forum

C.H.S - Interlude - teatime [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Akasha-
Isn't C.H.S is the label circle and t+pazolite is the main artist?
This song came from the album "Honey I Come" in Comiket 78 (2010)
C.H.S was a circle name, which host this album, with the label caterogy CHS-0008
so on, t+pazolite was the main artist of this album, he owned it

Therefore, t+pazolite feat. Rizna is honestly fine
t+pazolite is the main artist of this album, and t+pazolite arranged this song, Rizna is the singer with the vocal being used in this song, C.H.S was the circle name, it's not an artist name

You can't just said the label name = artist name, is it make any senses when all songs from C.H.S should have the artist is C.H.S too?

Anyway, source was correct to me but the artist wasn't.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Kill me
Spy
C.H.S is the label of t+pazolite. It is not even an alias, your metadata is just something like "KONAMI - Brain Power".
Just a simple question here, who is C.H.S? Can you just explain?
Besides, this is t+pazolite's album. How come even if the artist is wrong but it should be corrected to リズナ(singer) instead of composer? It makes 0 sense here.
The artist means who did the work(the song) and own it. "feat." is the person who just helped the owner to finish it, but they won't be the owner.

Please make sure you know what is "alias" and "label", and everything about "artist". I mean, those people who give wrong info and knowledge should do it.
IamKwaN
C.H.S is the circle name, like IOSYS and Halozy, same thing.

And we use composer when the song is an instrumental song only.

Thing is, you cannot choose your own expression of artist when they are not specified and stated somewhere officially. Therefore, t+pazolite feat. Rizna is never correct.

P.S KONAMI is a gaming company who holds licences of songs by the way, I believe its nature is at least slightly different from a doujin circle.
Akasha-
That was make no senses either. The website you gave doesn't gave any certain artist metadata as it's listed. Therefore, t+pazolite feat. Rizna could be correct, and even could be wrong. Eventually, you can't said a circle name is an artist just because it host the album, meanwhile t+pazloite is the main artist of this album. C.H.S isn't an artist, it's not a real person, the circle name itself doesn't make this song, but t+pazolite, you can keep the artist t+pazolite because he made this remix.

I will give you an example: http://decoratorz.pichnopop.net
There is a song name in this album: P*Light feat. mow*2 - DECORATORZ
it's certainly because it does give information about the song name. What if this sog doesn't give you the information you need and you will just say it's: pichnopop - DECORATORZ (?)
Edit: this case was the same, pichnopop was a circle name, the website doesn't said "P*Light" in the album tracks information either. So is it still make senses when the circle name is the artist and composer are nothing compared to?

Back to this case, since there is no proper infomation to this song, but you still can't use the albums circle name as an artist name.
I have 3 solutions:
1. t+pazolite - Interlude - teatime
2. t+pazolite feat. Rizna - Interlude - teatime
3. I'm gonna ask t+pazolite because he is the album owner, I don't know If he gonna reply to it but just hope

KONAMI was a record company either, as you notice KONAMI release their game soundtrack albums
Kyouren
I think Gamu is really correct : o
Nwolf
on a side note: Why is the bg wrong character
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Nwolf wrote:

on a side note: Why is the bg wrong character
My twowho game is not strong so I just picked the first cute girl I found
Wormi

Ascendance wrote:

Artist Changed to C.H.S (It reminds me of things like Lite Show Magic, like combination of two artists, so I decided to use it)
This is triggering me, please just change back to t+pazolite feat. Rizna

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Tracks created by composers belonging to doujin circles should list the circle's name as the main composer. The sole exception to this is when a composer of a given circle is well-known enough by their own name. In this case, their own composer name may be used instead.
I think t+pazolite is well-known enough to be used there, I'm not sure most people will know what C.H.S refers to.
Almost every t+pazolite ranked song is under C.H.S label (or doujin circle) but the artist name is still t+pazolite

Lite Show Magic is a nickname for t+pazolite and C-Show collab and is still under C.H.S label, this is totally different from your interpretation
Fycho
Similar case as Halozy, t+pazolite puiblished the album as a circle, not personally. The circle hosts the album, even the song is composed by t+pazolite and vocal'd by Rizna. But why altering the artist to that there is a "feat." for the song? The official? Stop using other similar songs for reference, we are talking about this case. I don't know that the official uses t+pazolite feat. Rizna for the song, all I know is C.H.S the circle name. Unless you guys find a source that says " t+pazolite feat. Rizna" as artist, we should use "C.H.S" at the moment.
By the way, this is a vocal song, t+pazolite the composer as artist is incorrect as well, we can't ignore the vocal.
_handholding
>When more effort goes into checking the metadata than actually mapping
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Kisses wrote:

shh don't let them find out
xEchoAlertx
Using this background pic is like mixing up "your" and "you're" -- makes no difference to people who do my know any better, but really cringeworthy/embarrassing to anyone who, in this case, knows anything about Touhou; and furthermore, it's extremely easily corrected: please just get a pic of Meiling.
xEchoAlertx
Using this background is analogous to mixing up "your" and "you're" -- makes no difference to anyone who doesn't know any better, but really cringeworthy/embarrassing to anyone who, in this case, knows anything about Touhou. And it's easily corrected: please get a pic of Meiling.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
I'm sorry dad.. Please come home
Dea ex machina

xEchoAlertx wrote:

Using this background is analogous to mixing up "your" and "you're" -- makes no difference to anyone who doesn't know any better, but really cringeworthy/embarrassing to anyone who, in this case, knows anything about Touhou. And it's easily corrected: please get a pic of Meiling.
dude who cares all tohos are the same
Topic Starter
Ascendance
helo
xEchoAlertx

Fii wrote:

xEchoAlertx wrote:

dude who cares all tohos are the same
Think of it in terms of leitmotifs: whenever Darth Vader strolls onscreen, his theme song plays. Not the Leia/Han love theme song. If that happened, you would probably laugh: those movies so thoroughly accomplish their characterizations via the use of leitmotifs that it would be very obvious if something were musically out of place. The Touhou games have some fairly sophisticated characterization techniques, given that they're bullet hell games. The most obvious is the one that makes use of the genre itself: e.g. Nitori is a kappa, so all of her bullet patterns resemble curving and flowing waterways; Kaguya's five impossible tasks for her suitors get reimagined as "impossible" danmaku patterns. Another is the construction of a theme song for each character, kinda like in Star Wars or Wagnerian opera. It's a great credit to ZUN as a game designer that I can understand what these characters are like, even before playing English patches (i.e. the dialogue is so supported by other means of characterization). Play the games: they're fun, challenging, rewarding, and there's a great deal more attention to character than you would think that the genre would allow for.
OzzyOzrock

xEchoAlertx wrote:

Nitori is a kappa, so all of her bullet patterns resemble curving and flowing waterways;
She must have some kappa pride!
Topic Starter
Ascendance

xEchoAlertx wrote:

Think of it in terms of leitmotifs: whenever Darth Vader strolls onscreen, his theme song plays. Not the Leia/Han love theme song. If that happened, you would probably laugh: those movies so thoroughly accomplish their characterizations via the use of leitmotifs that it would be very obvious if something were musically out of place. The Touhou games have some fairly sophisticated characterization techniques, given that they're bullet hell games. The most obvious is the one that makes use of the genre itself: e.g. Nitori is a kappa, so all of her bullet patterns resemble curving and flowing waterways; Kaguya's five impossible tasks for her suitors get reimagined as "impossible" danmaku patterns. Another is the construction of a theme song for each character, kinda like in Star Wars or Wagnerian opera. It's a great credit to ZUN as a game designer that I can understand what these characters are like, even before playing English patches (i.e. the dialogue is so supported by other means of characterization). Play the games: they're fun, challenging, rewarding, and there's a great deal more attention to character than you would think that the genre would allow for.
I greatly admire your dedication to touhou. If the map is DQ'd for whatever reasons, I will change the background. Otherwise, the most I can promse you is more research on my own part for next time.
xEchoAlertx

Ascendance wrote:

I greatly admire your dedication to touhou. If the map is DQ'd for whatever reasons, I will change the background. Otherwise, the most I can promse you is more research on my own part for next time.
Thanks, that sounds fair enough. Anyway, this is a pleasant low-diff mapset. I like the literal mapping to the melody on the top diff, with its slight bit of variation in the 1/2 patterns where there could feasibly be some leeway in deciding to put a kat on a higher note -- it makes it so that you don't have the sensation of merely repeating the same thing three times in a row, when playing it.
OnosakiHito
Disqualified for now so you have the time to change the BG. The character you are searching for is Hong Meiling, not Marisa Kirisame.
Weber
ples do not steal my bg :(
kouzuki_karen

Kisses wrote:

Topic Starter
Ascendance
Okay the background now has a new waifu in it. Hopefully this can be requalified now :0
OzzyOzrock
WHAT THE FUCK
kouzuki_karen
lol
Sandalphon
Nice bg ;3
Topic Starter
Ascendance
som1 requalify my map plz..
OnosakiHito
BG fixed. Back to qualification state.
RNG
why still don't change artist name?
who is C.H.S? :oops:
Akasha-
I can't believe that the map passed with this metadata, and told t+pazolite feat. Rizna didn't existed accroding to "can't find a proper artist name" on album website and put a circle name as an artist instead.

It's existed? YES.

https://twitter.com/bemanistyle/status/ ... 8288651265

Why you link another song name?
To proof that t+pazolite feat. Rizna is existed.

It doesn't make any senses as an example.
Putting a circle name as an artist wasn't a good decision either.

<Please igrone this post, I'm posting this while I'm raging>
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Hate metadata