forum

General/Set-up Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sync
Chamelo
(This is not related with the current league of Upick)

On 0:13

Setsuen is that you?
Xiz
^ That entire video was so hard to watch.
Hika
Getting ready to host a game but I'd like a co-host who's willing to be my bitch :*
ahahahaaha but seriously that would be nice :<
beeboy123
I will be back
Setsuen
Still LF someone to help review my Lucky Blitz Confusion mafia.
Navizel
anyone willing to review whatever I'm going to mod next
not sure what's the theme yet but it's a role madness. maybe upick
Sakura
Totally off topic but merry christmas everyone
Hika
<3

merry Christmas to my mafia family
Zexion
Merry christmas to everyone!

Is it time to revive this?
Hika
maybe February
J o_old
What is mafia?
Hika

J o wrote:

What is mafia?
t/189774
Navizel
a ded place
AutoMedic
dead mafia

dead
Hika
/in to host Mafia Restoration Project II and jump the q bc we're dead as fuck
lol
looks fun but tldr the rules/how to play
-[Jess]-

Hika wrote:

/in to host Mafia Restoration Project II and jump the q bc we're dead as fuck
Host mine first !!
I waited for so long
Hika
this works for me too
anything to revive the dead
Zexion
If you guys want to host a small player game, go ahead. We need to come back.

I'm working January and Febraury, but I could still join a game and check it periodically.
Navizel
let's do one in summer maybe

college is sucking my life
Sakura
Hi, im alive again.
johnmedina999
Yay!
Hika
where da gayme
Zexion
I wonder if we can get 9 people to play.
-[Jess]-
idk
but Maybe I can host a 9 ppl game since i am less busy in school
Ace Timing
midterms are over and I'm kinda bored so why not amirite
Hika
I'm down to host or play tbh
I just finished my most important exam lol so I'm good
Zexion
Aaaand a game's up! If this game succeds (a.k.a. we can play it normally) the mod queue should be revived. (yeah, I'll do it)
Raging Bull
So I recently receive a mail for our community to join this community mafia championship, which featured over 135 sites. The thing is that we have to pick ONE representative and that person plays for us. The rest of us can spectate, but we can't help that person. Do you think we should give it a try? I think it'll be pretty cool to spectate a game played by tons of community around the internet. Below is the message I received.

MrThingyman wrote:

Hi Raging Bull

I am addressing this invitation to you as I saw you posting in one of the mafia threads. If I've made a mistake in sending this to you, I apologize, and I hope you could maybe help point me in the right direction.

I'm hosting a very big mafia championship tournament, featuring 135 different sites, and would like to extend an invitation to your community, so I'm hoping this is the best way to go about this.

It's a super fun event that's been running for several years and it's built a lot of awesome relationships between communities and has even led to several romantic real life relationships if you'd believe it. I'd be stoked to see you guys represented, so if this invitation intrigues you, feel very free to share it with your fellow community members. Or if there is some place where I should post it, let me know.

If you have any questions, just reply back to this account. I'll make sure to check in regularly.

Link to the invitation with much more information: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x ... 5p4W4/edit

MrThingyman wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

This seems interesting. I'll pass the word. Are there any past archives of games we can view to see how it played out? Thanks.
Here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/for ... ip-Seasons

The setup changes each season, mind you. So last season it was 17 players and various power roles, for example, while this year it's 15 players and no power roles at all.

MrThingyman wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

Just curious for the representative, no one is allowed to help him right? I'm just confirming because it's a community mafia, but also seems unfair if represented by one player, with the other part of the community unable to help.
That is correct, no one can help him. Also, if your community wishes to spectate and discuss, they should either do so in the Discord that we have or in a private chat or whatever (if they want to have their own community spectator chat, which many communities do) where the representative can't see and be influenced by their thoughts.

Do you know if there seems to be any interest thus far? :)
johnmedina999
Very interesting and cool.
MrThingyman
Thanks for posting this, Raging Bull :)

If you guys have any further questions, just let me know.
Nyquill
can our community even be considered active
MrThingyman
You've had games in the past year, so you're considered active.

And as long as you have one person who's willing to do this and thinks they can handle the activity, then you're good to go :)

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

Finally, to communities that haven't elected a representative yet: Remember that your deadline for electing a representative is April 23.
Raging Bull
I personally think it would be cool for someone to represent our community for the game. Just looking at the last few pages, it seems like there are people who (still?) want to play.
Nyquill
tbh I want to play noncommital games like irc mafia nowadays, I get too stressed out with an ongoing game.
Hika
what nyquill said

it's just kinda hard to keep a game going cuz i got two jobs and graduating school soon
Raging Bull
Oh well, no biggie. It is true that forum mafia games are quite time intensive. I wasn't planning on joining too due to other commitments (school etc) so it would be rude of me to force you guys. Thanks for the input. Hopefully in the future we can play more games in here or IRC again.
Hika
Yeah can we revive IRC? Would be boss.
Raging Bull
I only did IRC mafia with like 5-6 people once. Not sure if there were bigger games than that. I'm willing to join IRC if anyone makes.
show more