forum

Way to raise ranking

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
egurimi
I have recently found out that there are maps that are short and are relatively easier to FC than other longer 4* maps
Then I started playing some of those which got me 200 pp less than a day.
Is this the right way to raise pp? or is it just better to FC some longer maps to get pp
I know that doing this wont improve my skill so is it better doing some >4.5* maps in order to improve my skills?
Sandy Hoey
If you are just looking for pp then TV sized pp farm maps are the best. However, as you said, they are the best way to improve your skill. Just depends on what you are looking to do with your time.
7ambda
Longer maps are the true way.
Topic Starter
egurimi
I think even trying to FC the shorter maps improve my skill because I need to care about the consistency
However I cant even FC 3* 1000+ combo maps :(
7ambda
farming never improves consistency

consistency improves farming
Topic Starter
egurimi

F1r3tar wrote:

But if i try long maps and choke one note I ragequit everytime
Especially when I have 600+ combos
[Gaia]_old

egurimi wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

But if i try long maps and choke one note I ragequit everytime
Especially when I have 600+ combos
So keep playing longer maps and don't retry every time you miss, just keep playing through it and you'll begin to build stamina and consistency.
The only way to get better and being consistent is playing more and playing longer songs!
Topic Starter
egurimi
But...
The cancer grorws if I do that
green tea
So keep playing longer maps and don't retry every time you miss, just keep playing through it and you'll begin to build stamina and consistency.
The only way to get better and being consistent is playing more and playing longer songs!
This x100. This is the one thing that shows constant results for me without a doubt.
Hibiya-chan
If you only care about the rankings, then just farm but then if you actually want to gain skill and improve, get pp the hard way.
dung eater
play whatever you find challenging, if you try you will get better at that thing
[Haku]
Play whatever you find fun.
Even if most people find short map easier for pp I disagree. For the same star rating, a long map is easier overall and give more pp. But you need more consistency. Just find where you are the most comfortable.
If you have fun you're doing right anyways