forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
xxdinorabbitxx
Can you elaborate more on what is it you are opening?
Blithzmeow
Hi =)
First yep i didnt had read the 255 pages ^^ and i dont understand all :/ ( im french)
I would like to edit a skin that i have but he is not in .zip, i got it actually in .osk and i passed like 4 hours trying and i didnt arrive to do what i want :/ #noob
Is there someone with any idea ?
Thanks you =)
Have a nice day
o x

Blithzmeow wrote:

Hi =)
First yep i didnt had read the 255 pages ^^ and i dont understand all :/ ( im french)
I would like to edit a skin that i have but he is not in .zip, i got it actually in .osk and i passed like 4 hours trying and i didnt arrive to do what i want :/ #noob
Is there someone with any idea ?
Thanks you =)
Have a nice day
In osu! select the skin you want to edit, then click Open current skin folder.
You will then see all the files you can edit.
Blithzmeow
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
thank you ^^
:? :? :? :? :? :?
Andeiw
Hi guys, could you do me a favor ? I created my own scorebar, but i played with that playfield back then and now i dont know how to add it into my scorebar, is there someone who knows how to do it ? Playfield i mean that square area like cookiezi, seouless using

Here is my scorebar: https://puu.sh/t8zCM/e3af95cbf5.png (2x
https://puu.sh/t8zD4/cf4e1b5322.png (normal
Charre
I'm pretty sure they just set "background dim" to 100%.
RockRoller
I skinned a black selection-tab. Everything is fine with the tab, but I have a problem with the text on it. The text on the active selection-tab is black, on inactive white. Black text on a black background isn't good. I can't found an option to change the color of the text in the wiki or the forum. Is there really no option to change the colour of the text? :(
Lyawi

RockRoller wrote:

I skinned a black selection-tab. Everything is fine with the tab, but I have a problem with the text on it. The text on the active selection-tab is black, on inactive white. Black text on a black background isn't good. I can't found an option to change the color of the text in the wiki or the forum. Is there really no option to change the colour of the text? :(
No way.
Ulteria
hey, how can i do that the countdown stays until the go
Tae

RockRoller wrote:

I skinned a black selection-tab. Everything is fine with the tab, but I have a problem with the text on it. The text on the active selection-tab is black, on inactive white.
hm, SongSelectInactiveText: and SongSelectActiveText: followed by the RGB value should do the trick? (in skin.ini)

Dz3n1 wrote:

hey, how can i do that the countdown stays until the go
count1.png, count2.png, count3.png
RockRoller

Tae wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

I skinned a black selection-tab. Everything is fine with the tab, but I have a problem with the text on it. The text on the active selection-tab is black, on inactive white.
hm, SongSelectInactiveText: and SongSelectActiveText: followed by the RGB value should do the trick? (in skin.ini)
Nope, that doesnt work. It isnt skinable at the moment.
That obly change the colour of the text on the menu-bg
Tae

RockRoller wrote:

hm, that's a shame. I don't believe there is a way then
RockRoller

Tae wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

hm, that's a shame. I don't believe there is a way then
I hope it will come with the next update, but I dont know if somebody allready posted a Feature Request.
Tae

RockRoller wrote:

I hope it will come with the next update, but I dont know if somebody allready posted a Feature Request.
Oh, I apologise, I completely misunderstood what you were asking for lmao
I didn't even know that could be skinned, so yeah, as Lyawi said I dont think there is a fix.
Using the search function in the Feature Request subforum would be the next thing to do, I suppose
mulraf
i guess playing around with the osu!ui.dll isn't allowed, right?

i read about it:
- Manipulation or alteration of the client such as score hacking, macroing, affecting the timescale on which the client operates, auto-aim, and anything that generally removes the human element from play is considered cheating. If you have to ask if something is considered cheating, and you have to use an external program to achieve that effect, it probably is.
- Altering gameplay elements through any method BESIDES beatmap skins/client skins is considered as possible cheating and will be dealt with harshly.

on the other hand all of the said things don't apply to changing it. i mean it would only change visual elements which don't benefit me when playing. it would open up doors to skin more elements though. i mean it also says besides beatmap / client skins. i'm confused.
Charre

mulraf wrote:

- Altering gameplay elements through any method BESIDES beatmap skins/client skins is considered as possible cheating and will be dealt with harshly.
^
Living Flower

RockRoller wrote:

Tae wrote:

It IS possible to change the COLOURS of the SongSelectionActiveText and also of the SongSelectionInactiveText. Obviously, therefore are the "SongSelectionActiveText" and "SongSelectionInactiveText" settings in the skin.ini ....

Stop talking bullshit...
Tae

Living Flower wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

It IS possible to change the COLOURS of the SongSelectionActiveText and also of the SongSelectionInactiveText. Obviously, therefore are the "SongSelectionActiveText" and "SongSelectionInactiveText" settings in the skin.ini ....

Stop talking bullshit...
Sorry, when I mentioned this, I mistook the component they meant. While those two things do change colours, it only does so on the song selection button things, not the thing they were looking for.
RockRoller

Living Flower wrote:

Stop talking bullshit...
I'm not talking bullshit. U weren't ble to understood what I mean.
I asked for a colour change of the text on the SELECTION-TAB. This two options only change the colour of the text on the MENU-BUTTON-BACKGROUND. ;)
mulraf
the thing is i've seen content that showed someone modifying the osu!ui.dll to alter the appearance of the main menue. it was done to get the bg for free without having to buy supporter. now i am a supporter and this guy told me i can skin this if i am a supporter. but i havn't heard of this. is it true or does he just not know what he's talking about :?

(the image doesn't seem to load for me here so here's a link if it doesn't work for you too: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170109/jka34wa6.png)
Haskorion
That kind of editing is not allowed. What is so hard to understand about it?

You modify game internal files you are not supposed to access which is breaking community rules and licences.
AbsurdDive

n1nj4 wrote:

Is it possible to have a separate hitsound "pack" for osu-mania? (like taiko has)

thanks for the help guys :D
I tried to pull it off and it's not possible u.u

I wish they added this on osu!lazer.... (the hitsound library i'm currently using is awesome for std.. but I hate it on o!mania)..

yeah I quoted myself...
Lyawi
I wanted to skin the osu!catch mode and I'm confused now. Where are the HD elements of osu!catch in the template? Or are the elements already in HD? They all are in 128x128 and their names looks like SD. So I maybe should use 256x256 for HD elements, right?
Just wondered about that there are no HD elements in the template.
o x
Yeah it's just 256x256. The HD elements aren't included in the template fsr.
Lyawi

Cawub wrote:

They are actually, only not for the osu!catch mode:

Thank you!
o x

Lyawi wrote:

Cawub wrote:

They are actually, only not for the osu!catch mode:

Thank you!
Haha I meant the ones for osu!Catch my bad should have clarified XD
wikipedia

Dragvon wrote:

Awesome.
Add also "How to use .osk" :idea: oki
In short, rename a .zip skin into .osk osu! can deal with the rest
Hibiya-chan
Question: Given that copying elements from other skins is a no no, does copying the hitsound in skins also count?
Kheryo

_StormEx_ wrote:

Question: Given that copying elements from other skins is a no no, does copying the hitsound in skins also count?
Not really. Pretty much everyone lost track of when and where most popular hitsounds have appeared, so this is a shortcut you can and should take unless you are very confident in your sound editing skills (familiar old hitsounds > bad original hitsounds).

A good rule of thumb would be :
If they are associated with a newly released skin and you're just dumping them off this skin in particular, ask for permission to the author first and mention it in the credits.
(You will likely receive an answer along the lines of "Go for it I got them from x skin anyway lololo")
If they are hitsounds that you can find in dozens of skins released over multiple years, and there is absolutely no way for you to accurately track their origin, pillage away. They're pretty much public domain at this point.
ZUN
Who has a PSD file for Photoshop? Where can I view all sizes for each item separately?
o x
There are no PSD files, just drag the images from the default skin into photoshop it won't change the size or anything.
Lyawi

Does anyone know here how to remove the light behind the ranking letter? Tested out a bit, it's not the lighting file.
OsuMe65

Lyawi wrote:

Does anyone know here how to remove the light behind the ranking letter? Tested out a bit, it's not the lighting file.
You can't
But you can hide it by using a full screen ranking panel
Lyawi

OsuMe65 wrote:

You can't
But you can hide it by using a full screen ranking panel
I see, thanks!
MrLinuxFish
Is there any way to make the flashing notes on kiai time less obvious? I've seen some skins where the kiai time flashing is very subtle, but cannot get my skin to be any amount subtle. I'm using a mostly white skin because I find it easier to see the hitcircles, but the kiai time flashing is extremely obnoxious and way too bright.
negusking
I'm changing the font in my skin and noticed that my combo numbers are cut off by the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?
Lyawi

negusking wrote:

I'm changing the font in my skin and noticed that my combo numbers are cut off by the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?
Do you have combo elements? They have the name "combo-1, combo-2, ..., combo-x". If so, take them out of the skin folder and use "ComboPrefix: score" in the skin.ini and press ctrl+shift+alt+s in your client.
If you have no elements with these names, search for "score-1, score-2, ...". Are they in the middle? Screenshot or something? Also use "ComboPrefix: score" in your skin.ini then.
Krimsin_old_1
appreciate this, helped me a ton
Amethyst507
Mania help:
There is this problem I experienced while I was checking my skin.

The mania-stage-left and mania-stage-right is the exact same thing, but only flipped vertical and horizontal once each, both are 180 degree flip.

However, the right side of the stage is far more larger than the one on the left. Is it the .png's problem?

Another question in mind:
Is it okay to have both the mania-stage to have a unique design? Because a lot of people prefer to have both looking the same (or very very aimilar).
MrLinuxFish
One more question:

How do I specify a specific combo font for the mania game mode without changing the standard combo font?

I have tried putting the line : `ComboPrefix: mn` in the [Mania] specific part of the skin.ini, but it doesn't load the correct font assets. If I put the line under the [Fonts] part of the skin.ini it changes the combo font correctly in mania, but it is using the wrong combo font in standard.
show more