forum

[osu!std] mapper's choice awards 2016

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hehe
Ever felt tired of large community votes? Ever thought that 'well if these 100kers didnt vote for le ebin anime tv size pp jump i would clearly win best of 2016?' Well this is the event for you! This is a voting event where all mappers/modders can nominate and vote what they think is the best map/mapper for each category. With a more controlled voter pool, hopefully the results will be closer to what we have in our minds!

time

1. The event will take place over the course of 4 weeks, with both nominating and voting periods lasting two weekends.

nomination

1. Takes place over two weekends.
  2. All nominations must be PM'd to handsome, you are NOT allowed to change your vote after PMing.
  3. To nominate, you must have minimum 1 ranked difficulty, or 100 kudosu.
  4. You can nominate 3 candidates for each category, but only 1 for the Grand Award.
  5. Only ranked maps in 2016 are eligible for nomination, that means no loved maps.
  6. The top 50 All nominated maps will be put up for voting.
  7. You are not obliged to nominate 3 candidates, nor are you obliged to nominate for every category.
  8. You are allowed to nominate your own maps, however clear abuse of nominations will be nulled.
  9. You are allowed to nominate the same candidate for different categories under' maps (general)', and 'users' only. 'maps (genre-specific)' does not allow the same candidate in different categories, read the asterisk in the 'categories' section for more info.

voting

1. Takes place over two weekends.
  2. All votes must be PM'd to handsome, you are NOT allowed to change your vote after PMing.
  3. To vote, you must have minimum 1 ranked difficulty, or 100 kudosu.
  4. Voting will be done using a points system, with 13 candidates for each category. (7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1)
  5. You are not obliged to vote 13 candidates, nor are you obliged to vote for every category.
  6. You are allowed to vote your own maps, however clear abuse of votes will be nulled.
  1. 13 Jan UTC+0 - 23 Jan UTC+0: Nomination
  2. 27 Jan UTC+0 - 6 Feb UTC+0: Voting
  3. 10 Feb: Results

Grand MCA Award

Profile Badge

6 months

Minor Awards

1 month
  • [list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337][list:1337]
  1. organized by handsome & vinxis
  2. help from deetz & sukiNathan
  3. translations from KSHR, Karen, Bakari, Yuii-, Haruto, Anxient, bbj0920, Nozhomi & Hokichi
  4. prizes sponsored by -Mo- & VINXIS
Nathan
hell yea
Yuii-
Looks great!
xxdeathx
Thanks
anna apple
I map have no gds and 80 Kds am i fkd
Storyboarder
00:29:799 (1,2,3) - insert hyper dash
00:33:109 (1,2) - ^
00:36:419 (1,2,3) - ^
Ascendance

Storyboarder wrote:

00:29:799 (1,2,3) - insert hyper dash
00:33:109 (1,2) - ^
00:36:419 (1,2,3) - ^
Kudosu abuse
IamKwaN
really nice idea, i love it

EDIT: sticky ya
VINXIS

bor wrote:

yeboi
anna apple

VINXIS wrote:

bor wrote:

yeboi
Bn herry rnk mi mep so i can vote but then not vote xd \o/
Karen
?
byfar
Haitai is my favorite 2016 map.
Karen

bor wrote:

mod these and get free 20 kds https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=vinx ... 0&la=0&ra=
here you go
Ora
wew quick rank my map so I can vote for you
Gaia
dude nice
Azer
this is sick, gl
-Atri-
Is the map for nomination should be ranked or loved?
fieryrage
Well, the years start comin' and they don't stop comin'
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground runnin'
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do, so much to see
So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
You'll never know if you don't go
You'll never shine if you don't glow
Karen

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Is the map for nomination should be ranked or loved?
..?
-kevincela-
:thinking:
Aurele
interesting!
Yohanes
cool
Monstrata
Taki and Mitsuha aren't listed as rookies...?
VINXIS
yea ther maps suk : /
anna apple

Karen wrote:

bor wrote:

mod these and get free 20 kds https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=vinx ... 0&la=0&ra=
here you go
Ty dad/mom/dy/my
Kibbleru
looks like skystar getting another profile badge xd
VINXIS

Kibbleru wrote:

looks like skystar getting another profile badge xd
ur banned from voting now :)))))))))))))
byfar
vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20vote kanye west for president of the united nations 20\20
Flask

byfar wrote:

Haitai is my favorite 2016 map.
Kibbleru
good maps in 2016 LUL.
puxtu
O nice
Pachiru

Karen wrote:

bor wrote:

here you go
There is 2 meh lom
Seijiro
It feels sort of strange to be in the rookie list considering how much I've been mapping

(Yeah, I know it is not based on that)

PS: maybe a form instead of PM would be cool for next time :p
show more