forum

Can't gain rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fairfax
Recently I have come back to osu after going 3 or 4 weeks without it, and well I haven't lost much of my skill. Only took me about 2 days to get back in the
hang of things and well like the title says, I've been having trouble gaining rank. I have beaten just about all my old 4* scores but at most it gives me +6
ranks, usually it says something like -66 or -134 ranks. Is this due to a time thing. Like maybe osu calculates the time you've played and how long since you've
joined and decides what difficulty you would find difficult at the time. If so that is very sad as I can barely even do half a 5* song and so I find no resolve with 4* anymore as it doesnt give ranks. Or possibly was there a boom in maps lately? maybe I just have to play all the new maps. All in all, I'm clueless if you have any useful advice please do share. :oops:
KupcaH
FC 4* long maps.
Sandy Hoey
The amont of pp you recieve is not based on the difficulty that you or what osu thinks you think is difficult. It is based on a lot more technical things. You cn look it up if you really want to know. However, you will have to keep increasing the difficulty of the maps that you want to play if you want to keep gaining pp at a steady rate because evetually maps wont be worth much pp if they are all around the same level because of the weighting system fro pp
dung eater
you need to play maps with higher star rating, od, more circles

or do better on the maps you already play (this caps at 100% so you need to play other maps or use mods at some point)

when you gain ranks, others lose ranks. you lose ranks when others gain ranks. (the ones you pass and the ones that pass you)
clover
welcome 2 helc
N0thingSpecial
"4* don't give any rank"

lol, I've pretty much farmed 4* throughout the process of ranking through 5 digits
[Gaia]_old
More play
Topic Starter
Fairfax

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

welcome 2 helc
Pretty much lol
Topic Starter
Fairfax

N0thingSpecial wrote:

"4* don't give any rank"

lol, I've pretty much farmed 4* throughout the process of ranking through 5 digits
Well like, I'll be honest. Have not fc'd a 4* yet so for being 139k I guess im pretty set
markii
Time played has no impact on PP awarded for maps neither does how many people have played a map or anything else the algorithym for determining PP looks at things like readability, not density, BPM, map length, spacing, etc...

That being said PP is weighted, which means the scores closer to your top play are worth a larger percentage of their actual value, with only your top play being worth 100%so let's say your top 5 plays are all worth 100 PP and then you get a 96pp play even though it's close in value to your top score it may only be worth something in the mid 80s. This makes it so you have to play harder and harder maps to rank up.
Nattsun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

"4* don't give any rank"

There are 4* maps that give 200PP. I don't understand why people who are rank 50k already play 5* maps. :<

I guess people have that "high starrange=skill" mindset.
chainpullz
You can hit 6k pp without playing anything above 4.99*.
I Give Up

chainpullz wrote:

I always thought you have to be consistent at 6* to get 6k pp o.o
Kyrari

chainpullz wrote:

Even with HR, I don't think you'll get 6k pp with just under 5*... 5k pp is still probable if you can actually 100% acc those which is still really hard.
Topic Starter
Fairfax
Turns out you can farm 4* Sorry all LOL