forum

Yoshino1 custom skin,need testers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoshino1
Hello all and thank you for taking interest in this skin :)
It's my first skin and I started working on this skin around 8 hours ago and I'm looking for some testers.
Thing I'm aiming is getting clean skin but pleasant for eyes at same time.
Skin contains many different anime so you can call it ''mixed''.
It's probably pretty hard to do but that's why I'm posting here so you guys can tell me feedback.
I'll work on this skin every day probably until I complete it.
Leave you feedback in comments!
(Note: Keep in mind that some stuff are taken from osuskinner.com but they are gonna be here temporary until I finish creating original ones)
Only standard osu! mode is available so after I finish this next thing I'm gonna do is add custom sounds and then rest of the mods.
I'll upload some pictures later so you can see preview.
Link:https://www.mediafire.com/?vcdisdxzkys1p4i
Lyawi

Yoshino1 wrote:

(Note: Keep in mind that some stuff are taken from osuskinner.com but they are gonna be here temporary until I finish creating original ones)
No, it's better to take them out temporarily. Your skin has to be created by yourself, read the skinning guidelines: t/318193
Kheryo

Lyawi wrote:

Yoshino1 wrote:

No, it's better to take them out temporarily. Your skin has to be created by yourself, read the skinning guidelines: t/318193
He's not releasing it but rather asking for help building it, which I agree should not take up an entire new thread according to current rules.
I also think there should be new subforums (skinning/releases, skinning/help at least) to cater for this kind of posts because stuffing every kind of help request in a single thread is highly unpractical. But hey, priorities.

Imo placeholders are also fine and a good way to get the look, anchors & dimensions right on your first try without too much fiddling. Starting with an entire skin that is close to the general mood you're aiming for allows you to reach your goals faster than when starting from a completely different (say : default) skin with which you can only judge of how your elements fit together after skinning an entire gamemode, which takes a while.
Kheryo
I've played with your skin for a while, and I think you are too early in the process to ask for feedback.
Play using it, and you'll quickly find the flaws. Come back when you've actually spent 20hr+ working on it and there will be a world of difference, I believe.
PM me if you want more accurate info on what I believe are good and bad practices and some actual feedback. This thread is probably getting locked or deleted soon anyways :p
o x
Whether you like it or not rules are rules. And you aren't even supposed to be posting a new thread for help anyways, if you read the rules it clearly states in the last point to go to MLGnom's Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support) post for help. There is a reason why it has skinning support is in the title of the thread.
Kheryo

Cawub wrote:

Whether you like it or not rules are rules. And you aren't even supposed to be posting a new thread for help anyways, if you read the rules it clearly states in the last point to go to MLGnom's Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support) post for help. There is a reason why it has skinning support is in the title of the thread.
I'm pretty sure at least a couple roamers here have at some point thought that a new "skinning help" subsection would meet better results than a 257-page thread with always a couple live questions crossing eachother along with random chatter, ending up creating confusion for anyone searching for information in this giant mess.

I'm not encouraging OP to "break the rules", but suggesting that there might be a good change to make here when this kind of post appears often and is always met with the same negative "get off my lawn and go swim in the question dump already" reaction.

Rules aside, what do you think ?
Lyawi

Kheryo wrote:

He's not releasing it but rather asking for help building it, which I agree should not take up an entire new thread according to current rules.
He's releasing it with the download link. He can ask for help but he should take out the elements which are not created by himself to follow the rules. I don't understand your problem :P

Kheryo wrote:

I also think there should be new subforums (skinning/releases, skinning/help at least) to cater for this kind of posts because stuffing every kind of help request in a single thread is highly unpractical. But hey, priorities.
Feel free to make a thread about that in this forum. But make sure that no one requested it before. And as Cawub said, the skinning support thread is already there for skinning help.
Nathanael

Cawub wrote:

And you aren't even supposed to be posting a new thread for help anyways
This subforum (Skinning) is also for skins that are in work in progress though. Skinners that are looking for feedback is fine.
Finished ones go to the other subforum.

Kheryo wrote:

We don't need more subforums. Take a look inside the skinning support thread and you'll see there aren't any much activity going on when it comes to help.
People are too lazy, not using the search system (which also needs to be improved) to look for their answers before posting.

Thread starter, it would be better to remove those elements you didn't made from scratch.
Topic Starter
Yoshino1
Thank you for feedback and comments.It was my first time posting here but I think I get idea what is this for now.I'll continue to work on skin and remove those elements as soon as possible.Anyone who is interested to help please PM me so I can get more feedback.