forum

Looking for a Mouse, which is suited for osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reiko
So as mentioned above I'm looking for a new mouse, since my old mouse just broke(which is good, since it was a wireless mouse) ^^'
It should offer following things:
- cable
- DPI prefered between or the same as 800 - 1200dpi
- Good tracking (accurate)
- low latency
- price shouldn't go above 30$

Best regards,
Reikokaz!
Sayorie
Getting a good, reliable mouse less than 30$ is hard to do, so I'll just post some good choices there and suggest you to invest a little more if you really want to dedicate yourself.

Hand size?
Logitech G700 or Zowie FK1 for large hands, Roccat Kone Pure or Zowie FK2 for small ones.
How many extra buttons do you need? (Maybe you play some mmorpg or something)
Steelseries mice or a Razer Deathadder is great if you don't need much buttons. I'm not so versed with MMORPG mice (with HOLY HELL 99 BUTTONS), not a fan of those.
Heavy or light mouse?
If you want a really heavy one, Logitech G502 is really heavy (based on experience) even without the weights. The small mice suggested at the top are also light mice, you can heed on any of those.

If you're really broke, get a standard A4Tech one. Most of the computer shops here buy that kind in bulk, and they can survive a beating (especially from angery kids) while still being able to track accurately.

Edit: For those also interested about mice, I'll provide more recommendations below (just to keep mouse recs in this thread).

General tips:
DPI higher than 8000~ DPI is totally useless.
You won't need that feature. Unless you're playing a game on an IMAX resolution, that's just too quick and extremely hard to control. Finding someone who's most comfortable at 10000 DPI is probably rarer than me winning the lottery, yet I have no basis over that. I hope you get my point, though.
Laser sensor sucks.
Tried a couple of laser mice and they are not consistent with tracking. On some surfaces (especially soft/rough ones), they can't even track a straight line, which is quite rare to happen for a decent optical mouse.
Razer sucks.
Based on bias and experience. Five of my Razer peripherals died within a year (Kraken pro, Hammerhead, Deathadder, Blackwidow, Deathstalker) while the rest survived (Corsair, Ducky, Logitech, Steelseries, Sennheiser, etc.)
Wired>Wireless.
Unless you're using a Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum (or a 602, which is still pretty damn expensive), a wired connection is generally better. Not to mention wireless mice are heavier.

Light mice:
Logitech G402 - Very lightweight and affordable, front-side buttons prote to accidental clicking
Corsair M65 Optical - Pretty great mouse albeit expensive, I think you can change the accessible "sniper button" to switch to a super high DPI and make you spin spinners faster (exploit?)
Zowie FK2 - Zowie is a generally good choice of mouse, especially for CSGO players, but I think it's expensive.
Steelseries Rival, Sensei RAW (Laser) - Top-notch ergonomics. Good sensor. That's all.
Razer Deathadder - Best ergonomics, ask anyone who used the DA. My hand felt like it was melting when it landed on the mouse, and it's that good.
Roccat Kone Pure - For smaller hands, really light. Also good for claw grip. Sophisticated driver software.
Roccat Kova+ - Never tried, but it's only 98g surprisingly.
Mionix mice - No idea.

Heavy:
Logitech G502 - Really heavy without the weights, even heavier with. Lots of buttons, you might need them for productivity, who knows? The kinetic scroll wheel is fun. Wait. That actually is extremely handy when scrolling over 10k+ beatmaps.
Zowie FK1 - Not tried, people said that it is larger than the FK2 but still offers the same reliability and performance.
Logitech G600 - Who knows, you might need an extra million buttons. Still good, nonetheless.
CM Storm Mizar - Quite heavy for me, but hey, it's here on the list.

If there's any wrong info, feel free to correct me.
Endie-
I would recommend a mouse from Zowie. Top notch quality. The only downside is the functionality (no software, few buttons etc.)
My Angel Raphi

Reikokaz wrote:

So as mentioned above I'm looking for a new mouse, since my old mouse just broke(which is good, since it was a wireless mouse) ^^'
It should offer following things:
- cable
- DPI prefered between or the same as 800 - 1200dpi
- Good tracking (accurate)
- low latency
- price shouldn't go above 30$
Best regards,
Reikokaz!

You probably won't find any excellent mice for under $30 but I'd have to say that the Logitech G series are a good and safe selection. As a gaming mouse, they're all going be wired and have very good glide and low latency, as well as being considerably light weight. Most of them have extra programmable buttons and the functionality to choose your DPI.

I use a Logitech G300s btw and its pretty nice. There's 3 different files and each of them you can choose 4 different DPI settings which can then be selected by cycling with a button on the mouse.

Ooh, don't forget its ambidextrous and you can customise the lights on the mouse. Sorry if I disappoint you but when I went to the store to look at some before, the cheapest Logitech G gaming mouse was around $50 AUD.

Also, you might want to get a good mousepad if you don't have one already, using one really helped me improve.

Yours sincerely,
ozholic
NixXSkate
For under $30 your choices are:
Zalman ZM-M600R *HOT!*
Microsoft WMO1.1a (Only 400dpi and you have to overclock it, but really cheap)
Ninox Aurora
Razer Abyssus (maybe)
CM Xornet II (maybe)
Logitech G100S (G Pro has a better sensor if you want to fork the money over)
Logitech G302/303 mice people are throwing away because they don't have the hands of an alien
TakuMii

Arthraxium wrote:

Light mice:
/snip
Corsair M65 Optical (115g without weights)
Steelseries Rival (~107g)
Razer Deathadder (105g)
Roccat Kova+ ('only' 98g)
Roccat Kone Pure (gotta specify which one... the standard "Optical" version is 96g)

Heavy:
/snip
Zowie FK1 (90g?)
I think you have some of your weights backwards...
(also, I don't know why you go out of your way to mention that laser sensors suck, only to recommend a few laser mice later in your post)

Anyways, I can name a handful of mice that are both lightweight and have good optical sensors:
rip long list
Logitech G Pro (83g)
Logitech G100S (83g)
Logitech G102/G203 (85g)
Logitech G302/G303 (87g)
Logitech G403 (90g without weight)
Razer Abyssus V2 (80g)
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1A (82g)
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (72g)
Roccat Savu (87g)
Roccat Kone Pure Military (90g)
Roccat Kone Pure 2017 (88g)
Zowie FK1, FK2 (90g, 85g)
Zowie ZA series (80 to 90g)
Dream Machines DM1 Pro, DM1 Pro S (89g, 85g)
Nixeus Revel (85g)
Zalman ZM-M600R/Skydigital NMouse4K (90g) <- yes, get this one

I'd definitely recommend a lightweight mouse for this game though, as extra weight can only serve to slow you down.

But anyways...
@OP: You'd be hard-pressed to find a good mouse at that price... The Zalman ZM-M600R just barely fits under your budget (currently $29.99 on Amazon US, but that's excluding tax+shipping), and it's a fantastic option. If you're willing to stretch your budget a bit, then some of the cheaper Logitech options may also be good choices.
Besides that, the Microsoft mice I mentioned are super old and stuck at 400dpi, but they may be found for cheap. Otherwise, I'd recommend saving your money for something better, or at the very least, grab some random cheap gaming mouse that mentions an Avago 3050 or 3090 sensor on the box (but only if you're desperate).

@NixXSkate: I have nothing but bad experiences with the Ninox Aurora. Mine is bricked and sitting in my closet, while bst has pretty much disappeared, so I have no hope of ever reviving it.
Sayorie
FK1 is large, though. It might be lightweight but better for large hands, based on experience.

Basically most of the info on my post is based on experience.
Rurree
wtf i didn't know M65 nor G402 was "light" haha

OP, for that budget, I'd rather you get a Logitech G100s, that is, if you don't mind the lack of side buttons. The Logitech G102 is also a very solid choice (I own one at the moment, costed around $25) although I'm sure they aren't available in Germany, you could get them at eBay though for 30 euros + shipping.

The G302 is a very good choice as well, although the mouse is kind of a hit or miss for some people. If you get used to it though, you will love it. If you get lucky and find a used G303 for your budget range, then get that instead.
TakuMii
@Arthraxium:
The FK1 isn't even their biggest mouse :P Even then, it's still pretty lightweight, considering its size. Same goes for the G403 wired; they're fairly big, but I wouldn't really consider them heavy.

Anyways, something else I noticed in your post was about the wired/wireless mice: Only the G403 and G900 have the superior custom wireless technology, as it is a fairly recent development. I use a G602 for school purposes, and can still notice the usual wireless hiccups from time to time.
the sensor isn't too amazing either, at least compared to the wired mice I'm used to... 1.8m/s max speed with no acceleration is plenty enough for osu though
NixXSkate

TakuMii wrote:

@NixXSkate: I have nothing but bad experiences with the Ninox Aurora. Mine is bricked and sitting in my closet, while bst has pretty much disappeared, so I have no hope of ever reviving it.
It's kinda the luck of the draw. Also the Zalman always fluctuates in price, it's anywhere between $20-35 depending on when you go to the page.
SunGodRaheem
g402 is 35$ US free shipping on amazon. I bought mine recently and it's great, quality asf for the price range. The plastic cord is annoying, I tapped it to my monitor.
Rurree

SunGodRaheem wrote:

g402 is 35$ US free shipping on amazon. I bought mine recently and it's great, quality asf for the price range. The plastic cord is annoying, I tapped it to my monitor.
Get a mouse bungee. :)