:929 (2,3,1) - and then all of a sudden u use jumps here when u used antijumps on strong sounds here 00:16:615 (3,1) -
  15. 00:28:100 (2,1,2) - almost looks like 1/4 patterns because they are so close to each other + u used 1/4 gaps to that in the beginning
  16. 00:28:443 (1) - following ur scheme this one shouldnt be nc'd so the patterns here 00:28:786 - have their own ncs like 00:22:957 (1) . yes both sections are not the same, but it definitely feels better to seperate 00:28:443 (1) - from 00:28:786 (3) -
  17. 00:33:243 (1,2,3) - this pattern can be really problematic to read if u dont change 00:28:100 (2,1,2) -
  18. 00:34:957 (5,6) - similar issue as in the beginning, this shouldnt be less spaced than 00:36:329 (4,5) - because the second pattern is actually weakerand u dont use any kind of increasing difficulty progression in ur structure to justify it
  19. 00:43:529 (1,2) - is also much less aggressive than 00:38:043 (1,2) - so theres no reason to emphasize both the same and especially this much
  20. 00:46:272 - it would be really cool if the spinner wouldnt be longer than 1 measure because there appears a new sound and having such a long spinner is so exhausting to play
  21. 00:57:929 (1,2) - either im deaf or theres not even anything different in the song to use a completely different pattern
  22. 01:02:043 (3,1) - overlap is actually visible ingame and u need to change this pattern as u never had overlaps before, thus not fitting to ur concept of th map
  23. 01:02:729 (1,2,3,4) - music-wise the pattern doesnt really make sense as the quiet noisy sounds are getting loider / noisier with every 1/1 but ur spacing just ruins it
  24. 01:04:786 (5,6,7,8) - the whole pattern itself would be fine as it is if the music wouldnt get more intense at this exact point, so increasing the spacing by the same amount as before is counterintuitive
  25. 01:05:472 (1) - what is this object snapped to? it looks like u u wanted to make it go over the whole screen but a 1/4 gap is too harsh for that so u chose the 1/8 tick before so its somewhat fine lol
  26. 01:06:843 (1,3) - 01:07:186 (2,4) - etc. its really noticable that the circle are really close
  27. 01:10:957 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - also ignored the music by just using a symmetrical pattern with the same spacing when the music has a higher pitch in the first one
and honestly im gonna stop at this point because im modding for almost 90 minutes now and im only at about 20% of the map, would take me forever to point out all issues

to summarize everything: u are ignoring the song and have wrong emphasis just for the sake of symmetry and also have a lot of patterns that look aesthetically bad because of the way u executed them

if u dont plan on remapping the whole map as u have these issues literally everywhere im going to veto the map as its not ready for ranking in the slightest imo
I Must Decrease
ya low key i agree :\ @stjpa
Seijiro
I was one of those not agreeing with this being ready btw, just to not make Stjpa's comment sound like a baseless comment
Nao Tomori
it seems like a pretty common sentiment, ofc. bad decision by me then.
Mir
I mean I kind of agree. Symmetry is a style that not many people can pull off properly (to make a map that is consistent and plays/flows decently). The aesthetics from what I've seen are lacking and I do agree that this map can be improved a lot.

Don't take this entire thing as a personal attack though, please. The BNs are just doing their jobs.
Plaudible
Voicing agreement here, while there's nothing wrong with symmetry as a mapping tool, overusing it can lead to losing other important things like aesthetics/emphasis which was my main problem last time I checked this.
Topic Starter
hi-mei
well, yea. i just like saten maps and wanted to do something in that style

but what makes me sad is that, all these people who complaining now, were ignoring me since i started asking for help/advices.

and eventually all of them are posting here their thought, while they could help me to avoid considered issues awhile ago, cuz i had serious mindset about mapping and wanted to spend a lots of time in it.

thankk Doyak and Nao Tomori for helping me thru the past months.

i guess, thats it, i cant really go against like 3-4 people which are personally against me, even tho i could argue with each of the mentioned issue.

ya shiirn was right telling me that i shouldnt act like an ass and offend people randomly just because i liked that xd.
but yea, stjpa, see u on ur next qualification, will be fun XD
I Must Decrease

-himei wrote:

i guess, thats it, i cant really go against like 3-4 people which are personally against me, even tho i could argue with each of the mentioned
Do you think every person who came to this thread to comment about the lack of quality in your map has a personal vendetta against you? Please stop acting like you have a victim complex and realize that your map has large room for improvement and is not appropriate for ranking as it is now.

-himei wrote:

ibut yea, stjpa, see u on ur next qualification, will be fun XD
wew

Xexxar wrote:

Doyak
Hope you don't get depressed, and reply to the mods properly.

Actually what I thought is that this map can't be improved much more by fixing one by one, because this map is basically already structured by the symmetries, and trying to fix them would rather be likely to ruin it.

On a side note, I think at least having a symmetry structure is better than putting notes in random places, even if the map could not follow every single sounds of the music properly.
-kevincela-

-himei wrote:

This is a terrible, terrible way to address a post containing some (apparently) valid critiques, and only encourages witchhunting (and probably pointless post-qualify "mods"). I know you may be annoyed by all of this, but you should try to take a step back and avoid replying like this, because if you continue in this way you'll be likely to receive even less help by now: no one would like to have an argument with a closed-minded person who acts like this.
Seijiro
just pointing out I'm not against you, but against how the map turned out to be.

You're taking this way too personally imo

Doyak wrote:

On a side note, I think at least having a symmetry structure is better than putting notes in random places, even if the map could not follow every single sounds of the music properly.

Excuse me? 02:01:700 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -
Alright, I can understand that the final result is something like this but when I take the single objects combo by combo I can't see that giant "structure" at all. How am I supposed to remember all those beats?
Myxo
Cleaned up the spam and rude posts. Please behave yourself and contact me once everything calmed down.
OnosakiHito

-himei wrote:

SPOILER

CanadianBaka wrote:

ok might as well cast my opinions w

[Gloom]

in modern mapping it's not good to just copy paste ctrl + h everything, symmetry should be achieved by reoccurring patterns in the map, not bilateral symmetry. Although the aesthetics in this map are OK because of the fact you focus your map pretty much purely on symmetry it gets rid of a lot of other important concepts of it: Like flow, rhythm, and spacing.

00:01:700 (3) - why such a very noticeable and large spacing gap here? There's nothing to emphasize in the music
@ 00:01:700 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - its a copy of the same sounds. so no, thanks.
00:04:443 (3) - same problem, it occurs again because of your copy + paste technique, if you have one problem chances are it's going to occur again a few seconds later because of the lack of effort put into it
@ ^
00:05:815 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - woah! 6* and it's 5.7x spacing? You just jumped from 2.8x spacing to 5.7x spacing in a matter of seconds, also to top it off it's 1/4 seperated 1.1x apart, your making the player go right across the screen in a matter of seconds
@ ill reconsider this place on the last icon mod
00:22:957 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - these are insane, they are going right across the screen with really low SV? It's quite literally the highest spaced notes you can do, and with such a low SV it makes no sense. I like the idea of it, but it needs a really big nerf
@ it is well made rounded and logical pattern. no, thanks.
00:31:186 (1) - vocals get no emphasize? 00:32:557 (1) - same here? Raise SV for them please
@ all for the structure. so... no, thanks.
00:33:243 (1,2,3) - this honestly looks like a 1/2 pattern, not 1/4
@ no, thanks.
00:35:300 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - again those weird across the whole entire screen dear lord jesus's sliders
@ no, thanks.
00:57:929 (1,2) - really? This spacing is super awkward, make them larger apart and ctrl + g 00:57:929 (1) - this slider
@ no, thanks.
the part whole kiai is a bunch of copy paste, barely any effort put into it all, you literally made one pattern and copy + pasted it through the hole thing changes slight things like spacing.

02:13:957 - missing an obvious beat here
@ @ ill reconsider this place on the last icon mod
i'll stop here buteven in maps that are specifically made to be symmetrical, they are well thought out and well made, well this one... I feel not so much.

such a lack of effort. sorry.

and here's CanadianBaka trying to pop a bubble, when will he grow up.
Most of the issues were discussed in Nao's irc mod.
thanks for mod! will reconsider some things on the qualification!
While my fellow partner mentioned already that we do not tollerate such behaviour in our community, I would also like to add that this set is not going anywhere as long as mod posts from people are continued to be responded in this way. You must answer to peoples mod properly by providing actual reasons as in why you deny a suggestion. "no, thanks." Is not a proper answer.
Myxo
Unlocked.
Topic Starter
hi-mei
So, I'll be explaining things step-by-step right now, because as some people told me that theres still a hope left.
And since Stjpa cant veto this map anymore, therefore Nao Tomori cant bubble it, i'll be looking for someone else to push this forward.

Right, so lets start with this firstly:

OnosakiHito wrote:

While my fellow partner mentioned already that we do not tollerate such behaviour in our community, I would also like to add that this set is not going anywhere as long as mod posts from people are continued to be responded in this way. You must answer to peoples mod properly by providing actual reasons as in why you deny a suggestion. "no, thanks." Is not a proper answer.
The mentioned issues were clearly explained in pervious mod, so as Monstrata did to me once, and got away with that, I did the same.

Stjpa wrote:

before u start insulting: this is not a biased bubble pop, a lot of people (and by that i mean A LOT) agree that this map is far away from being ready for the ranked section
> Not biased
I would believe to that affirmation if it would came from anyone but you.
> A LOT
Means, you, sergio and xexxar? Oh, what a concidence.
[Gloom]
  1. 00:01:014 (1) - why not silencing the sliderend when it isnt on anything audible in the music
    @ okay, fixed, and the following copied places too
  2. 00:01:700 (3,4,5,1) - having multiple different cursor velocities in one direction plays really bad and i honestly dont see a reason to do that when u start a completely new pattern with different emphasis afterwards
    @ okay, changed it to more restrained pattern
  3. 00:02:043 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - the whole pattern looks aesthetically bad as every second circle (2,4,6 and 1,3,5) are really close to each other when u have so much more space to use. other than that the player gets the feeling that u are mapping to the weird noise in the background (mainly because of the triplet) so having a jump on 4 feels really counterintuitive as the sound fades there
    @ okay, changed the whole pattern, and the rest of them too
  4. 00:02:900 (6,1) - what exactly happened to the emphasis? 00:01:357 (2,3) - here you had a fairly big jump for the exact same sounds
    @ okay, changed the whole pattern, and the rest of them too
  5. 00:05:815 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - first of all i really doubt that both triplets need seperate NCs because the sounds they have are pretty much the same and NC barely gives any emphasis anyway. also the jump is way too huge and even linear, making the pattern uncomfortable as hell to play. symmetrical patterns are cool but only if used correctly, which isnt the case here in my opinion
    @ okay, changed the whole pattern
  6. 00:06:500 - would actually be cool if u would put some effort here instead of just copy pasting a whole section
  7. 00:08:900 (4,5) - exactly mapped and emphasized the same as the ones from the previous section even though they arent the same music-wise?
    @ i think they are the same O_O
  8. 00:11:300 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - i cant hear any 1/4s at all here and the sound they are mapped on dont really support a stream, let alone that its starting way too late because that sound is audible way earlier already. also worth to mention is that u might wanna give 00:11:643 (7) - some kind of emphasis because the noise is so loud that u shouldnt ignore it
    @ its a slight overmap, its like, cant even be considered as overmap. but its good for structure and plays nicely
  9. 00:11:986 - what bothers me about this whole section is that u are not doing anything beside copy paste ctrl j / h, which makes it super boring to play and even to look at and not emphasizing stuff properly as there are some different sounds on certain objects that deserve to get their own emphasis, especially since they are sounds u mapped objects to earlier. additionally the nc spam is not necessary as well, only emphasizing every third pattern looks fine and not so spammy like right now
    @ i disagree, the entire pattern looks nice and plays fuzzy, its good for the beginning of the map and shouldnt be over contructured that much, because the melody is easy and repetitive, and also i dont see anything unrankable here, actually, no one does.
  10. 00:16:615 (3,1) - why are u using an antijump that destroys the whole structure? i mean, u already used jumps 00:03:757 (1,1) - here that are basically the same sounds, actually even weaker to be exact
    @ why? because the melody getting more intensive, the patterns and the DS as well. so aslo it complements the whole structure that will be used in next sections.
  11. 00:17:128 (2,3,1) - im aware that theres a sound on that blue and red tick but honestly they are so quiet that u could just use extended slider again because it feels wrong the way its mapped atm and the transition from 2 to 3 looks really bad
    @ So its a 17 secs into 5 min song in, I pretty much can ignore some mediocre stuff cuz its only the BEGINNING of the song, and its allowed and also complements the structure.
  12. 00:19:872 (2,3,1) - they are less strong than 00:18:500 (2,3,1) - but u decided to emphasis them the same?
    @ yes
  13. 00:20:557 (2,3,1) - and then u dont have anything on the slider here which has a loud noisy sound...and generally not emphasizing anything afterwards properly in comparison to before; 00:20:900 (1,2,3,1) - sound it getting linearly louder but u still keep the same spacing
    @ its another sound line which i didnt even try to emphasize
  14. 00:21:929 (2,3,1) - and then all of a sudden u use jumps here when u used antijumps on strong sounds here 00:16:615 (3,1) -
    @ suddenly? its related to the previous "copy" with different angle, and also, since its relatively slow part and also the beginning of the song, its allowed.
  15. 00:28:100 (2,1,2) - almost looks like 1/4 patterns because they are so close to each other + u used 1/4 gaps to that in the beginning
    @ so, whats wrong with it? its simply allowed in the beggining, and also its a part of the whole section structure.
  16. 00:28:443 (1) - following ur scheme this one shouldnt be nc'd so the patterns here 00:28:786 - have their own ncs like 00:22:957 (1) . yes both sections are not the same, but it definitely feels better to seperate 00:28:443 (1) - from 00:28:786 (3) -
    @ okay, fixed
  17. 00:33:243 (1,2,3) - this pattern can be really problematic to read if u dont change 00:28:100 (2,1,2) -
    @ theres nothing wrong with it cuz its a different melody phrase and also, after like 30 testplays no one ever failed at this place.
  18. 00:34:957 (5,6) - similar issue as in the beginning, this shouldnt be less spaced than 00:36:329 (4,5) - because the second pattern is actually weakerand u dont use any kind of increasing difficulty progression in ur structure to justify it
    @ what? its is calculated to be in the middle between 00:34:615 (4,6) - them, and also same thing for 00:35:986 (3,5) -
  19. 00:43:529 (1,2) - is also much less aggressive than 00:38:043 (1,2) - so theres no reason to emphasize both the same and especially this much
    @ i honestly believe that its ok as it is, flows good, complements the structure
  20. 00:46:272 - it would be really cool if the spinner wouldnt be longer than 1 measure because there appears a new sound and having such a long spinner is so exhausting to play
    @ i understand, but you are actually wrong, that new sounds appears 00:45:243 - , which cant be emphasized in my case.
  21. 00:57:929 (1,2) - either im deaf or theres not even anything different in the song to use a completely different pattern
    @ it can be like this, 00:57:929 - and 00:58:015 - both has the sounds under them, so i dont really want to put a double there, which can confuse people.
  22. 01:02:043 (3,1) - overlap is actually visible ingame and u need to change this pattern as u never had overlaps before, thus not fitting to ur concept of th map
    @ okay, fixed
  23. 01:02:729 (1,2,3,4) - music-wise the pattern doesnt really make sense as the quiet noisy sounds are getting loider / noisier with every 1/1 but ur spacing just ruins it
    @ this pattern doesnt emphasize the increasing yet, the sound line switch you can witness in the next pattern.
  24. 01:04:786 (5,6,7,8) - the whole pattern itself would be fine as it is if the music wouldnt get more intense at this exact point, so increasing the spacing by the same amount as before is counterintuitive
  25. 01:06:843 (1,3) - 01:07:186 (2,4) - etc. its really noticable that the circle are really close
    @ so is there any problem with that? its not an overlap, its basically like.. just nothing wrong with that. you are not telling me whats wrong so i wont change it.
  26. 01:10:957 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - also ignored the music by just using a symmetrical pattern with the same spacing when the music has a higher pitch in the first one
    @ its not ignored, 01:10:957 (1,2) - has bigger distance than 01:11:129 (2,3) -
and honestly im gonna stop at this point because im modding for almost 90 minutes now and im only at about 20% of the map, would take me forever to point out all issues
@ well, if you would really want to clean this map, you could do that 6 months ago, or just pm me in any time u wanted to. but you are not doing that even now.

to summarize everything: u are ignoring the song and have wrong emphasis just for the sake of symmetry and also have a lot of patterns that look aesthetically bad because of the way u executed them
@ well yes, some parts arent emphasized that well, but my initial goal was to make a clean map. so theres nothing with my approach to focus more on the structure rather than the emphasis. this map is different.

if u dont plan on remapping the whole map as u have these issues literally everywhere im going to veto the map as its not ready for ranking in the slightest imo
@ well, you cant veto this map anymore unless i ask Nao Tomori to bubble it again, what im not planning to do.
Thanks for modding, applied some things.
Stjpa
i can veto it anyway, even if u dont ask nao to rebubble
Topic Starter
hi-mei

MrSergio wrote:

just pointing out I'm not against you, but against how the map turned out to be.

You're taking this way too personally imo

Doyak wrote:

Excuse me? 02:01:700 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -
Alright, I can understand that the final result is something like this but when I take the single objects combo by combo I can't see that giant "structure" at all. How am I supposed to remember all those beats?
Ok so, that part is the main "theme" of this soundtrack, which emphasizes the fight with the beast, which explaains why is that part felt that random, but the fights are always random, right? so yea, basically i tried to mix the structure and randomness there.
Topic Starter
hi-mei

-kevincela- wrote:

-himei wrote:

This is a terrible, terrible way to address a post containing some (apparently) valid critiques, and only encourages witchhunting (and probably pointless post-qualify "mods"). I know you may be annoyed by all of this, but you should try to take a step back and avoid replying like this, because if you continue in this way you'll be likely to receive even less help by now: no one would like to have an argument with a closed-minded person who acts like this.
well, its a reaction to his actions from the past. all this situation is expected by me and i knew what will happen when i got 2nd bubble.
Natsu
you can veto only one bubble.

@-Himei there are multiple ways to keep the symmetry and fit the song properly as I explained you before :l, I can do a rhythm mod if you want, but only if you are willing to apply stuff.

Send me a forum pm if you are interested!
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Natsu wrote:

you can veto only one bubble.

@-Himei there are multiple ways to keep the symmetry and fit the song properly as I explained you before :l, I can do a rhythm mod if you want, but only if you are willing to apply stuff.

Send me a forum pm if you are interested!
my boy natsu
sure thing <3
Topic Starter
hi-mei
MrSergio's irc mod
2017-02-06 18:39 -himei: cant we better talk here to understand each other
2017-02-06 18:39 -himei: if you basically dont like that concept i can go with that
2017-02-06 18:39 -himei: but if you ratheer want yo make that map better, i would rather talk here
2017-02-06 18:39 MrSergio: style and concept are fine, execution is not as I would expect for a ranked map
2017-02-06 18:40 MrSergio: give me some time to finish an irc mod with someone and I can give you pointers on that
2017-02-06 18:40 -himei: i applied like 30% of stjpa mod, but the rest is like "why didnt u map that sound, why is spacing here is THAT, etc" so his mod is more lika, his disagreement with my way of thinking
2017-02-06 18:41 -himei: its like a blaket fixing, and i honestly got dissapointed by him
2017-02-06 19:08 -himei: bump
2017-02-06 19:08 MrSergio: ik
2017-02-06 19:08 MrSergio: idk if tomori has anything to say
2017-02-06 19:09 -himei: tomori wont bubble it again so like
2017-02-06 19:09 MrSergio: that's why I don't want to do irc mods
2017-02-06 19:09 -himei: does it matter
2017-02-06 19:09 -himei: he is not involved anymore
2017-02-06 19:09 MrSergio: no, he is the one modding my diff right now, that's what I meant lol
2017-02-06 19:09 -himei: pj
2017-02-06 19:09 MrSergio: the irc mod was with him
2017-02-06 19:09 -himei: oh
2017-02-06 19:09 MrSergio: on my GD
2017-02-06 19:09 -himei: okay tell me then when u will get free xd
2017-02-06 19:12 MrSergio: well, it seems like he's not even replying to my HL, lmao
2017-02-06 19:12 MrSergio: whatever then
2017-02-06 19:12 -himei: hes afk
2017-02-06 19:12 MrSergio: =w=
2017-02-06 19:13 MrSergio: ok then, let's take 00:54:500 - as a reference point
2017-02-06 19:14 -himei: yea
2017-02-06 19:14 MrSergio: what I noticed is that the spacing "before" that point and the spacing "after" that point are way too similar, although the first minute is like an intro
2017-02-06 19:14 MrSergio: I felt like that intro needed less spacing since the song is less intense
2017-02-06 19:14 -himei: i agree
2017-02-06 19:14 MrSergio: take 01:07:529 (3,4,5,6) - and take 00:04:786 (1,2) -
2017-02-06 19:14 -himei: i used some elements from pervious part in the second part
2017-02-06 19:15 although not really the **same**, they are really similar
2017-02-06 19:15 MrSergio: and I;m referring to spacing mostly
2017-02-06 19:15 -himei: wait but
2017-02-06 19:15 -himei: the specing is like 1.7
2017-02-06 19:15 -himei: in comparison
2017-02-06 19:15 -himei: isnt it?
2017-02-06 19:15 -himei: and also its a different movement
2017-02-06 19:16 -himei: different musclues involved and it feels different
2017-02-06 19:16 -himei: while u playing it
2017-02-06 19:16 MrSergio: umh.. i didn' check the values lol
2017-02-06 19:16 MrSergio: I just looked at t he playfield and I had that impression
2017-02-06 19:16 -himei: [http://puu.sh/tR9Zu/cd5d7c8035.jpg first] vs [http://puu.sh/tRa0p/205fcfa226.jpg second]
2017-02-06 19:17 MrSergio: on the same note as before: 01:39:757 - this part has a too big SV imo
2017-02-06 19:17 -himei: well theres like 1.5x or something
2017-02-06 19:17 MrSergio: umh...
2017-02-06 19:17 MrSergio: idk, even in gameplay it felt smilar...
2017-02-06 19:17 -himei: wait but the rhythm changes
2017-02-06 19:17 -himei: sergio i changed the patterns today btw
2017-02-06 19:17 -himei: after stjpa mod
2017-02-06 19:17 MrSergio: o.O
2017-02-06 19:18 MrSergio: ah, fuck
2017-02-06 19:18 MrSergio: ok, updated
2017-02-06 19:19 -himei: so regarding this part
2017-02-06 19:19 -himei: 01:40:037 -
2017-02-06 19:19 MrSergio: yeah, the pattern is better now although aesthetics are stil not so good
2017-02-06 19:19 -himei: wait, what do you mean by aesthetics there? all the notes are stacked under each other
2017-02-06 19:19 -himei: in the whole first section
2017-02-06 19:20 -himei: till the rounded section
2017-02-06 19:20 -himei: angles are fine cuz its mostly 40~60*
2017-02-06 19:20 -himei: as pishi recomended for good flow
2017-02-06 19:20 -himei: so i mainly was directed by him and sonnyc
2017-02-06 19:20 -himei: and doyak while making this
2017-02-06 19:21 -himei: 01:40:037 - this part has different rhythm
2017-02-06 19:21 MrSergio: 00:08:386 (6,1,2,3,4) - 00:02:900 (6,1,2,3,4) -
2017-02-06 19:21 MrSergio: and the part about SVs
2017-02-06 19:21 MrSergio: it's due to the contrast with 00:28:786 (1,2,3) - stuff like this
2017-02-06 19:21 MrSergio: which has a shorter SV even if it's more intense, relatively
2017-02-06 19:22 MrSergio: what you did in this map was merging like.. 3 different styles
2017-02-06 19:22 -himei: hmm
2017-02-06 19:22 -himei: well its kinda a gimmick thing
2017-02-06 19:23 -himei: i tried to make a completed pattern that plays good
2017-02-06 19:23 -himei: and also complements the symmetry
2017-02-06 19:23 MrSergio: 00:01:014 - symmetry stuff; 00:28:786 - gangsta-like style (like how Blue Dragon maps); 01:39:757 - and this feels like the usual animu style, with those curved sliders
2017-02-06 19:23 -himei: and the sound
2017-02-06 19:23 -himei: lol there will be even more
2017-02-06 19:23 -himei: like grumd style in the seond part
2017-02-06 19:24 -himei: in the technical part*
2017-02-06 19:24 MrSergio: well, it's like the whole map doesn't respect the same set of rules I guess
2017-02-06 19:24 -himei: hm
2017-02-06 19:24 -himei: yea i agree
2017-02-06 19:24 MrSergio: also, stuff like 02:01:700 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - feels random no matter what
2017-02-06 19:24 -himei: but like, i mainly followed the melody
2017-02-06 19:24 MrSergio: and not because it IS, but because the player can't keep track of all those beats
2017-02-06 19:24 -himei: did u read my comment on this?
2017-02-06 19:25 MrSergio: ah, nope
2017-02-06 19:25 -himei: p/5801477+
2017-02-06 19:25 -himei: p/5801477
2017-02-06 19:25 MrSergio: umh, I see
2017-02-06 19:26 -himei: well honestly
2017-02-06 19:26 MrSergio: but I believe that with so few beats you can't really make that idea come across
2017-02-06 19:26 -himei: i have no idea how to map that section with local symmetry
2017-02-06 19:26 MrSergio: and random tings are random anyway xD
2017-02-06 19:26 -himei: like there no way of emphasizing 16 pairs of sound with different volume
2017-02-06 19:26 -himei: in the way of symmetry cuz
2017-02-06 19:26 MrSergio: well, that's what the mapper should study and try to emphasize tho
2017-02-06 19:27 -himei: they cant be divided on 2 or 4
2017-02-06 19:27 MrSergio: as a modder I have to base my reasonings on what I see
2017-02-06 19:27 -himei: or 8
2017-02-06 19:27 -himei: as u can hear
2017-02-06 19:27 MrSergio: then, let's take just 02:01:015 (7,1,2) -
2017-02-06 19:27 MrSergio: do you know what happens to emphasis there?
2017-02-06 19:27 -himei: no
2017-02-06 19:28 -himei: idk :D
2017-02-06 19:28 -himei: it getting fucked?
2017-02-06 19:28 -himei: i guess
2017-02-06 19:28 MrSergio: the angle on 1 is too wide considered how much emphasis that note has in the song
2017-02-06 19:28 MrSergio: so emphasis on it is weak
2017-02-06 19:28 MrSergio: try a ctrl g on 1,2
2017-02-06 19:28 -himei: okay
2017-02-06 19:29 MrSergio: although spacing is still short and the difference is tiny
2017-02-06 19:29 -himei: between what?
2017-02-06 19:29 MrSergio: 02:01:015 (7,1) -
2017-02-06 19:29 MrSergio: before and after
2017-02-06 19:30 -himei: yea i see but like
2017-02-06 19:30 MrSergio: the difference is tiny, so even with a ctrl G the difference is not so noticeable probably
2017-02-06 19:30 -himei: its acceptable isnt it
2017-02-06 19:30 MrSergio: objectively, yes
2017-02-06 19:30 MrSergio: but we don't have a bot ranking stuff :P
2017-02-06 19:30 -himei: :(
2017-02-06 19:30 MrSergio: well, there's a reason why we have people checking maps and not programs
2017-02-06 19:31 MrSergio: 02:15:415 (1,2,3) - stuff like this has poor emphasis again, due to the wide angle on 2
2017-02-06 19:31 MrSergio: a stack betweren 2,3 or a sharp angle would have worked better
2017-02-06 19:32 -himei: yes i had to keep that little square
2017-02-06 19:32 -himei: cuz of the previous section
2017-02-06 19:32 -himei: ;w;
2017-02-06 19:32 MrSergio: 02:19:529 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this part is like... the best pattern using symmetry you made so far probably
2017-02-06 19:32 MrSergio: that's really good
2017-02-06 19:33 -himei: wait
2017-02-06 19:33 MrSergio: you see... you focused to much on keeping that boxy-oldish feel and you ignored other aspects of the map, like emphasis or aesthetics in some parts
2017-02-06 19:33 -himei: 02:15:415 (1,2,3) -
2017-02-06 19:33 -himei: if i like move the doubles to the center?
2017-02-06 19:33 -himei: in this section
2017-02-06 19:33 MrSergio: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7253824 >
2017-02-06 19:33 MrSergio: ?
2017-02-06 19:34 -himei: yes
2017-02-06 19:34 MrSergio: the problem is with all the other patterns then
2017-02-06 19:34 MrSergio: they should be similar
2017-02-06 19:34 MrSergio: 02:16:443 (2,3) -
2017-02-06 19:34 MrSergio: btw, that ^ and 02:16:443 (2,3) - are inconsistent too, aestheticcs-wise
2017-02-06 19:35 -himei: u are messed up with links
2017-02-06 19:35 MrSergio: fuck
2017-02-06 19:35 MrSergio: 02:17:815 (2,3) - this is the second one
2017-02-06 19:36 -himei: hm
2017-02-06 19:36 -himei: hmmm
2017-02-06 19:36 -himei: i think like
2017-02-06 19:36 -himei: the melody is kinda calm and consistent there
2017-02-06 19:36 -himei: and there shouldnt be much of the sharpy angles
2017-02-06 19:37 MrSergio: in the song, it is
2017-02-06 19:37 -himei: i can see the flaws as u mentioned
2017-02-06 19:37 -himei: but its kinda... hm well when i was mapping this
2017-02-06 19:37 MrSergio: yeah, but small details do a lot xD
2017-02-06 19:37 -himei: i thought about it too
2017-02-06 19:37 -himei: and theres no way of emphasizing that shit without breaking some of the rules i set before
2017-02-06 19:38 -himei: thats what getting on my nerves in that place
2017-02-06 19:38 MrSergio: well, that's where planning (aka structure) comes in play
2017-02-06 19:38 -himei: i can show that
2017-02-06 19:38 MrSergio: you should have planned ahead that sort of stuff and re-organize the whole style basing it on that
2017-02-06 19:39 -himei: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7253888 well i fked up with sliders but
2017-02-06 19:39 MrSergio: when I start a map I know what sort of shit will be coming in a minute of song or so, that's why I plan ahead that stuff and change my intro in a way that fits with the later parts
2017-02-06 19:39 -himei: as u can see im trying to keep that square styled stuff
2017-02-06 19:39 MrSergio: yeah, but using always the same spots to place objects means a lot less possibilities for your patterns
2017-02-06 19:39 -himei: yes
2017-02-06 19:40 MrSergio: and that's probably the reason
2017-02-06 19:40 -himei: but its probably the issue of the current section of the song and the concept
2017-02-06 19:40 -himei: of pervious parts
2017-02-06 19:40 -himei: isnt it?
2017-02-06 19:40 MrSergio: yes
2017-02-06 19:40 -himei: so i kinda trapped myself
2017-02-06 19:40 -himei: ;w;
2017-02-06 19:40 MrSergio: 02:42:843 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - was this here before?
2017-02-06 19:40 MrSergio: yes, you did
2017-02-06 19:40 -himei: yes it was
2017-02-06 19:41 MrSergio: that's why I always tell people to plan ahead stuff :/
2017-02-06 19:41 MrSergio: uhhh, I missed that then
2017-02-06 19:41 MrSergio: that's cool
2017-02-06 19:41 MrSergio: and that's how you use symmetry but without trapping yourself
2017-02-06 19:41 MrSergio: well, it's just triangles there I gues
2017-02-06 19:41 MrSergio: but the visual impact is still the one of something symmetric
2017-02-06 19:42 MrSergio: another small detail you should consider: take 02:44:900 (1,2,3,4) -
2017-02-06 19:42 -himei: yea
2017-02-06 19:42 MrSergio: and compare it with 02:44:215 (1,1) - and with 02:45:586 (1,2,3,4) - , in the music
2017-02-06 19:42 MrSergio: and see which is the most intense
2017-02-06 19:42 MrSergio: (ignore your current patterns, just listen to the song)
2017-02-06 19:43 -himei: the vertical jumps are less intense
2017-02-06 19:43 MrSergio: the key point is on 02:45:586 -
2017-02-06 19:43 MrSergio: yes
2017-02-06 19:43 -himei: but i mapped them in response to previous section
2017-02-06 19:43 -himei: with similar sliders
2017-02-06 19:43 MrSergio: in that point a lot of instruments burst out and the song's intensity increases
2017-02-06 19:43 MrSergio: yes, but they should still respect the current song's intensity imo
2017-02-06 19:43 -himei: its another trap dude
2017-02-06 19:43 -himei: ;w;
2017-02-06 19:43 MrSergio: lol
2017-02-06 19:44 -himei: well when i was finishing this map
2017-02-06 19:44 -himei: i was always thinking about how to not fuck up something i already designed
2017-02-06 19:44 -himei: because it shud be similar
2017-02-06 19:44 -himei: so that why the second part of this map is kinda
2017-02-06 19:44 -himei: hmm
2017-02-06 19:44 MrSergio: there shouldn't be a worry tho :/
2017-02-06 19:44 MrSergio: I mean, if you plan ahead the stuff you just start mapping and care only about of couple of patterns at a time
2017-02-06 19:44 -himei: feels like a cage
2017-02-06 19:45 -himei: how do u plan tho?
2017-02-06 19:45 MrSergio: it is fine to struggle with making 2-3 patterns match together
2017-02-06 19:45 -himei: theres like a music patterns and osu patterns
2017-02-06 19:45 MrSergio: I listen to teh song and I throw ideas into a notepad
2017-02-06 19:45 -himei: and u glue them to each other
2017-02-06 19:45 MrSergio: I also get a feeling of what spacing average I need for different parts
2017-02-06 19:45 MrSergio: if you set down bookmarks to distinguish the different sections it will be ewasier
2017-02-06 19:46 MrSergio: you can use whatever comes handy for you to plan better, idk
2017-02-06 19:46 -himei: i know, but its not the case here, cuz everything should be mirrored
2017-02-06 19:46 -himei: so its like
2017-02-06 19:46 -himei: x^2 in terms of difficulty of mapping
2017-02-06 19:46 MrSergio: you can even draw patterns on a piece of paper or make a mock diff where you throw pattern ieas
2017-02-06 19:46 MrSergio: patterns in it*
2017-02-06 19:47 MrSergio: for example: you start planing the patterns on the first section, they are cool
2017-02-06 19:47 MrSergio: you do the same for the second section and they somehow match, so they are fine
2017-02-06 19:47 MrSergio: once you do the third section something strange occurs
2017-02-06 19:47 MrSergio: you need to change something, maybe
2017-02-06 19:47 MrSergio: in that case you need to take that strange part and try to put it also in the other two
2017-02-06 19:48 -himei: well i guess its not about current project
2017-02-06 19:48 -himei: because i had different intentions back then
2017-02-06 19:48 MrSergio: now... this is really vague, but I can't explain it in specific since every person will come up with different solutions on different songs
2017-02-06 19:48 -himei: and i wanted to make this map clean
2017-02-06 19:48 -himei: like, proper angles, nice rhythm, no overlaps or something that can be read bad
2017-02-06 19:49 MrSergio: overlaps can be clean tho
2017-02-06 19:49 MrSergio: I ranked a mapset with them just recently
2017-02-06 19:49 -himei: so yea i decreased the ds there in that jumps
2017-02-06 19:49 MrSergio: having something clean is not a matter of "what" you use, but a matter of "how " you use them
2017-02-06 19:49 -himei: oh wait
2017-02-06 19:50 -himei: yes i know but
2017-02-06 19:50 -himei: yea btw
2017-02-06 19:50 MrSergio: so even overlaps can be clean if used in a certain way
2017-02-06 19:50 -himei: 02:43:872 (7,3) -
2017-02-06 19:50 MrSergio: (it was just a side note)
2017-02-06 19:50 -himei: they are mirrored copies
2017-02-06 19:50 -himei: i cant move that shit
2017-02-06 19:50 MrSergio: yes
2017-02-06 19:50 MrSergio: I don't want that to be moved at all o.o
2017-02-06 19:50 -himei: :D
2017-02-06 19:50 MrSergio: that's good as it is
2017-02-06 19:50 -himei: wait but
2017-02-06 19:51 -himei: 02:46:100 (3,4) - shud i increase this?
2017-02-06 19:51 -himei: then
2017-02-06 19:51 MrSergio: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7253995
2017-02-06 19:51 MrSergio: if you do that the next jumps will feel "bigger than they were before" so it is fine
2017-02-06 19:52 -himei: yes
2017-02-06 19:52 MrSergio: it's a matter of "building mental responses": if you want to emphasize a particular jump you need to place less spacing on the jump before the jump
2017-02-06 19:52 -himei: hm
2017-02-06 19:52 MrSergio: if you want a section to feel more intense you have to make the previous section feel less intense in comparison
2017-02-06 19:52 MrSergio: and so on
2017-02-06 19:52 -himei: wait but
2017-02-06 19:52 MrSergio: it's a matter of "contrast"
2017-02-06 19:52 -himei: lol i cant afford that
2017-02-06 19:52 -himei: because like
2017-02-06 19:53 -himei: its a unique section with long jumps
2017-02-06 19:53 MrSergio: it's a matter of how our brains perceive that, and contrast is the most powerful weapon to achieve that
2017-02-06 19:53 -himei: and then its another section with BOOM intro
2017-02-06 19:53 -himei: there couldnt be any contrast in DS unless i change the
2017-02-06 19:53 -himei: direction...
2017-02-06 19:53 -himei: oh shit
2017-02-06 19:53 -himei: yea ill do that
2017-02-06 19:53 -himei: i didnt think about it
2017-02-06 19:54 MrSergio: what I did in that screen was: I hear a "boom" at 02:45:586 - and I want to emphasize that, but how do I do that? The spacing is what it is, so I can't increase it infinitily. That's why I used less spacing for 02:44:900 (1,2,3,4) -
2017-02-06 19:54 MrSergio: so when the BOOM comes it will have more effect due to the contrast with the small spacing for 02:44:900 (1,2,3,4) -
2017-02-06 19:55 MrSergio: let me make an abstract example
2017-02-06 19:55 -himei: stop dude calm down
2017-02-06 19:55 -himei: i undestand
2017-02-06 19:55 MrSergio: can you understand what "cold" means" if you don't know what "hot" means? xD
2017-02-06 19:55 MrSergio: ah, rip
2017-02-06 19:55 -himei: so 02:46:100 (3,4) - this and 01:06:157 (1,2,3,4) - shud be similar
2017-02-06 19:55 MrSergio: anyway, that's how it works for song expression
2017-02-06 19:55 -himei: and also 04:12:672 (1,2,3,4) - this
2017-02-06 19:56 MrSergio: yes
2017-02-06 19:56 -himei: so i cant
2017-02-06 19:56 -himei: afford to change it
2017-02-06 19:56 MrSergio: and this is part of that planning I mentioned earlier
2017-02-06 19:56 -himei: ;w;
2017-02-06 19:56 MrSergio: since they are all the same you already know what to do
2017-02-06 19:56 MrSergio: you just need one pattern and you mapped 3 parts
2017-02-06 19:56 MrSergio: handy, isn't it?
2017-02-06 19:56 MrSergio: and it just needed some more thought of how the song played around those parts
2017-02-06 19:56 -himei: ok so 02:45:586 - what do i do here
2017-02-06 19:56 -himei: i cant make the ds smaller in prev jumps
2017-02-06 19:57 MrSergio: umh...
2017-02-06 19:57 MrSergio: take the white ticks
2017-02-06 19:57 MrSergio: 02:45:929 - 02:46:272 - 02:46:615 -
2017-02-06 19:57 MrSergio: now... which is/are the most important for you?
2017-02-06 19:57 -himei: 02:45:929 - this one obviouslyu
2017-02-06 19:57 MrSergio: I see
2017-02-06 19:58 MrSergio: well, I would have personally thought that 02:46:272 - 02:46:615 - where more important since 02:46:100 (3,5) - these guys sort of "accelerate" the rhythm
2017-02-06 19:58 MrSergio: but that's due of how the pattern works
2017-02-06 19:58 MrSergio: if you want to emphasize 02:45:929 - you then need to make 02:46:100 (3,4,5,6) - less important
2017-02-06 19:58 -himei: alright
2017-02-06 19:58 -himei: will do
2017-02-06 19:59 -himei: oh shit
2017-02-06 19:59 -himei: sliders are stacked
2017-02-06 19:59 -himei: aAAAAAAAAAA
2017-02-06 19:59 -himei: with another sliders
2017-02-06 19:59 MrSergio: how you do it is personal preference tho, so I can't really help after that
2017-02-06 19:59 -himei: 02:46:100 (3) - press ctrl+h, j
2017-02-06 19:59 -himei: and see
2017-02-06 20:00 -himei: damn
2017-02-06 20:00 -himei: 02:45:243 (3,4) - and this also
2017-02-06 20:00 MrSergio: wait... is that... important? .-.
2017-02-06 20:00 MrSergio: those references aren't visible in gameplay imo
2017-02-06 20:00 -himei: hm
2017-02-06 20:00 MrSergio: you meant [http://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/0UhfKw4F.png this], right?
2017-02-06 20:00 MrSergio: the ctrl h,j
2017-02-06 20:00 -himei: ok tell me is that important to change that place?
2017-02-06 20:00 -himei: yes
2017-02-06 20:01 MrSergio: come on, how can you imagine that in gameplay? xD
2017-02-06 20:01 -himei: 02:46:100 (3,1) -
2017-02-06 20:01 -himei: this
2017-02-06 20:01 -himei: 02:46:443 (5,8) -
2017-02-06 20:01 MrSergio: himei, you should tell me that: what do you think is more important?
2017-02-06 20:01 -himei: oh dude
2017-02-06 20:01 -himei: hm
2017-02-06 20:01 -himei: ok i understand
2017-02-06 20:01 -himei: emphasis > strcture
2017-02-06 20:02 -himei: ?
2017-02-06 20:02 MrSergio: I understand you wanted that symmetry-like feeling, but trust me that the screen I gave you above is something no one will think about
2017-02-06 20:02 MrSergio: nope, they are equal :P
2017-02-06 20:02 MrSergio: you should use emphasis to build structure
2017-02-06 20:02 MrSergio: so you first decide which jumps should be important, then based on that you build the pattern
2017-02-06 20:03 MrSergio: deciding which jumps are miportant is the same as deciding which notes in the song are important
2017-02-06 20:03 MrSergio: see how everything connects?
2017-02-06 20:03 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:03 MrSergio: so you decide on rhythm > emphasis > Structure > aesthetics
2017-02-06 20:03 -himei: for now im trapped in my math-wise map
2017-02-06 20:03 MrSergio: in that order
2017-02-06 20:03 -himei: where everything is connected
2017-02-06 20:03 -himei: somehow
2017-02-06 20:03 MrSergio: well, why not breaking that then?
2017-02-06 20:04 -himei: well cuz its kinda perfect
2017-02-06 20:04 -himei: lol
2017-02-06 20:04 MrSergio: no one is forcing you to to begin with
2017-02-06 20:04 MrSergio: if some patterns don't come out because of that I don't think you should keep it as a concept
2017-02-06 20:04 MrSergio: for example, now that I know your reasoning I understand how the intro was made and it makes sense
2017-02-06 20:05 MrSergio: the problem is that you then ignored a bit how the player will play that and how it will feel (which is part of structure and aeshtetics)
2017-02-06 20:05 MrSergio: later on in the map you also start having problems on rhythm and emphasis, always because of that math-like sty;e
2017-02-06 20:05 MrSergio: so as you can see... it doesn't work so great :/
2017-02-06 20:06 MrSergio: I mean... you "could" make it work
2017-02-06 20:06 MrSergio: but you need to test a lot of different patterns/flows and see how they are altogether
2017-02-06 20:06 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:06 MrSergio: (which is what I do on every map because I want to make it differently than the map I did previously)
2017-02-06 20:07 -himei: most of people are happy with the first part, but technical part is kinda hard
2017-02-06 20:07 MrSergio: actually, the fact you had a concept for the whole map is a really positive thing
2017-02-06 20:07 -himei: so now i see why
2017-02-06 20:07 MrSergio: actually, please keep mapping and try to refine that, because nowadays we have too few mappers that do that
2017-02-06 20:08 -himei: no more symmetry maps dude
2017-02-06 20:08 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:08 MrSergio: I honestly believe that if you tried to map this song with a different sort of concept (or maybe the same, but with better analysis of the song) it will come out way better
2017-02-06 20:08 -himei: i got more crazy ideas in my new map but its not symmetrical
2017-02-06 20:08 MrSergio: and I mean, a lot better
2017-02-06 20:08 MrSergio: then who cares about symmetry xD
2017-02-06 20:08 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:09 -himei: i guess its my type of personality, too pendantic and things
2017-02-06 20:09 -himei: at*
2017-02-06 20:09 -himei: so ok i can tell u that i cant really change that place 02:46:015 -
2017-02-06 20:09 -himei: honestly it would ruin all shit
2017-02-06 20:09 MrSergio: yeah, it probably would
2017-02-06 20:09 -himei: every note has 3 stacks at least
2017-02-06 20:10 -himei: even 4 in future
2017-02-06 20:10 MrSergio: but those stacks are sort of indeirect anyway
2017-02-06 20:10 -himei: yea
2017-02-06 20:10 MrSergio: I'd honestly wouldn't think to imagine flipping so much a single object to find a stack in gameplat
2017-02-06 20:10 MrSergio: y
2017-02-06 20:10 MrSergio: holy typos
2017-02-06 20:10 -himei: so lets move on
2017-02-06 20:11 MrSergio: as I said, having a concept is perfect, but see how that turns out for the player: can he notice it?
2017-02-06 20:11 -himei: no but pishi said like
2017-02-06 20:11 MrSergio: if I don't notice it it would feel random, right?
2017-02-06 20:11 -himei: map is firstly judged in editor
2017-02-06 20:11 -himei: so it shud be perfect
2017-02-06 20:11 -himei: and also sonny and doyak kinda
2017-02-06 20:11 -himei: had influence on me with that
2017-02-06 20:11 MrSergio: ok... but... I wouldn't think of flipping those objects no matter what xD
2017-02-06 20:11 -himei: logic stuff
2017-02-06 20:11 MrSergio: logic stuff is what I like too, trust me
2017-02-06 20:12 MrSergio: but it needs to be more direct
2017-02-06 20:12 -himei: now i can see that after all i got missleaded from the first mod i got
2017-02-06 20:12 -himei: that happened 6 months ago
2017-02-06 20:12 -himei: but well i cant really change my vision of mapping now
2017-02-06 20:12 MrSergio: you don't need to
2017-02-06 20:12 MrSergio: but you need to refine it tho
2017-02-06 20:13 -himei: yea i progressed somehow
2017-02-06 20:13 MrSergio: and it all comes down to whether something is easy to understand and makes sense or not
2017-02-06 20:13 MrSergio: so for starters, don't use all those flippings as reasons, because they are not visible xD
2017-02-06 20:13 MrSergio: I wonder how many would think of flipping stuff
2017-02-06 20:13 -himei: i just dont want to change this map anymore cuz i spent too much on it and its kinda perfect editor-wise
2017-02-06 20:13 -himei: xd
2017-02-06 20:14 MrSergio: and if they do flip it, in actual gameplay they are not that flipped so it doesn't have much to do with the current pattern, isn't it?
2017-02-06 20:14 -himei: yes
2017-02-06 20:14 MrSergio: well.. the editor is not the only thing that matters x)
2017-02-06 20:15 -himei: is it all the places u wanted to pinpoint out?
2017-02-06 20:15 -himei: i guess theres more
2017-02-06 20:15 MrSergio: if you can make those sort of links between objects without the need to move them too much (like flipping) you'd be able to make much more interesting maps
2017-02-06 20:15 MrSergio: since the player, and the modder, would be able to see your intentions right away
2017-02-06 20:15 -himei: yea trust me i wont try this style anymore
2017-02-06 20:15 MrSergio: yesh, there probably is
2017-02-06 20:16 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:16 -himei: overlaps
2017-02-06 20:16 -himei: oh nvm
2017-02-06 20:16 -himei: i had one in the entire map
2017-02-06 20:16 -himei: but i fixed that today
2017-02-06 20:16 -himei: he had the proper step by X
2017-02-06 20:16 MrSergio: for example, some minor stuff: 03:01:528 (7,8,9) - how you suddenly break that continuous horizontal movement feels a bit too forced (03:01:015 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - horixontal movements)
2017-02-06 20:17 MrSergio: try stacking 8 on top of 9
2017-02-06 20:17 -himei: yea good idea
2017-02-06 20:17 MrSergio: I originally had planned to mod this myself when popping the bubble, but Stjpa did it before me so rip
2017-02-06 20:17 MrSergio: idk what he mentioned in it tho
2017-02-06 20:17 -himei: 00:11:300 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - well i think
2017-02-06 20:17 MrSergio: or how
2017-02-06 20:17 -himei: it started from this place
2017-02-06 20:18 -himei: so let me explain
2017-02-06 20:18 MrSergio: ah, that
2017-02-06 20:18 -himei: oh shit its fucked now, i got to recalculate this
2017-02-06 20:18 -himei: so bacially i had the (3) circle
2017-02-06 20:18 MrSergio: I hear more the distorted sound there, and not the stream
2017-02-06 20:18 -himei: and the slider 00:11:986 (1) -
2017-02-06 20:18 -himei: and i had to put there like
2017-02-06 20:18 MrSergio: a strange, long slider would have been cooler imo
2017-02-06 20:19 -himei: 00:11:386 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - this sound with proper step by x y
2017-02-06 20:19 -himei: and i didnt know how to do that
2017-02-06 20:19 -himei: so i started fucking with calculator and eventually figured out how to calculate each of the circle
2017-02-06 20:19 -himei: so it was the inicial point
2017-02-06 20:19 -himei: of this map
2017-02-06 20:19 -himei: of concept of it*
2017-02-06 20:19 MrSergio: [https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7254256 dumb stuff]
2017-02-06 20:20 MrSergio: holy
2017-02-06 20:20 MrSergio: you went too far with calculations, trust me xD
2017-02-06 20:20 MrSergio: small pixels won't make a big difference in actual gameplay
2017-02-06 20:20 -himei: yea but how to make a linear stream
2017-02-06 20:20 -himei: with the first and the last point
2017-02-06 20:20 -himei: but u dont know the "step"
2017-02-06 20:21 MrSergio: ah, right
2017-02-06 20:21 -himei: u got to divide the coordinates by 2
2017-02-06 20:21 MrSergio: you were forcing yourself within those coordinates
2017-02-06 20:21 -himei: and then u divide them again
2017-02-06 20:21 MrSergio: and you see... you shouldn't :/
2017-02-06 20:21 -himei: till u find the proper positions
2017-02-06 20:21 MrSergio: it lets you less space for creativity
2017-02-06 20:21 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:21 MrSergio: I mean, were those 2 coordinates the only available solutions?
2017-02-06 20:21 -himei: hmm well
2017-02-06 20:22 MrSergio: it could have been a lot of different things imo
2017-02-06 20:22 -himei: i had the rounded pattern
2017-02-06 20:22 MrSergio: like the stupid slider I did above, for example
2017-02-06 20:22 -himei: and also had the position of 00:11:300 (3) - which was stacked with 00:08:386 (6) - this a believe
2017-02-06 20:22 MrSergio: (it follows pretty well the distorted sound tho)
2017-02-06 20:22 MrSergio: heh...
2017-02-06 20:22 MrSergio: how many would notice that in your opinion? xD
2017-02-06 20:22 -himei: nobody
2017-02-06 20:22 -himei: i mapped it for myslef to like
2017-02-06 20:23 MrSergio: heh...
2017-02-06 20:23 -himei: be confident that its good
2017-02-06 20:23 -himei: well back then i was affected by
2017-02-06 20:23 -himei: ocd
2017-02-06 20:23 -himei: if u know what it is
2017-02-06 20:23 -himei: so yea
2017-02-06 20:23 MrSergio: the thing is: if 2 objects are too far apart they won't be linked together anymore
2017-02-06 20:23 MrSergio: by anything
2017-02-06 20:23 MrSergio: and by far apart I mean on the timeline
2017-02-06 20:23 -himei: well i wanted to make a stream so
2017-02-06 20:24 MrSergio: AR plays a role in here, since based on that you'll have more stuff on the screen or not
2017-02-06 20:24 MrSergio: but that's minor, who cares about it now
2017-02-06 20:24 MrSergio: 00:11:300 - is 3 seconds apart from 00:08:386 -
2017-02-06 20:24 -himei: i got to remap that stream, its out of place now
2017-02-06 20:24 -himei: holy s
2017-02-06 20:25 MrSergio: if I measure it with "beats", it is 9 beats and a half apart
2017-02-06 20:25 MrSergio: beat + from one white tick to the next
2017-02-06 20:25 = *
2017-02-06 20:25 MrSergio: if something is already 2 beats apart from something else it won't be linked to it imo
2017-02-06 20:25 -himei: i mean dude i understand that its kinda a psycho disease when u realized how much of effort i brought in this map
2017-02-06 20:25 -himei: but well
2017-02-06 20:26 -himei: its kinda w/e for me now xd
2017-02-06 20:26 -himei: wait
2017-02-06 20:26 -himei: wait
2017-02-06 20:26 -himei: which place u are talking about
2017-02-06 20:26 -himei: that stream?
2017-02-06 20:26 MrSergio: umh...
2017-02-06 20:26 MrSergio: 00:11:300 -
2017-02-06 20:26 MrSergio: yeah, the stream
2017-02-06 20:27 -himei: so ure saying that 00:11:300 (3,1) - can not be connected?
2017-02-06 20:27 MrSergio: you said that the stream and 00:08:386 (6) - were linked
2017-02-06 20:27 MrSergio: nonono
2017-02-06 20:27 MrSergio: http://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/jEw8OPiV.png
2017-02-06 20:27 -himei: dude
2017-02-06 20:27 MrSergio: so I was trying to understand that xD
2017-02-06 20:28 -himei: 00:10:272 (6) - this sound was flipped by x on 00:11:300 (3) - this
2017-02-06 20:28 -himei: C O N N E C T I O N
2017-02-06 20:28 MrSergio: oh
2017-02-06 20:28 MrSergio: too vague lol
2017-02-06 20:28 MrSergio: I can't see the connection at all xD
2017-02-06 20:28 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:28 -himei: :D
2017-02-06 20:28 -himei: im probably mad
2017-02-06 20:28 MrSergio: and you probably miclicked too on that link lol
2017-02-06 20:28 MrSergio: since you linked another object
2017-02-06 20:29 MrSergio: and yeah, I would probably not link them anyway, since they are already quite far apart
2017-02-06 20:29 MrSergio: 3 beats
2017-02-06 20:30 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:30 MrSergio: anyway, I'd like to keep discussing this, but I gotta go have dinner for now. The main things I wanted to say are already said anyway
2017-02-06 20:30 MrSergio: the rest would just be normal modding that it doesn't depend on the pop
2017-02-06 20:30 MrSergio: well, it might, but it wouldn't be necessary
2017-02-06 20:30 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:30 -himei: are u going to mod this?
2017-02-06 20:30 -himei: ill fix something now
2017-02-06 20:31 MrSergio: I can try, but if your reasons are mainly stacks or connections between objects being 3 beats apart, I can't probably help xD
2017-02-06 20:31 -himei: well
2017-02-06 20:31 -himei: i ll drop that approach from now
2017-02-06 20:31 MrSergio: moreover, to fix the structure/aeshtetics/expression stuff I mentioned at the beginning you'd need to remap some huge parts of it
2017-02-06 20:31 -himei: but i also want to keep the concept
2017-02-06 20:31 MrSergio: I can point out some stuff, but I can't point it out all
2017-02-06 20:32 -himei: got it
2017-02-06 20:32 MrSergio: so I believe my mod won't be able to bring the map on quality standards
2017-02-06 20:32 MrSergio: I'm not superman anyway
2017-02-06 20:32 -himei: well if u bring something up ill also apply this for similar places
2017-02-06 20:32 -himei: CUZ ITS A COPY ANYWAYS :d::d:d
2017-02-06 20:32 -himei: ah ah ha ha
2017-02-06 20:32 MrSergio: xD
2017-02-06 20:33 MrSergio: anyway, I'll be going for now
2017-02-06 20:33 MrSergio: if you have questions send me a pm
2017-02-06 20:33 -himei: ok
2017-02-06 20:33 -himei: and thanks
2017-02-06 20:33 MrSergio: I hope I explained a bit better the reasons behind the pop
2017-02-06 20:33 MrSergio: at lesat imo
2017-02-06 20:33 MrSergio: dunno what Stjpa had to say on this
2017-02-06 20:33 MrSergio: I should check his mod too I guess
2017-02-06 20:33 MrSergio: anyway... later~
he might do another mod tho
Topic Starter
hi-mei
MrSergio's mod, 2nd part
2017-02-06 23:15 -himei: so i didnt get the answer to initial question, what should i do with this
2017-02-06 23:16 -himei: i definitely wont remap/redisign it, so i either make it loved or i rank this
2017-02-06 23:16 -himei: but then, is it rankable
2017-02-06 23:16 MrSergio: a mod won't fix much imo. The best option is to at least try remapping it once
2017-02-06 23:16 MrSergio: structure and planning ahead can't be fixed once the whole thing is mapped
2017-02-06 23:16 -himei: i did that more than 5 times
2017-02-06 23:16 -himei: i wont do that sorry
2017-02-06 23:17 MrSergio: ugh
2017-02-06 23:17 -himei: well hm
2017-02-06 23:17 -himei: are u going to pop this again if i get another bubble
2017-02-06 23:17 -himei: i will definitely polish this more
2017-02-06 23:17 -himei: but like, there not much is left
2017-02-06 23:18 -himei: unless i change the concepts
2017-02-06 23:18 -himei: which i wont do
2017-02-06 23:18 MrSergio: as you can see that's an infinite loop x)
2017-02-06 23:18 -himei: yea
2017-02-06 23:18 MrSergio: if you're not willing to exit that I can't do much I suppose
2017-02-06 23:18 -himei: what do you mean
2017-02-06 23:18 MrSergio: as I said earlier, as it is, this is not ready imo :/
2017-02-06 23:19 -himei: well for now its more cuz of emphasis rather than structure
2017-02-06 23:19 -himei: but structure is more important for ranking
2017-02-06 23:19 in my opinion *
2017-02-06 23:19 MrSergio: I'd say that everything is important for ranking tho
2017-02-06 23:20 -himei: i honestly dont understand you now, u got the whole idea of the map
2017-02-06 23:20 MrSergio: I'm obviously not asking for a masterpiece
2017-02-06 23:20 -himei: but you still dont like it
2017-02-06 23:20 MrSergio: getting the idea doesn't mean that execution and expression is good lol
2017-02-06 23:20 -himei: even tho its super logical and obvious now
2017-02-06 23:20 MrSergio: actually, the fact I needed your explanation is a minus
2017-02-06 23:20 MrSergio: I should have been able to see those things myself if the map was ready
2017-02-06 23:20 -himei: well
2017-02-06 23:21 -himei: this map is rather unique than bad
2017-02-06 23:21 -himei: lets be honest
2017-02-06 23:21 MrSergio: and as far as I could see, your logic was spread across beats which were 3-9 beats apart
2017-02-06 23:21 MrSergio: which is too far apart to be noticed
2017-02-06 23:21 MrSergio: hence, it is not there at all
2017-02-06 23:21 MrSergio: it's rather the result I want to see, and not the process
2017-02-06 23:21 MrSergio: I understood how you did it, but I do not agree with how it came out
2017-02-06 23:22 MrSergio: I appreaciate that you tried to make a concept, but imo it didn't come across in the end
2017-02-06 23:22 -himei: well
2017-02-06 23:22 -himei: so 4 bns
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: thats gonna be fun
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: uh btw
2017-02-06 23:23 MrSergio: idk why you see it as a battlefield...
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: can i ask for popping?
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: xd
2017-02-06 23:23 MrSergio: for popping?
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: the bubble
2017-02-06 23:23 MrSergio: like for example?
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: well
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: if i find a bn
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: and he will bubble
2017-02-06 23:23 MrSergio: well, I know that, but you mean on your map or on other maps?
2017-02-06 23:23 -himei: my map
2017-02-06 23:24 MrSergio: you can just selfpop by updating the map
2017-02-06 23:24 -himei: nah its different
2017-02-06 23:24 MrSergio: if you disagree with it
2017-02-06 23:24 -himei: i mean
2017-02-06 23:24 -himei: u can pop only once right?
2017-02-06 23:24 MrSergio: I can disagree with the previous bubble, but if you find someone who disagrees with me I can't repop
2017-02-06 23:25 -himei: holy this system is so retarded
2017-02-06 23:25 -himei: wait
2017-02-06 23:25 -himei: so basically lets say i get a bubble
2017-02-06 23:25 -himei: and u pop
2017-02-06 23:25 MrSergio: BN1 bubble > I pop > BN3 bubbles again > BN4 pops again > BN5 bubbles again > I can pop once again
2017-02-06 23:26 MrSergio: I can disagree with the previous BN, but not with the next one
2017-02-06 23:26 -himei: ok so
2017-02-06 23:26 -himei: i got to find 4 bns
2017-02-06 23:26 MrSergio: such situation is almost impossible
2017-02-06 23:26 -himei: excepting ur pop
2017-02-06 23:26 -himei: expecting*
2017-02-06 23:26 -himei: uh
2017-02-06 23:27 MrSergio: taking your map as example:
2017-02-06 23:27 MrSergio: Tomori was the last one to bubble
2017-02-06 23:27 MrSergio: so...
2017-02-06 23:27 -himei: well honestly im so tired of this, like i probebly deserve to rank it just by the amount of effort i put into it. but well i cant guarantee that theres no bn which will pop it again
2017-02-06 23:27 MrSergio: Tomori bubbles > Stjpa pops
2017-02-06 23:28 -himei: doyak cant bubble it too
2017-02-06 23:28 MrSergio: at that point Tomori can't bubble again
2017-02-06 23:28 MrSergio: yes, Doyak can
2017-02-06 23:28 MrSergio: but another BN could disagree with Doyak
2017-02-06 23:28 MrSergio: at that point Tomori could bubble again
2017-02-06 23:28 MrSergio: and Stjpa could pop again too
2017-02-06 23:29 -himei: http://puu.sh/tRsHZ/f1b4b31091.png
2017-02-06 23:29 MrSergio: oh, interesting
2017-02-06 23:29 MrSergio: I didn't know that
2017-02-06 23:29 -himei: well
2017-02-06 23:29 MrSergio: although I guess it makes sense
2017-02-06 23:30 MrSergio: and it is not "anymore"
2017-02-06 23:30 MrSergio: or wait... it might be...
2017-02-06 23:30 -himei: btw dont u know when they release next wave of loved
2017-02-06 23:30 MrSergio: I need to check
2017-02-06 23:30 MrSergio: not sure when
2017-02-06 23:32 MrSergio: http://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/DgovZ47S.png
2017-02-06 23:32 MrSergio: so yeah, Stjap can't pop anymore
2017-02-06 23:32 MrSergio: but Doyak and Tomori can't bubble either
2017-02-06 23:33 MrSergio: unless Stjpa is fine and agree with what Tomori and Doyak have to say on the matte
2017-02-06 23:33 MrSergio: r
2017-02-06 23:33 MrSergio: agrees*
2017-02-06 23:33 -himei: lol if natsu bubbles then u will pop
2017-02-06 23:33 -himei: and then if battle bubble xexxar will pop
2017-02-06 23:33 -himei: dud im fucked
2017-02-06 23:33 -himei: aaaaaaaaaa why is this happening with me
2017-02-06 23:35 -himei: well guess at this point ill just make it loved
2017-02-06 23:35 -himei: or nuke it
2017-02-06 23:35 -himei: if u are strongly against it
2017-02-06 23:35 MrSergio: we don't really have a say about nukes tho
2017-02-06 23:35 -himei: i can see why and i can agree somehow
2017-02-06 23:35 MrSergio: and it is probably not an option in this case
2017-02-06 23:36 MrSergio: we're not agreeing on more subjective stuff, not objective
2017-02-06 23:36 MrSergio: for example
2017-02-06 23:36 -himei: well...
2017-02-06 23:36 -himei: opinions
2017-02-06 23:36 MrSergio: if someone would point out an unrankable slider and you don't want to change it no matter what .._ nuke
2017-02-06 23:36 --> *
2017-02-06 23:37 MrSergio: although I could probably demonstrate with tons of explanation why my reasons are somehow objective in this case
2017-02-06 23:37 -himei: wait i shud like, get my thoughts together in one sentense to describe what i think about this map
2017-02-06 23:37 MrSergio: well, even if you do that, the result is what matters
2017-02-06 23:38 MrSergio: after out long discussion I could understand why you did what you did
2017-02-06 23:38 MrSergio: but if the result is not good enough I don't see why I should let it slip anyway
2017-02-06 23:38 -himei: well i want you to understand me after all. so i will be convinced that u got what i think about it.
2017-02-06 23:38 MrSergio: as mentioned before: how many people would mentally flip objects across the playfield to see a stack?
2017-02-06 23:39 MrSergio: it's not a natural thing to think
2017-02-06 23:39 -himei: so i think that it has flaws in emphasis and probably playability, but the quality more than decent besides these 2 "issues" that can be considered as features.
2017-02-06 23:39 -himei: yes that why that map is unique i guess
2017-02-06 23:39 MrSergio: those issues are more like basic stuff that has a great deal of influence on the entire map
2017-02-06 23:39 MrSergio: being unique is fine
2017-02-06 23:40 MrSergio: but if it's unique and also not-so-well-executed, that's not fine
2017-02-06 23:40 -himei: hm
2017-02-06 23:40 -himei: what do you mean by execution
2017-02-06 23:40 -himei: can u like
2017-02-06 23:40 -himei: testplay it
2017-02-06 23:40 MrSergio: example of unique map:
2017-02-06 23:40 MrSergio: ACTION is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1121504 KikuoHana - Nobore! Susume! Takai Tou]
2017-02-06 23:40 MrSergio: why not
2017-02-06 23:46 -himei: hm i actually think that
2017-02-06 23:46 -himei: the only problem is that part with triplets and kicksliders
2017-02-06 23:46 -himei: other than that this map is super playable
2017-02-06 23:46 MrSergio: I actually realized how I forgot to mention a couple of huge things
2017-02-06 23:47 MrSergio: 02:23:986 - froim here... the song's intensity decreases
2017-02-06 23:47 MrSergio: a lot
2017-02-06 23:47 MrSergio: yet patterns and spacing is the same
2017-02-06 23:47 -himei: ya
2017-02-06 23:47 -himei: agree
2017-02-06 23:47 MrSergio: they are the same as in kiai time for example
2017-02-06 23:47 MrSergio: 02:45:929 (2,3,4,5,6) -
2017-02-06 23:48 MrSergio: 02:23:986 (1,2,3,4,5) -
2017-02-06 23:48 MrSergio: spacing wise
2017-02-06 23:48 -himei: yes i understand
2017-02-06 23:48 -himei: gonna fix
2017-02-06 23:48 -himei: i think i shud
2017-02-06 23:48 -himei: rework this part
2017-02-06 23:48 -himei: and it will be way better
2017-02-06 23:48 MrSergio: 03:06:843 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - this was really hard to catch
2017-02-06 23:48 -himei: this part is the only thing that works bad
2017-02-06 23:49 -himei: well
2017-02-06 23:49 -himei: 6.3* and its a peak of the song and also
2017-02-06 23:49 MrSergio: 03:07:872 - from here on intensity is even lower than any other part in the song, so spacing should be really short here
2017-02-06 23:49 -himei: it represent the song very well
2017-02-06 23:49 MrSergio: yeah... but it's not that playable
2017-02-06 23:49 -himei: well for hr players yes
2017-02-06 23:49 MrSergio: and tbh I care about playbility more in this case
2017-02-06 23:49 MrSergio: even without HR =w=
2017-02-06 23:50 MrSergio: I missed like half of them perhaps
2017-02-06 23:50 -himei: ok ill think what to do there
2017-02-06 23:50 -himei: 02:12:672 - 03:51:415 - so this part
2017-02-06 23:50 -himei: its like a 40% of the map
2017-02-06 23:50 -himei: if i make it working
2017-02-06 23:50 -himei: will be acceptable?
2017-02-06 23:51 -himei: it*
2017-02-06 23:51 MrSergio: depends on how you make it work
2017-02-06 23:51 MrSergio: don't forget aobut the rest of the map
2017-02-06 23:51 -himei: so do u agree that that part is the only part that doesnt work well?
2017-02-06 23:51 -himei: hm
2017-02-06 23:51 -himei: what about the rest?
2017-02-06 23:51 -himei: i thought we went thru the all the issues
2017-02-06 23:52 -himei: so basically ok:
2017-02-06 23:52 -himei: 1st part is gud, right?
2017-02-06 23:52 -himei: till the
2017-02-06 23:52 -himei: 00:44:986 -
2017-02-06 23:52 -himei: ?
2017-02-06 23:52 MrSergio: 00:11:986 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - tbh flow could have been better in this lol
2017-02-06 23:53 MrSergio: 00:11:986 (1,2) - after this jump I would have went towards the bottom of the screen with 00:12:672 (1) - for example
2017-02-06 23:53 -himei: ok
2017-02-06 23:53 -himei: seems legit
2017-02-06 23:55 -himei: 00:54:500 - 01:28:872 - second part
2017-02-06 23:55 -himei: i guess it plaed really smooth
2017-02-06 23:55 -himei: played*
2017-02-06 23:55 MrSergio: 00:12:672 (1) - ctrl H 00:13:357 (1) - Ctrl H, G 00:14:043 (1) - ctrl G 00:14:729 (1) - ctrl J 00:15:415 (1) - ctrl J, H
2017-02-06 23:55 MrSergio: just an example of better flow in that section
2017-02-06 23:56 MrSergio: 00:57:929 (1,2,1,2) - this rhythm in the second part wasn't that great tho and it's the only time I see doubles
2017-02-06 23:56 -himei: yo mate, dont worry ill fix that myself, i know what you mean without examples xd
2017-02-06 23:56 MrSergio: 00:57:929 (1,2) - just make it a 1/1 slider
2017-02-06 23:56 MrSergio: it would be better, trust me
2017-02-06 23:56 MrSergio: well, just pointing out stuff usually seems lazy to me, since I might as well give some input
2017-02-06 23:57 MrSergio: if you're fine that way, sure
2017-02-06 23:57 -himei: u dont have to do that
2017-02-06 23:57 -himei: spending time with me is more that enough
2017-02-06 23:57 -himei: and i appriciate that
2017-02-06 23:57 -himei: than*
2017-02-06 23:57 -himei: well u re free to do w/e u want, just want to save ur time an nerves
2017-02-06 23:58 MrSergio: 01:46:786 (4) - maybe ctrl G
2017-02-06 23:58 MrSergio: again flow
2017-02-06 23:58 -himei: yea
2017-02-06 23:58 -himei: i saw that moment
2017-02-06 23:58 -himei: ok
2017-02-06 23:58 MrSergio: same flow as for 01:47:986 (1,2,3,4) - , basically
2017-02-06 23:59 MrSergio: I'm not really nervous or irritated about this tho .-.
2017-02-06 23:59 MrSergio: it is true I could spend my time on modding other maps, but in the end it's the same thing so it doesn't change much for me
2017-02-06 23:59 -himei: well
2017-02-06 23:59 -himei: idk how old u are
2017-02-06 23:59 MrSergio: one year less than you :P
2017-02-07 00:00 -himei: but with the years the value of ur time will be higher
2017-02-07 00:00 MrSergio: I know that
2017-02-07 00:00 -himei: well because mostly u got good health and tons of opportunites and the only thing that people of our generation is always lacking is time
2017-02-07 00:01 -himei: so i was like wtf why u spending ur time with people
2017-02-07 00:01 -himei: who can like drop mapping in a week
2017-02-07 00:01 MrSergio: do you mind it? x)
2017-02-07 00:01 -himei: well
2017-02-07 00:01 -himei: idk
2017-02-07 00:01 MrSergio: I mean, does it creates problems for you?
2017-02-07 00:02 -himei: ure too kind as a person in my opinion
2017-02-07 00:02 -himei: even tho u talanted and experienced
2017-02-07 00:02 -himei: so its just kinda strange
2017-02-07 00:02 -himei: for me at least
2017-02-07 00:02 -himei: no it doesnt
2017-02-07 00:02 MrSergio: idk... I've always done things this way so...
2017-02-07 00:03 MrSergio: I;d feel bad for just saying "I disagree" and leaving you there without anything
2017-02-07 00:03 -himei: yea i feel the same thing, and i usually spending like 3 hours for each irc mod
2017-02-07 00:04 -himei: thats why im not modding much xd
2017-02-07 00:04 -himei: ok so
2017-02-07 00:04 MrSergio: ikr
2017-02-07 00:04 -himei: 01:53:815 (2,3,4) - this
2017-02-07 00:05 MrSergio: but I'm doing with you is what I did with at least around 200 other mapsets so far, so it doesn't change much for me xD
2017-02-07 00:05 MrSergio: what I'm doing*
2017-02-07 00:05 -himei: well
2017-02-07 00:05 MrSergio: that's fine
2017-02-07 00:05 -himei: no i mean if u could see
2017-02-07 00:05 -himei: i used the center only for "drops"
2017-02-07 00:05 -himei: and that the only place i ignored that rule
2017-02-07 00:05 -himei: cuz bara suggested this
2017-02-07 00:06 MrSergio: 01:54:843 (6,7,8) - this is a bit unstructerd since... http://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/34LdSWp2.png this sort of movements never happen elsewhere
2017-02-07 00:06 MrSergio: yeah, that's fine, I don't mind it
2017-02-07 00:06 -himei: 01:52:443 (6,7,8) - it happens here
2017-02-07 00:06 -himei: but it flipped for 90*
2017-02-07 00:06 MrSergio: but it's something minor anyway, although it would make a bit change
2017-02-07 00:06 -himei: xd
2017-02-07 00:06 MrSergio: yes, it happens many times
2017-02-07 00:07 MrSergio: but that sort of movement feels a bit too loose, considering your symmetric style
2017-02-07 00:07 -himei: hm
2017-02-07 00:07 MrSergio: I'd expect more decisive movements, not soft curves like that xD
2017-02-07 00:07 -himei: lmao
2017-02-07 00:07 -himei: okay
2017-02-07 00:07 -himei: ill change it
2017-02-07 00:08 -himei: square sliders
2017-02-07 00:08 MrSergio: sounds good
2017-02-07 00:09 -himei: ill remap from here 02:12:672 - the whole concept
2017-02-07 00:09 -himei: but there will be triplets and kicksliders for sure
2017-02-07 00:09 -himei: cuz well u can see that shit urself
2017-02-07 00:09 -himei: there are like
2017-02-07 00:09 -himei: 1 interval with kicksldiers, and 1 with triplets
2017-02-07 00:09 -himei: cuz like the blue tick
2017-02-07 00:09 MrSergio: what you use is not really a problem
2017-02-07 00:09 MrSergio: it's more "how" you do it
2017-02-07 00:10 -himei: ya ok
2017-02-07 00:10 MrSergio: but that's up to your style and rules, so there's not really an exact way to do it
2017-02-07 00:10 -himei: im not happy with this part either
2017-02-07 00:10 MrSergio: as lon as it works, sure
2017-02-07 00:10 MrSergio: long*
2017-02-07 00:10 -himei: 04:01:015 - so from here now
2017-02-07 00:11 MrSergio: well, I saw an inconsistency between 04:08:900 (4,5) - and 04:10:272 (4) -
2017-02-07 00:11 MrSergio: they should be the same, since they are the same rhythm in the song
2017-02-07 00:12 MrSergio: and just on the sidelines: 04:09:243 (1,2,3,4) - if you can make a structure using all of these together and not just 2 at a time would be great
2017-02-07 00:12 -himei: they are different sounds tho
2017-02-07 00:12 MrSergio: same for 04:07:872 (1,2,3,4,5) - too, obviously, for consistency
2017-02-07 00:12 -himei: 04:08:900 (4,5) - and 04:10:272 (4) -
2017-02-07 00:12 MrSergio: then at least try making the second suggestion xD
2017-02-07 00:12 -himei: wait
2017-02-07 00:13 MrSergio: there is a slight difference, yea
2017-02-07 00:13 -himei: http://puu.sh/tRvW8/0f656fb89e.jpg
2017-02-07 00:13 -himei: well
2017-02-07 00:13 MrSergio: I have a suggestion, let me just... trying to put it down on playfield
2017-02-07 00:13 -himei: okay not a big deal
2017-02-07 00:15 MrSergio: it's basically a giant sort of square
2017-02-07 00:15 -himei: wut
2017-02-07 00:16 MrSergio: [http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7256221 first part] [http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7256224 second part]
2017-02-07 00:16 MrSergio: I tried to keep the symmetry as much as I could
2017-02-07 00:17 MrSergio: dunno if it's what you'd do
2017-02-07 00:17 -himei: sec
2017-02-07 00:17 -himei: i trying to figure out
2017-02-07 00:17 MrSergio: but I tried improving the flow and the structure at the same time
2017-02-07 00:17 -himei: which of the sliders u moved
2017-02-07 00:17 MrSergio: 04:07:872 (1,2,3) - I didn't move these
2017-02-07 00:17 MrSergio: 04:08:900 (4,5) - these are literally a ctrl J H of 04:08:557 (3) -
2017-02-07 00:18 MrSergio: 04:09:243 (1,2) - these are the copy of 04:07:872 (1,2) - , just moved
2017-02-07 00:18 MrSergio: 04:09:929 (3) - copy of 04:08:557 (3) - and flipped
2017-02-07 00:18 MrSergio: 04:10:272 (4) - copy of 04:09:929 (3) - and flipped
2017-02-07 00:18 -himei: so
2017-02-07 00:19 -himei: the jump between
2017-02-07 00:19 -himei: 4,5 and 3
2017-02-07 00:19 -himei: will be super huge
2017-02-07 00:19 -himei: isnt it?
2017-02-07 00:19 MrSergio: yes, but thanks to slider leniency it won't feel as huge
2017-02-07 00:19 MrSergio: it's a technique that was used in the past apparently
2017-02-07 00:19 -himei: 04:08:557 (3,4,5) - so u moved these notes to the top
2017-02-07 00:19 MrSergio: a lot of old maps have that sort of patterns and they don't feel like a jump at all
2017-02-07 00:19 -himei: right?
2017-02-07 00:20 MrSergio: I didn't move 3
2017-02-07 00:20 -himei: oh wait
2017-02-07 00:20 -himei: but
2017-02-07 00:20 -himei: lol the melody is increasing
2017-02-07 00:20 -himei: and then we got a peak
2017-02-07 00:20 -himei: 04:10:615 (1) -
2017-02-07 00:20 -himei: here
2017-02-07 00:20 -himei: that jump will be super huge in comparison with this batterfly
2017-02-07 00:21 -himei: but why dont u like it as it is tho?
2017-02-07 00:21 MrSergio: you could try it first xD
2017-02-07 00:21 MrSergio: because of structure, mainly
2017-02-07 00:21 MrSergio: since it feels a bit random how the current 04:09:243 (1,2,3,4) - is
2017-02-07 00:21 MrSergio: or how the stack for 04:08:900 (4,5) - is
2017-02-07 00:21 -himei: well ok
2017-02-07 00:21 -himei: i ll figure that shit out
2017-02-07 00:22 -himei: ure not that professional with flipping mate
2017-02-07 00:22 -himei: :D:D:
2017-02-07 00:22 MrSergio: heh, symmetry is not my specialty
2017-02-07 00:22 -himei: i can agree that its meh as it is
2017-02-07 00:23 -himei: 04:18:328 (3,1) - this angle
2017-02-07 00:23 -himei: maybe ctrl g 04:18:500 (1,2) - ?
2017-02-07 00:23 MrSergio: it works
2017-02-07 00:23 MrSergio: as it is
2017-02-07 00:24 -himei: ok
2017-02-07 00:24 MrSergio: because the song decreases in intensity
2017-02-07 00:24 MrSergio: so the shorter jump, althought maybe not so beautiful, works properly
2017-02-07 00:24 -himei: btw did i tell u about the formula
2017-02-07 00:24 -himei: of these jumps
2017-02-07 00:24 -himei: 04:32:557 -
2017-02-07 00:25 MrSergio: do you have a formula for them? xD
2017-02-07 00:25 -himei: 04:32:557 (1,2) - its like the original, then 04:32:900 (3,4) - its original (O) +20*
2017-02-07 00:25 MrSergio: and no, you didn't yet
2017-02-07 00:25 -himei: 04:33:243 (1,2) - this has previous angle from original but the angle is +40
2017-02-07 00:25 MrSergio: holy
2017-02-07 00:26 -himei: 04:33:586 (3,4) - original +60
2017-02-07 00:26 -himei: etc
2017-02-07 00:26 -himei: the first kiai has 15* step
2017-02-07 00:26 MrSergio: yeah, I see that
2017-02-07 00:26 MrSergio: but I wouldn't notice if you don't tell me that lol
2017-02-07 00:26 MrSergio: mostly because I have no tools to measure the angles
2017-02-07 00:26 -himei: and each pair has 1.1x scaling
2017-02-07 00:26 MrSergio: the human eye can't distinguish such differences exactly
2017-02-07 00:27 MrSergio: once you give me the numbers I think "hey, cool" but without that I can't tell
2017-02-07 00:27 -himei: lul
2017-02-07 00:27 MrSergio: and that's the issue with all the map I suppose
2017-02-07 00:27 MrSergio: as I said earlier xD
2017-02-07 00:27 -himei: 04:35:300 - so this part
2017-02-07 00:27 MrSergio: the process is cool, but the result doesn't show how cool the process was
2017-02-07 00:27 MrSergio: in that part you keep switching the circular flow
2017-02-07 00:28 MrSergio: I'd naturally think that 04:35:986 (3) - and 04:36:329 (4) - should be with ctrl G
2017-02-07 00:28 -himei: uh
2017-02-07 00:28 -himei: makes sense
2017-02-07 00:28 MrSergio: but if you do so the following flows are a bit messed up
2017-02-07 00:29 MrSergio: as you have them now, they work so-so
2017-02-07 00:29 -himei: alright
2017-02-07 00:29 MrSergio: if you make the change I suggested, 04:35:300 (1,2,3,4) - this flows really well, but 04:36:329 (4,1) - this flows bad
2017-02-07 00:29 -himei: ya
2017-02-07 00:30 MrSergio: 04:56:557 (1,1) - and you probably don't need these NCs, but I guess it's preference
2017-02-07 00:30 -himei: 04:48:329 (1) - ctrl probably
2017-02-07 00:30 -himei: ctrl g
2017-02-07 00:30 MrSergio: but your previous combos were longer, so...
2017-02-07 00:31 MrSergio: why not
2017-02-07 00:31 MrSergio: actually, yeah, works a lot better with ctrl g
2017-02-07 00:32 -himei: yea i also fked up the symmetry there, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7256321 it should be like this
2017-02-07 00:32 -himei: alright so thats it probably
2017-02-07 00:32 -himei: gotta spend few days on it
2017-02-07 00:32 MrSergio: yeah, we went over the whole map I suppose
2017-02-07 00:32 -himei: thanks for ur time
2017-02-07 00:33 MrSergio: no problem
2017-02-07 00:33 -himei: i probably didnt deserve that but i guess u dont really care
2017-02-07 00:33 -himei: eks dee
2017-02-07 00:33 MrSergio: deserve what? .-.
2017-02-07 00:33 -himei: well that mod
2017-02-07 00:33 -himei: its 4 hours in summary
2017-02-07 00:33 MrSergio: yeah, it' still within my usual modding times lol
2017-02-07 00:34 MrSergio: nothing out of ordinary I guess
2017-02-07 00:34 -himei: well i could take a look on some of maps if u will ask
2017-02-07 00:34 -himei: as u can see im not that bad at the times
2017-02-07 00:34 MrSergio: but I also think that everyone deserves the same things, so what I gave you what I gave to others too
2017-02-07 00:35 MrSergio: is what*
2017-02-07 00:35 MrSergio: I can't type, aaaa
2017-02-07 00:35 -himei: well yea u can ask me for mod if u will need
2017-02-07 00:35 MrSergio: heh, once I'll have maps ready I'll take up your offer then, but don't expect much from me. I'm really slow at mapping lol
2017-02-07 00:35 -himei: ok then
2017-02-07 00:35 -himei: gn
2017-02-07 00:35 -himei: dem its 0:35 cet
2017-02-07 00:36 MrSergio: yeah
2017-02-07 00:36 MrSergio: good night~

tons of issues were adressed and im about to remap like... 50% of it.
Ashton
double post~

triple post~

chill. just a friendly reminder.

also, I would still like a proper response, just because Monstrata did it to you doesn't mean you can do it to other people?? that's the most childish way to put things.

you did the same thing

-kevincela- wrote:

-himei wrote:

well, its a reaction to his actions from the past. all this situation is expected by me and i knew what will happen when i got 2nd bubble.

here.

Please be mature when things like these happen, this is coming from someone way younger than you. Your literally 2x older than me LOL
Seijiro
You're late for the "party" so be mature and read the mood instead.
The thread got locked and unlocked for a reason, guess what that reason is? x)

A simple "I'd like a reply to my mod tho" would have been enough, instead of still trying to stir drama with passive aggressiveness (yeah, comparing your age and telling him to be mature... Guess what: it's not mature at all)

Anyway.. After our talk regarding the map we came to an agreement, so let's see how it turns out to be.

Edit:
Just for transparency, I fixed the kd on Stjpa's mod (he technically helped, so..)
Ashton

MrSergio wrote:

You're late for the "party" so be mature and read the mood instead.
The thread got locked and unlocked for a reason, guess what that reason is? x)

A simple "I'd like a reply to my mod tho" would have been enough, instead of still trying to stir drama with passive aggressiveness (yeah, comparing your age and telling him to be mature... Guess what: it's not mature at all)

Anyway.. After our talk regarding the map we came to an agreement, so let's see how it turns out to be.

Edit:
Just for transparency, I fixed the kd on Stjpa's mod (he technically helped, so..)

Sorry, I just wanted a proper response tho

I just came for that, also to try to tell him to stop double posting and saying responses such as "so and so did it to me so I can do it back!" Why is that a problem for me? Because that's the reason he's not and refuses to reply to my mod

Yeah okay, the age comapre was a little meh... I'm not trying to stir drama also I didn't even know this got locked +unlocked or whatever drama happened. This is the second time I'm looking at this thread, so don't go assuming things mr. Sergio
Voli
IRC
20:02 Voli: k lemme play it
20:02 -himei: every angle is on point, everything is stacked like 02:43:357 (4,3) - this
20:08 Voli: fun concept
20:08 Voli: 02:46:100 (3,4,5,6) -
20:08 Voli: these are kinda painful to play tho
20:08 -himei: ya
20:09 -himei: but i cant use like
20:09 -himei: sliders or triplets
20:09 -himei: cuz of the 1 strong, 2 mediocre, 3rd strong sound
20:09 -himei: u know right
20:09 Voli: nah u dont have to
20:09 Voli: but its more
20:09 Voli: that spacing between these 02:46:272 (4,5) -
20:10 Voli: and the angles
20:10 Voli: together with the movement you have to make for those patterns
20:10 Voli: is kinda iffy
20:10 -himei: which angles u would suggest?
20:10 Voli: and imo if u space the 1/4s a little bit less
20:10 Voli: the emphasis is still good
20:10 Voli: https://voli.s-ul.eu/yp6x2nPd
20:10 Voli: as in this
20:11 -himei: so less spacing?
20:11 Voli: thats what i'd personally do
20:11 Voli: cuz like
20:12 -himei: i mean... i dont really like the entire idea of this section, so like.. the symmetry here feels forced
20:12 -himei: which it is
20:12 -himei: it doesnt plays well honesly
20:12 Voli: rip i cant explain it very well
20:12 Voli: so
20:12 Voli: https://voli.s-ul.eu/GkcrkwzY
20:13 Voli: those quick jerks feel werid
20:13 -himei: ya
20:13 Voli: very quickly in pattenrs like that
20:13 Voli: 02:59:643 (2,3) - also cuz this angle is weird probably
20:14 -himei: yea
20:14 Voli: like u have to tilt to the right and top
20:14 Voli: after doing that jump
20:14 -himei: its something like 135
20:14 -himei: degrees
20:14 Voli: but ye im very nazi with my own maps
20:14 Voli: with stuff like this
20:14 Voli: so if u dont wanna change just keep it lol
20:14 -himei: nah im just like
20:15 Voli: 03:06:157 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) -
20:15 Voli: i liked this
20:15 Voli: it looks pretty shit to play but i could fc it easily
20:15 -himei: u know, every section here was like designed by some very strange ideas that appeared in my head randomly
20:15 -himei: things like
20:15 -himei: 00:11:986 - this pattern
20:15 Voli: 03:32:557 (2,3,4) - look this is more acceptable
20:15 -himei: or00:22:957 - or this
20:15 Voli: cuz the initial angle isnt so weird
20:16 Voli: ye i do that a lot too lol
20:16 Voli: 03:37:015 (5,6,7) -
20:16 -himei: so for this section im like lost
20:16 -himei: cuz i have no ideas for that
20:16 Voli: maybe consider ctrl g'ing patterns like this
20:16 -himei: shit
20:16 Voli: coz again
20:16 Voli: dat angle
20:17 -himei: yea i understand now
20:17 -himei: but like
20:17 -himei: maybe make this map a dt map
20:17 -himei: stack that triplets
20:17 -himei: and make something with that kicksliders
20:17 Voli: i like the map overall tho
20:17 Voli: im just pointing out the things i didnt
20:17 Voli: xd
20:17 -himei: ya i got it
20:17 Voli: yeah u could do triples
20:18 Voli: tho maybe it gets a bit boring then
20:18 Voli: well on the other hand the triples u used now have all the same spacing too
20:18 Voli: so it wont make that much of a difference
20:18 -himei: well u know
20:18 -himei: if u use spacing u are moving the flow
20:18 Voli: yea
20:18 -himei: specing in triplets*
20:18 Voli: thats what i had a bit in this map
20:18 -himei: if u stack them then u are free
20:18 Voli: that theyre spaced a bit too low in contrast to the jumps
20:19 Voli: like
20:19 Voli: they hold the flow
20:19 -himei: to use angles in w/e way
20:19 Voli: so maybe either stack them or space them more
20:19 -himei: yea so if i stack them
20:19 -himei: it will be kinda hmmm
20:19 -himei: undermapping
20:19 Voli: not rly
20:19 -himei: u think?
20:19 -himei: well
20:20 -himei: for now i have no idea how to change this, like maybe in few weeks it will appear in my head
20:20 -himei: so im seeking for ideas of someone
20:20 Voli: im just
20:20 Voli: 03:42:157 (2,3,4,5,6,7) -
20:20 Voli: why did u choose to map triples here
20:21 Voli: instead of the pitch
20:21 Voli: like maybe i dont hear it or sth
20:21 Voli: but it looks the same as the part you didnt map triples to before
20:21 -himei: so wait
20:21 -himei: 03:41:129 (4,6) - see this shit here?
20:21 -himei: 03:42:329 (4,7) - and then this?
20:21 Voli: ye
20:21 -himei: thats why it forces me to use fucking kicksliders
20:22 Voli: song has a pretty repetitive backbeat
20:22 -himei: i know, but like, the sounds of 03:42:329 - this is waaaaay less strong than 03:41:472 - this for example
20:23 Voli: ye but u have ton of spacing there
20:23 -himei: wait
20:23 Voli: if u'd bring 03:42:157 (2,3,4) - more to the center
20:23 -himei: are u complaining about the structure or the rhythm or the objects lol
20:23 Voli: and then copypasta
20:23 -himei: i missed the point
20:23 Voli: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7262547
20:23 Voli: would even thing sout
20:23 Voli: well cuz its less strong
20:23 Voli: but still spaced the same
20:23 Voli: like u said
20:24 -himei: yea i see
20:24 -himei: wel... u know fuck this shit i gonna remap that section
20:24 Voli: the triples spacing isnt bad
20:24 Voli: but
20:24 -himei: i feel it need more patternisation
20:24 Voli: if u do a huge ass jump before the triple
20:24 Voli: then its bad
20:24 -himei: like every part before
20:24 -himei: well if i do that jump
20:24 -himei: and then i stack the tripple
20:25 -himei: than its cool
20:25 Voli: ye
20:25 Voli: or space more
20:25 Voli: tho idk if u want spaced triples in ur map
20:25 -himei: nah the cursor getting fucked in this part for sure
20:25 -himei: well yea i think now im convinced
20:25 -himei: that triplets shud be stacked here
20:26 -himei: cuz i never used it before
20:26 -himei: at all
20:26 Voli: that what i always do xd
20:26 Voli: lazy and effective
20:26 Voli: gg
20:26 -himei: gg
20:26 -himei: at least someone understands me
20:26 -himei: holy shit
20:26 -himei: if u dig in this map more theres actually
20:26 -himei: more retarded stuff is going on
20:26 -himei: sec
20:27 -himei: 02:46:100 (3) - this for example is flipped by x/y from02:45:586 (1) -
20:27 -himei: 02:45:243 (3,4) - these are stacked
20:27 -himei: and it happens pretty much
20:27 -himei: in every place thru the map
20:28 -himei: 02:44:215 (1,1) - these are flipped
20:28 -himei: like
20:28 Voli: 02:44:215 (1,1) -
20:28 Voli: this is the worst idea ever
20:28 Voli: LOL
20:28 -himei: theres shit ton of copies
20:28 Voli: sorry
20:28 -himei: what
20:28 -himei: why?
20:28 Voli: 90% ppl is gonna break there
20:28 Voli: cuz its spaced like a 1/2 jump
20:28 Voli: but its an 1/4
20:28 Voli: and you cant see it until you hit the slider
20:28 -himei: no one broke here actually
20:28 -himei: lmao
20:29 Voli: wh but
20:29 -himei: so less space?
20:29 Voli: why is it on the other side of canvas
20:29 Voli: like
20:29 -himei: cuz
20:29 -himei: 01:05:472 -
20:29 -himei: of this XDDDDD
20:29 -himei: 04:11:986 - and this
20:29 Voli: those are
20:30 -himei: c o n s i s t e n c y
20:30 Voli: not as bad
20:30 Voli: its still a lot of spacing but theyre way more bearable
20:30 -himei: ya i agree
20:30 Voli: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7262616
20:30 Voli: idk
20:30 Voli: ez
20:30 Voli: that should do the job
20:31 -himei: they shud be as the others
20:31 -himei: like i showed
20:31 -himei: the only thing i could do is to find another stacks
20:32 -himei: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7262628
20:32 -himei: like this
20:32 -himei: but ill stack the overlaps
20:32 Voli: u know
20:32 Voli: that isnt even visible in play mode right
20:32 Voli: those stacks
20:32 -himei: yes
20:32 -himei: its only me and my obsessive disorder
20:32 Voli: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7262633
20:32 Voli: this would be
20:33 -himei: man
20:33 -himei: it shud be flipped by x/y
20:33 -himei: i mean mirrored
20:33 -himei: at least for slider starts
20:33 Voli: i had this mindset
20:33 Voli: too
20:33 -himei: im doing that thru the entire map
20:33 Voli: like i wanted to stack/blanket things that u couldnt even see
20:33 Voli: in play
20:33 -himei: well
20:33 *Voli is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/849305 toby fox - Hopes and Dreams [Galacta Blazing]]
20:34 Voli: this map
20:34 Voli: is me being austistic af
20:35 -himei: no man
20:35 -himei: im waaaaaay more
20:35 -himei: autistic
20:35 Voli: this is from
20:35 Voli: 2015 or sth tho
20:35 Voli: so old af
20:35 -himei: i see
20:35 -himei: well ya thanks for ur time
20:35 -himei: i learned some stuff
20:35 Voli: well just
20:36 Voli: if u map symmetry
20:36 Voli: just think that if u move anything more towards center
20:36 Voli: or away from
20:36 Voli: it affects spacing twice as much
20:36 -himei: ya
20:36 Voli: its literally the diference between forced symmetry and it working nicely
20:37 Voli: so ye gl
20:37 -himei: yea ty

GL
Shiirn
Feel free to call me up after you remap if you want some help nailing down your free-floating ideas into something a bit more coherent. The map has potential, it's being wasted right now.
Topic Starter
hi-mei

Shiirn wrote:

Feel free to call me up after you remap if you want some help nailing down your free-floating ideas into something a bit more coherent. The map has potential, it's being wasted right now.
im currently doing the remap of certain parts, basically i want it be something like a polygon based map.
well we will see.
theres 40 sec left.
Vivyanne
SPOILER
2017-02-11 22:19 -himei: alright u can mod
2017-02-11 22:21 HighTec: can i ird
2017-02-11 22:21 HighTec: irc
2017-02-11 22:21 -himei: ehhh ya
2017-02-11 22:21 HighTec: 00:08:900 (4,5) - seems weird to me to do something like this rn since its inconsistent with what u had before
2017-02-11 22:21 HighTec: 00:03:415 (1,2) - is kinda similar but yet mapped in a completely different way
2017-02-11 22:22 -himei: hmmm
2017-02-11 22:22 -himei: wait
2017-02-11 22:23 -himei: oh shit
2017-02-11 22:23 -himei: yea fixed
2017-02-11 22:23 -himei: lmaoooo
2017-02-11 22:24 HighTec: 00:16:615 (3,1) - i like the idea u have here tho i dont agree with the spacing youre using here
2017-02-11 22:24 HighTec: like the song is even stronger yet u almost deny all cursor movement ):
2017-02-11 22:25 -himei: voli is testplaying, can u wait few mins?
2017-02-11 22:25 HighTec: oo oki
2017-02-11 22:31 -himei: alright im here
2017-02-11 22:31 -himei: sooo
2017-02-11 22:31 -himei: hmm
2017-02-11 22:31 -himei: i cant do shit about it
2017-02-11 22:32 -himei: that how u getting trapped in the structure
2017-02-11 22:32 HighTec: yea i saw
2017-02-11 22:32 -himei: theres no way i can change it
2017-02-11 22:32 HighTec: unluckily u cant ctrlG
2017-02-11 22:32 -himei: cuz its connected to everything else
2017-02-11 22:32 -himei: yea
2017-02-11 22:33 HighTec: 00:33:500 (2) - hmm this note can be tricky, you had this spacing before but it was 1/2 but now u made it 1/4
2017-02-11 22:33 HighTec: my suggestion is to stack this note with 00:33:586 (3) - 's head orz
2017-02-11 22:33 -himei: no i didnt change shit
2017-02-11 22:33 -himei: nah dude its impossilbe, i cant do shit about it too
2017-02-11 22:34 HighTec: ;;;;;;
2017-02-11 22:34 -himei: the slider lenghts cant be changed
2017-02-11 22:34 -himei: cuz im using the same lenght thru the whole section
2017-02-11 22:34 HighTec: 00:42:843 (3) - the only slider that doesnt point towards the (4,5) after it in the sectino
2017-02-11 22:34 -himei: for vertical/horizonal/45* sliders
2017-02-11 22:34 -himei: as u can see
2017-02-11 22:34 HighTec: yea i know
2017-02-11 22:34 -himei: nice catch
2017-02-11 22:34 -himei: ficxed
2017-02-11 22:35 HighTec: 00:57:243 (6) - perhaps NC to emphasise downbeat?
2017-02-11 22:35 -himei: 00:59:986 (5) - then ehre too?
2017-02-11 22:35 -himei: xddd
2017-02-11 22:35 -himei: here
2017-02-11 22:35 HighTec: yea
2017-02-11 22:36 HighTec: 01:05:472 (1,1) - inconsistent timings, the growl sounds kinda the same but yet for the first one u make it end on blue tick, and the other on red tick
2017-02-11 22:36 -himei: well im emphasizing the flow from horizontal to vertical
2017-02-11 22:36 -himei: so nc here for different thing
2017-02-11 22:36 -himei: sec
2017-02-11 22:37 -himei: 01:05:986 - it has sound
2017-02-11 22:37 -himei: 01:05:643 - no sound
2017-02-11 22:37 HighTec: tru tru
2017-02-11 22:37 HighTec: nvm
2017-02-11 22:37 HighTec: then
2017-02-11 22:37 HighTec: 01:09:243 (5,3) - fix stack
2017-02-11 22:38 -himei: stacdone
2017-02-11 22:38 -himei: done
2017-02-11 22:38 HighTec: 01:28:843 (1) - lole why start the spinner on a 1/12 tick
2017-02-11 22:38 HighTec: also it doesnt end on strong beat now
2017-02-11 22:39 HighTec: seems like u accidentally put the spinner off
2017-02-11 22:39 -himei: fixed
2017-02-11 22:39 HighTec: 01:41:815 (5) - nc to indicate rythm change?
2017-02-11 22:39 HighTec: would do for all similar situations but up 2 u
2017-02-11 22:39 -himei: hmmm
2017-02-11 22:40 -himei: yea but its kinda more to sound phrases
2017-02-11 22:40 -himei: u know
2017-02-11 22:40 -himei: about*
2017-02-11 22:40 -himei: that nc is more about sound phrases rather than something else
2017-02-11 22:40 HighTec: hm fine
2017-02-11 22:41 HighTec: 02:29:129 (1) - seems like its off, doesnt add up for symmetry orz anywhere else and the spacing currently imo underemphasises the strength of the beat
2017-02-11 22:41 -himei: wait
2017-02-11 22:42 -himei: i dont understand why its not for symmetry when its super obvious that im using octagon here
2017-02-11 22:42 -himei: can u like select 20 notes
2017-02-11 22:42 -himei: here
2017-02-11 22:42 HighTec: then in that case ctrlg 02:29:129 (1,2) - if u wanna keep the shape
2017-02-11 22:42 HighTec: no reason to rip emphasis like this ;w;
2017-02-11 22:43 -himei: do u think so?
2017-02-11 22:43 -himei: cuz the flow from
2017-02-11 22:43 -himei: 02:28:786 (8) -
2017-02-11 22:43 -himei: wud be fucked
2017-02-11 22:43 HighTec: yea
2017-02-11 22:43 HighTec: song emphasises flow change
2017-02-11 22:43 -himei: well hmmmmmmm
2017-02-11 22:44 -himei: idk ill reconsider this if someone else will complain
2017-02-11 22:44 -himei: i mean i cant use 130+ dregress jump
2017-02-11 22:44 -himei: thats the point of octagon
2017-02-11 22:44 HighTec: rip
2017-02-11 22:44 -himei: all the jumps are 40-60 degrees
2017-02-11 22:44 HighTec: 03:23:643 (8,5) - lole stack
2017-02-11 22:45 HighTec: the song changes tho so why wouldnt the map change
2017-02-11 22:45 -himei: fixed
2017-02-11 22:45 -himei: wait
2017-02-11 22:45 -himei: where?
2017-02-11 22:45 HighTec: with the octagon stuff
2017-02-11 22:45 HighTec: the song gets more drums in so the song changes
2017-02-11 22:45 HighTec: ACTION shrugs
2017-02-11 22:46 HighTec: could be emphasised
2017-02-11 22:46 -himei: im adding 4 more points after02:42:843 -
2017-02-11 22:46 -himei: as u could see
2017-02-11 22:46 -himei: 02:44:900 (1,4) - etc
2017-02-11 22:46 HighTec: o i c
2017-02-11 22:46 HighTec: 02:55:243 (1) - resnap spinner btw
2017-02-11 22:46 HighTec: missed that one
2017-02-11 22:47 -himei: done
2017-02-11 22:47 -himei: btw
2017-02-11 22:47 -himei: i can explain
2017-02-11 22:47 HighTec: ?
2017-02-11 22:47 -himei: 02:29:129 (1) - i could ctrl+j it
2017-02-11 22:47 HighTec: seems like a good solution tbh
2017-02-11 22:47 -himei: but im already used that place in previous phrase
2017-02-11 22:48 -himei: well
2017-02-11 22:48 -himei: yea
2017-02-11 22:48 HighTec: change is up to u d
2017-02-11 22:48 -himei: well look what happens next
2017-02-11 22:48 -himei: 02:29:986 (5,6,7) -
2017-02-11 22:48 HighTec: 03:39:757 (1) - would ctrlG this slider for better rotation
2017-02-11 22:48 HighTec: o
2017-02-11 22:48 -himei: i shud ctrl j this too
2017-02-11 22:49 -himei: 02:30:157 (7,8,1) - then this angle
2017-02-11 22:49 -himei: gets fucked
2017-02-11 22:49 -himei: as u can see
2017-02-11 22:49 HighTec: deep stuff
2017-02-11 22:49 HighTec: but again change is up to u lole
2017-02-11 22:49 -himei: yea i understand
2017-02-11 22:49 HighTec: if u dont wanna get it out of ur concept then thats fine dw ;3
2017-02-11 22:49 -himei: so
2017-02-11 22:50 -himei: 03:39:757 (1) -
2017-02-11 22:50 -himei: i cant cuz of 03:39:072 (1) -
2017-02-11 22:50 -himei: ;w;
2017-02-11 22:50 HighTec: i think u can tho
2017-02-11 22:50 HighTec: i dont see the problem with it lole its perfectly readable
2017-02-11 22:50 HighTec: flow is bad on the section rn becus of it too
2017-02-11 22:51 -himei: alright
2017-02-11 22:52 HighTec: rest is fine i guess since it follows its concept :3/
2017-02-11 22:53 -himei: hmm
2017-02-11 22:53 -himei: what about
2017-02-11 22:53 -himei: hitsounds on the end of the sliders
2017-02-11 22:53 -himei: it feels super weird
2017-02-11 22:53 HighTec: o i didnt focus on hs
2017-02-11 22:53 HighTec: lemme listen to it
2017-02-11 22:53 -himei: 02:12:672 - from here
2017-02-11 22:54 -himei: rest is fine
2017-02-11 22:54 HighTec: idk it follows the hs u had before
2017-02-11 22:54 HighTec: so i dont think its bad :3
2017-02-11 22:55 -himei: is there any differense between like
2017-02-11 22:55 -himei: 5% and 20?
2017-02-11 22:55 -himei: does it feel different
2017-02-11 22:55 -himei: ?
2017-02-11 22:55 -himei: cuz i think u shud hear the sldier end
2017-02-11 22:55 HighTec: i didnt rly hear the sliderend
2017-02-11 22:55 HighTec: the difference is clear enough
2017-02-11 22:55 HighTec: 15% volume change is rly noticable trust me
2017-02-11 22:55 -himei: yea i better change the volume
2017-02-11 22:56 -himei: cuz the sliders now are super weird
2017-02-11 22:56 HighTec: mute sliderhead orz
2017-02-11 22:56 -himei: u can cut off the first part of the map and listen in autoplay
2017-02-11 22:56 -himei: what i mean
2017-02-11 22:56 HighTec: i just listened, hs sound fine
2017-02-11 22:56 -himei: well okay
2017-02-11 22:56 -himei: thanks

fixed some inconsistencies and minor flow/spacing changes
Topic Starter
hi-mei
loved.
Loctav
Loved as per mapper's request.
_Meep_
rippu bn efforto