forum

SCREEN mode - Naked Dive (TV Ver.)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Myxo
I mostly agree with what Bakari and Sonnyc said, too. Will mention some points that bother me the most:

The map has a lot of gimmicks that are used only once or twice, like 00:19:702 (3,4,5) - , or the overlapping patterns like 00:51:790 (6,7,1) - , that feel a bit forced in. You can make the gimmicks feel less random by using them more often to represent something specific in the music.

I also agree with Bakari about the use of spaced streams. They seem to be used to complement the patterns more than the intensity of the music, which is fine to a certain extent, but here it's weird that the kiai has significantly easier patterns than the sections before.

01:04:892 (3) - This slider should have only one repeat, to represent the music better. It would also be more intuitive to read.

01:05:651 (1,2,3,4) - This played pretty unintuitively because I expected a 1/4 gap between 01:05:936 (3,4) - . Reversing 01:05:936 (3) - and reducing the spacing to (4) would help here.

01:23:879 (1,1) - This jump puts strong emphasis on the blue tick note, while the stronger beat would be 01:24:259 (2) - . Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept of having 1/4-jumps after sliders to keep the player in constant movement, however it mainly works for triplets like 01:22:740 (3,4,5) - and many others in this map. For streams it is rather unintuitive because it's not clear if the stream will start on the blue or white tick.
Sonnyc
also don't forget to check points made at t/548782 too!
Topic Starter
Hazu-
Wow
All fixed in my diffs, little changes in Normal (01:13:816 (5,6) - Ctrl+G)
About Easy diff, I'll keep it in mind, I'll change some sliders.
Thanks~
Shad0w1and

Sonnyc wrote:

Shadowland.
00:14:575 (3) - Since the major instrument you are following starts at 00:14:670, I recommend you removing this object for better emphasis.
00:19:702 (3,4,5) - Not really a bad gimmick, but since the usage wasn't so consistent, just using as a regular triple would be better in structures.
00:38:594 (2,3) - Similar opinion with above. The concept itself isn't really bad, but if you see other similar parts of the song which are 00:40:113 (2,3) - 00:41:632 (2,3) - 00:44:670 (2,3), you were mostly using a 1/4 stack. Being consistent to that will help your structures. :arrow: partially agree, but some beats are missing at first section. I changed a bit but still it is different from the second section.
00:51:790 (6,7,1) - Nearly 100% of the slider path is hidden with the circles. This hardly indicates (1) to be a slider intuitively, which I do not consider rankable.
00:56:062 (8,9,1) - Not as severe as above, but still this is way better if avoidable. This also doesn't properly indicate the sliderpath. :arrow: this one is ok
Popping over some unrankble gimmicks on shadowland's diff in my eyes.
If all issues are cleared, feel free to call me back. The mapset is fine enough.
will look at other mods and do some more fixing and then give my code
rizia: adjusted some hs
desperate-kun: not agree with slider repeat stuff, they are fine to me. also 01:05:651 (1,2,3,4) - no cahnge.
bakari should be fixed all.
about stream to slider jump, I believe it is fine. It is not that hard when you play with od7.7, this diff is designed as a light extra, that should be acceptable.

looked at that thread as well, but I think no more things need to fix besides these.

https://puu.sh/tx8Oe/8d13708033.7z

Name is fine to me by any means. Since it is actually my reason to map this op when I realize my name is implying the anime.
Topic Starter
Hazu-
Updated~
Seijiro
Shad0w1and's Colors (when someone says "this were your true colors, huh?" it means like "this was your true self, right?". It's also linked to the title of the anime: "Myriads of Colors")

Shad0w1and's World (it has less impact but it is still relevant to anime and diff)

Shad0w1and's Insane/Extra/Another (classic and maybe boring, but it makes much more sense the current one in any case)

Shad0w1and's Souzou (from japanese, it means "imagination" and considering the anime and what it revolves around, it still fits)

This is what I could think in around 10 minutes of reasoning.
Imo all these options are way more fitting than "shadowland" (you're giving me a dictionary entry while I'm actually considering the anime and the title of things related to it to make some sense. Which is more related in your opinion? saying that your option makes more sense after my examples will mean you just don't care at this point btw, since it's clear which options make more sense now)
riffy
saying that your option makes more sense after my examples will mean you just don't care
You do realize that the word opinion implies existence of other opinions which are literally equal to the existing one, right? What is not fine, however, is the fact that the difficulty name doubles. It makes practically no sense to use the word 'shadow' twice, it just doesn't look reasonable.
Seijiro
ah, rip my wording.
It was meant to be read as "since you prioritize more the fact you want your name into the diff instead of thinking at a proper name for the DIFF, it seems like you don't care about the diff that much but only about yourself".

From what I can see right now the only reasons that keep up that diffname are 1) a dictionary entry (which is vaguely related to the anime, since there are no shadows at all in it from what I recall) and 2) the fact that he can use his name twice.

If those are really the only reasons behind that name I highly recommend changing to one of my alternatives or even making up one of your choice, but make sure it is actually related to something related to the anime in some way (and not after many words twisting taken from a dictionary)
The word shadows is also vague, since the link between "shadow" and "phantom" the dictionary makes implies that "phantom" is actually a scary thing and therefore it can be seen as something obscure, something dark (hence shadow).
The anime actually plays around totally different terminology. In fact it sees this stuff more cheerfully (that's why "Myriads of Colors")
Topic Starter
Hazu-
So... I'm allowed to change the diff name.

MrSergio wrote:

Shad0w1and's Colors (when someone says "this were your true colors, huh?" it means like "this was your true self, right?". It's also linked to the title of the anime: "Myriads of Colors")
^ I really like this name, but it looks a lot like the Rizia's mapset (ending), so I prefer another one.

Shad0w1and's World (it has less impact but it is still relevant to anime and diff)
^ This was the name of my previous "Extra" lol

Shad0w1and's Insane/Extra/Another (classic and maybe boring, but it makes much more sense the current one in any case)
^ I prefer a different diff name.

Shad0w1and's Souzou (from japanese, it means "imagination" and considering the anime and what it revolves around, it still fits)
^ I don't like it very much.

This is what I could think in around 10 minutes of reasoning.
Imo all these options are way more fitting than "shadowland" (you're giving me a dictionary entry while I'm actually considering the anime and the title of things related to it to make some sense. Which is more related in your opinion? saying that your option makes more sense after my examples will mean you just don't care at this point btw, since it's clear which options make more sense now)
I'm going to change the name to "Shad0w1and's Phantom", since it's more similar to the current name, and practically the anime is about that.
And is in the source "Musaigen no Phantom World"/"Myriad Colors Phantom World"
I don't think there are problems with this name.
----
Edit: Changed diff name and removed some finish in my diffs.
Monstrata
Nothing wrong with Shadowland's Shadowland haha. We have Blue Dragon's Blue Dragon anyways lol.
Sonnyc

Monstrata wrote:

Nothing wrong with Shadowland's Shadowland haha. We have Blue Dragon's Blue Dragon anyways lol.
The thing is, the title of the song was a blue dragon overthere while this isn't the one with 109% relationship. A different case.
Topic Starter
Hazu-

Sonnyc wrote:

Monstrata wrote:

The thing is, the title of the song was a blue dragon overthere while this isn't the one with 109% relationship. A different case.
It shouldn't be a problem anymore, because I already changed the name.
Edit: Updated, I forgot decrease the OD in Easy diff.
Sonnyc
Nominated.
Topic Starter
Hazu-
Thanks~
Pentori
looks good
qualified
Irohas
gratz for your second, hazu!!
Topic Starter
Hazu-
Thanks Pentori ><

Irohas wrote:

gratz for your second, hazu!!
Thanks~
Cosmolade
Gratz~
osu! needs more SCREEN mode!
o3o)/
Chalwa
Finally Hazu-!
Congratz :D
(Lol, it took much time to rank it, but finally o3o)
Sotarks
naked!
Agatsu
grats!
Kalibe
congratz!
Shiny-
wo congrats man! :D
iYiyo

Sotarks wrote:

naked!
Shad0w1and

Sotarks wrote:

naked!
no pantsu!
alacat
Hey, Did you check the official soundtrack ?

As you can see track 32, you should add "(TV Ver.)" on the title.

Please fix the title/unicode title : Naked Dive (TV Ver.)

poke me after change it for re-qualify.

Link
http://tsutaya.tsite.jp/item/music/PTA0000P8CH4
http://www.billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/515406
Feb
while this is dq'd can I ask why last diff has ar9.2 on it even though it has no particulary hard reading pattern at all?
Shad0w1and
it fits more to me.
I dont feel ar 9 can make this better
Topic Starter
Hazu-

alacat wrote:

Hey, Did you check the official soundtrack ?

As you can see track 32, you should add "(TV Ver.)" on the title.

Please fix the title/unicode title : Naked Dive (TV Ver.)

poke me after change it for re-qualify.

Link
http://tsutaya.tsite.jp/item/music/PTA0000P8CH4
http://www.billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/515406
Removed "tv" from tags.
alacat
ok, Back
Topic Starter
Hazu-

alacat wrote:

ok, Back
Thanks~