forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Scarlet Evans
I found out about many useful things and some game mechanics perks here, so forgive me that I will ask one more thing that keeps me wonder =-) [I am HD player, just in case this matters]

Playing very high AR, I find it much easier to hit the sliders. I don't really mean slider's leniency, which don't really punish you for bad acc on score v1, but I have an impression that they are literally kind of easier to react to.
Is this just an impression or there is something behind this, like a slightly more time to react for sliders?
Or maybe I just perceive them easier because they are bigger and more visible, while there's nothing what technically makes them easier?
It really makes me curious :P
abraker

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Is this just an impression or there is something behind this, like a slightly more time to react for sliders?
I noticed this too, but have not really looked much into it. I will see what that is about when I get a chance to.
Jeremii
Do you plan on releasing a public API for osu!skills ?
abraker

abraker wrote:

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I noticed this too, but have not really looked much into it. I will see what that is about when I get a chance to.
I have not found any fade in variation between hitcircles and sliders, so the only thing left is to suspect that we better react to moving objects. Having snaking sliders enabled will do this.
Lick
Would be nice if i could submit a score that wasn't my best on a map...
Scarlet Evans

Lick wrote:

Would be nice if i could submit a score that wasn't my best on a map...
You can :) You need to use "Manual score input" on your profile page, it's located on player's profile, little below the scores:
http://puu.sh/sOkx9/2f1a3d4f3a.png

Now, you need to write in ID of map or link of it. For example, for

Renard - Love Song [insane]

you will need to paste / write either " https://osu.ppy.sh/b/211776 " or just "211776".
The number after /b/ in link is beatmap ID. Don't mistake it with ID or link to mapset, which in this case is https://osu.ppy.sh/s/74617

Also, make sure that you enter correct ID. It happened to me few times that I entered ID of the wrong difficulty. In this case, you just need to enter it again, but this time a correct one^^.

Personally, I am addicted to this button. I don't know, if it's supposed to refresh only from time to time or just once upon visiting your profile, then the next refresh is after X time, but when I play something and I did good, then even if it's within top #1000 on map or top #100 in my scores, I want to see how it affects my profile quickly.
So, I refresh it few times and upon not seeing any change, I just add a play manually. Sometimes I do this quite many times a day :D
abraker

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I don't know, if it's supposed to refresh only from time to time or just once upon visiting your profile, then the next refresh is after X time,
AFAIK it's a queue. So as soon as its turn comes in the list of requests, it updates.
Xyrus_old_1

abraker wrote:

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I don't know, if it's supposed to refresh only from time to time or just once upon visiting your profile, then the next refresh is after X time,
AFAIK it's a queue. So as soon as its turn comes in the list of requests, it updates.
Sometimes it just randomly updates old scores too...

Gudafild

How does this work?
Toy
How's that reading skill coming?
abraker

[Toy] wrote:

How's that reading skill coming?
I wish I can say it's close to done or at least an estimation to when it might be. All I can say is what I am currently doing, and that is an algorithm for circle and slider overlap calculation.
Topic Starter
Kert

Gudafild wrote:

How does this work?
You should get more scores
Scarlet Evans

Gudafild wrote:

How does this work?
It's weighted mean, where the weights are:
0.95^2,
0.95^3,
0.95^{N-1},
for N being number of your scores and 0.95^x is exponentiation.

Theoretically it works like this: all score values are sorted (descending from the highest one to the lowest one), then they are multiplied by their weights and divided by the sum of weights. We are assuming here that aside of your achieved scores, you also have infinitely many scores that are equal to 0.
In this case, sum of weights is 20, so we can simply say that N-th score is takes as: (value*0.95^{N-1})/20.
You sum up these for all your scores and you have your total skill (✿◠‿◠)

For a little insight about how the first scores impact the total value, check this, it can be useful:
p/5306937

Edit: In your case, you have just a few of the highest scores, which are not enough to overweight the rest. The first top six scores, even though they are much higher than the rest, have a total sum of weights ~26.5%, and give you a total of about ~185.42 Agility, so the total score depends mostly on the lower ones. We can say that not having enough of such high Agility scores drags you down a little.
If all your lower scores were higher, for example like this 601 one, your Agility would be much higher and equal to about 627.
Einzvern
sad, for standard players only ;w;
Kaitsu
It's such a nice idea. It's not that useful as you've meant to be but is fun and interesting! Nice!
My Angel Raphi
This is really cool and convenient. I like the titles you can get according to your skills, its very creative. I've ended up playing certain maps and focusing on certain factors just so I can get the 'sniper' title lol.
Topic Starter
Kert
Update!

You can now see player titles on ranking pages
Added links to osu! profiles
Latest 50 scores you made are also tracked now
Added flags everywhere on ranking pages
Don't forget to refresh you browser cache to see changes
unko

huh
abraker

unko wrote:

huh
Found out about that just yesterday. Yup, fun stuff...
blahpy
Are there any plans to remove banned players?
SlowLogicBoy
Any plans to implement charts on how I improved or degraded over time?

https://google-developers.appspot.com/c ... /linechart
unko

abraker wrote:

unko wrote:

huh
Found out about that just yesterday. Yup, fun stuff...
what caused it to throw this one? i didn't see weird sliders like in the aspire map
Topic Starter
Kert

blahpy wrote:

Are there any plans to remove banned players?
Whom?
PM the list of users that are banned and I will remove them

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

Any plans to implement charts on how I improved or degraded over time?
https://google-developers.appspot.com/c ... /linechart
Not sure. But sounds interesting
fieryrage
http://puu.sh/teM2w/b8188d2e63.png

nice system
this was a 5 miss and aspire was a 1 miss
why are these even in agility when they dont require aim at all
abraker

unko wrote:

what caused it to throw this one? i didn't see weird sliders like in the aspire map
Will keep in mind to post the verdict once I get to it.
Reazen
Cool idea, Maybe you can add something like "Luck" category that would depend on the number of choke scores in the top plays? It would be funny XD
Toy
Will the newly implemented multiple score submissions (for each mod combination) now allow people to submit scores to osuskills with lesser mod combinations?

E.g. If I have a HDHR score, and I set a lesser score DT play on it, will this update allow osuskills to recognize it now?
aim suck
I recently changed my name a week ago and I try to search my name and it comes up with a Korean player that hasn't played in 3 years. When trying to search my previous name, it says there is no such player. A suggestion to fix this issue is that we'd able able to search for our profile using our profile link or a sign in factor.
7ambda
when can I get my Dear You +FL pass added to memory
abraker

F1r3tar wrote:

when can I get my Dear You +FL pass added to memory
Have you tried manual score input?

[ Toy ] wrote:

I recently changed my name a week ago and I try to search my name and it comes up with a Korean player that hasn't played in 3 years. When trying to search my previous name, it says there is no such player. A suggestion to fix this issue is that we'd able able to search for our profile using our profile link or a sign in factor.
We have to manually update the player names due to how the system is setup. I'll tell kert to update it.

E.g. If I have a HDHR score, and I set a lesser score DT play on it, will this update allow osuskills to recognize it now?
That's a good question. I have not used the osu!API multiple scores were implemented, so I am not sure. I am willing to guess no, but kert would give a more accurate answer..
Scarlet Evans

abraker wrote:

That's a good question. I have not used the osu!API multiple scores were implemented, so I am not sure. I am willing to guess no, but kert would give a more accurate answer..
I don't know, if it's fully supported yet, but I've just got some low combo with +DT,HR,FL on a map that I already have +HD,HR SS on and it automatically added the score. Hooray \o/ :)

The questions that I think should be asked is: how exactly it works?

Much of automatically uploaded scores comes from Event Feed. Does event feed gives only top #1000 of best scores points-wise?

If yes, how many non-best points-wise scores from chosen mods we can get?
Do they also have some kind of event feed? Or it's like only top #100 of them that are accessible through the API?

In other words, is this like top #1000 in general + top #100 with chosen mods? Or this reaches further than that?

- - - - - -

Also, are multiple mods scores always reachable, if we try to input them manually?

- - - - - - -

About the last one, I hope they are and think they should be. If they are not, I wonder what peppy thinks about adding such possibility or when he will be able to add this. It would be really great, if we could add all scores :D
Scarlet Evans
Okay, looks like manual submission doesn't work...

I played the map again, almost doubling previous combo and decided to add it manually for more Memory points. This not only added me the old HD,HR score, but also deleted the +DT,HR,FL, which was added automatically.

It looks like osu!skills is adding some scores automatically and manual adding replaced them... I don't want to test it, but does it mean that there is only 1 skill "slot" for chosen map from player in osu!skills for now and getting some chokes with multiple-mods-combinations on maps will overwrite them?

If yes, I hope that you will support it soon ♥

EDIT (to avoid triple post xD):

Maybe some scaling of the graphs would be nice? If the players have too long skill bars, they "fuse". Trying to resize page doesn't effect it at all too.

http://osuskills.tk/user/Rafis/vs/Cookiezi

http://puu.sh/tpBIf/d879f4255f.png
http://puu.sh/tpCeC/191783c595.png
snyviper
I have a new suggestion, this time for the broken agility, and also for the precision. (this is gona be long, so I'll separate it with boxes)

Introduction
Ok, ok, I know, I understand talking bad stuff about other people's work isn't nice, but I've said many times I'm a fan of this work, and I wanna help with everything I can, ideas included.

Agility is... kinda broken, everyone knows that. The solution would be to fix it, or to remake it from scratch. I've been taking a look in precision, and it doesn't make much sense to get a skill about ability to hit small circles. I myself farmed a lot of precision points by just farming small circle maps, and one of my worst stats, if not the worst, is aim. So I thought about this, and said "why not turn agility into a speed measurement, and precision into aim measurement?" It's basically what my suggestion is, now the details will come on the boxes below:
Speed
Speed would take into account two important factors mainly, which are "distance to the next circle" and "time in which the next circle should be hit". The length of the map wouldn't affect the speed measurement, because the agility would measure the speed, and if the person can maintain the same speed for a long period of time, it's a matter of aim and/or stamina, not speed itself. (Long, fast, and straight or slightly curved sliders would award medium speed points. Long, fast and weird shaped sliders would award... a lot of speed points? Not sure). Misses would decrease speed points awarded normally, and sliderbreaks (or max combo on the map) would decrease speed points awarded slightly. I'm not sure if you would, and how you would deal with touchscreen maps (if there's anyone who use touch out there), and I wouldn't mind if square jumps were buffed and stars/triangles were nerfed, up to you to balance it the way you think it's best.
Aim
The aim would take 3 factors into account mainly, in this order: distance between circles > circle size > time between clicks. I understand it looks like the speed I mentioned above, but the key is the weightage of every factor, time between clicks would have a small weight, an example would be trying to FC a full screen jumps map with HTHR, instead of nomod, it's not much easier, the time between clicks would increase, but the circle size would decrease, it would require less speed, and more aim. The length of a map, or drain time, would also increase the aim points awarded, as it requires consistency to not break a combo. Long and weird shaped sliders would award aim points, specially if they're fast. Both misses and sliderbreaks (or max combo on the map) would heavily decrease the aim points awarded. Just like for speed, feel free to balance the square/triangle/star shaped jumps and/or touchscreen maps the way you think it's best.
Conclusion
I've been thinking about this for a very long time now, I was just afraid to put it here, I don't want you to stop working on the reading skill, finish that thing before doing anything else xD so... I really want this implemented, makes more sense somehow than "raw aim skill" and "small circle skill". The names of the skills can remain Agility and Precision though, no need to change them to speed and aim, it's just a name. I hope you like the idea.
Chemistry
Toy
Also my page is just broken lol

but would something like this count for precision despite me having an HDDT SS? Because if you can somehow integrate the multiple mod submissions to the website that would be fantastic.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7090711
azurau
Looks like there's something wrong with osu!Skills website... :(
http://osuskills.tk/user/azurau
ReptilianD
^ yup
Archangel-_old_1
really? it works perfectly for me at the moment.
maybe a bug?
spIyrg
I'm having the same issues as azurau and ReptilianD, and none of the profiles I've checked show anything other than "No scores in top 100!"
Also, will there be a HD reading skill added if there isn't one already, and will you be bringing out other mode skills?
Geek1001
https://puu.sh/trhqR/22cf87d429.png

I am also having this issue.
show more