forum

Tips in getting better ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bedin_old
So, as you can see in my profile, i recently started playing osu! And It's being an awesome experience! The commuinity is great, lots of beatmaps, and after all it's a pretty good free game. But i want to get better at the game, i've been playing almost everyday and I don't see much improvement :( The hardest map i've ever beaten is Megalovania (Irre's Light Hard) but since then i've been trying to play harder beatmaps, such as: We Are! (Insane) Hatsuni Miku - Levan Polkka (Hard) IOSYS - Third Eye Ya (Advanced) but i've been having a lot of difficulty trying to beat them. Any tips to play better ? (I Play Keyboard and Mouse, but I'm planning on getting a Huion H420 soon)
Alea
By the time you will get better, for now you have to start playing normal songs, or maybe easy songs if you aren't used to it. But do them well, i mean with more than 99% without get a break of the combo.
Then move on to more stars.
Topic Starter
Bedin_old

Alea wrote:

By the time you will get better, for now you have to start playing normal songs, or maybe easy songs if you aren't used to it. But do them well, i mean with more than 99% without get a break of the combo.
Then move on to more stars.
Already did it with about 2 maps, but thanks for the tip! I will be trying it later :)
[Gaia]_old
Jogue mais.
Asop
You only have 4 hours so far so you'll get better no matter what you do as you play more. If you want to try and optimize some of your settings, just make sure that you don't have mouse accel (can enable raw input in the settings to fix this), and don't use a sensitivity that is too high or low. I'd suggest not going below 600 dpi or going above 2000 dpi at 1x sensitivity. This will change depending on what resolution you use though.

Other than that, try to get high combo and high accuracy(95+) when you try to gain ranks instead of getting low accuracy on a song that is hard for you. Also, stay away from dt. Speaking from experience here.
Topic Starter
Bedin_old
Thanks a lot!
Topic Starter
Bedin_old
To jogando sempre que possivel
KupcaH
Improvement takes time. play more
vsprite
play more
7ambda
people saying play more like they think they're cool or smth