forum

Closed, Moved to Haise's and Tae's.

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Lethal]
Amazing Work! Best of luck to both of you :)
Topic Starter
Reunilu

lethal_osu wrote:

This is a one person shop, actually. ><; I changed my name from SSShaymin to Reunilu and kept the Shay in the name to avoid confusion. Which reminds me, I need to take out the name since it's been long enough.

Completed Requests

NotVax
Kanna

Reunilu wrote:

lethal_osu wrote:

This is a one person shop, actually. ><; I changed my name from SSShaymin to Reunilu and kept the Shay in the name to avoid confusion. Which reminds me, I need to take out the name since it's been long enough.

Completed Requests

NotVax
Amazing Job, Thanks for the Avatar! :D
Luqanted
holy shit! welcome backk <3 <3
- Jade -
Welcome back! I'd like to make a request for an avatar, please!

Image: This! If you need a larger version, just let me know!
Size: Preferably 200x200, but whatever looks best!
Text: Jade
Transparent: No
Borders: No
Extra: Could you maybe try it with and without the text? Other than that, you can do whatever you'd like!
sky

Image: http://pm1.narvii.com/5995/6868793d1190 ... 5a2_hq.jpg
Size: Normal Avatar size
Text: Amazing
Transparent?: No
Borders?: No
Extra: Make it look, Amazing... kms
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Done!

Completed Requests

- Jade -

Amazing

Lemme know if you guys need any minor adjustments.
- Jade -

Reunilu wrote:

Done!

Completed Requests

- Jade -

It looks great! Thank you so much!
Neitel
Image:http://www.hobbyheart.com/ebay/images/A0095_2.jpg
Size:200x200
Text:Neitel
Transparent?: Yes
Borders?: Yes
Anything Else?: very cute!

Pleaseeeee :3
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Completed Requests

Neitel

Lemme know if you need me to adjust anything.
Persona-

Image: http://puu.sh/sWn3W/a2a4eb9e27.jpg
Size: 184x184
Text: Persona
Transparent?: Whichever looks nicer :D
Borders?: Yes
Anything Else?: Thanks in advance! I would be using this for my steam profile picture
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Completed Requests

Persona-

I don't know how much Steam covers up in the avatars, so I made two versions: one that's a bit more interesting aesthetic wise and one more practical. Lemme know if you need me to do any adjustments.

Housekeeping

1. Some signature examples have been replaced to better reflect the outcome of a request.
Persona-

Reunilu wrote:

Completed Requests

Persona-

I don't know how much Steam covers up in the avatars, so I made two versions: one that's a bit more interesting aesthetic wise and one more practical. Lemme know if you need me to do any adjustments.

Housekeeping

1. Some signature examples have been replaced to better reflect the outcome of a request.
OMG it looks amazing! Thanks, it fits perfectly on steam!
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Housekeeping

1. Happy belated new year's, y'all. Been busy playing Danganronpa. Well that's not completely accurate; I have been playing Danganronpa, but my sister's been like, really pushing me to play it in several hour long sittings. ^^; Some slight updates.
  2. Renders are available upon request. No order forms needed.
  3. List of what I can make has been added in the op.
  4. Intro to the GFX shop has been redone.
  5. Rules have been cleaned up somewhat to reflect some of the changes.
  6. Considering the following:
    1. OP graphic changes
    2. Changes in banner sizes
    3. Replacing avatars to clean up OP
Aryssiel
Hi Hi ~

Image: here
Size: default size? or is there another size for avatar o.o
Text: can you do one without text and another with zheva? please♥
Transparent?: I don't know if it can be transparent. No
Anything Else?: Take your time to do it great!
Topic Starter
Reunilu

Quit user wrote:

Hi Hi ~

Image link is broken. :/

The default size is just an option that's there if you don't wanna type in a specific size. Personally if the max size for avas weren't 128 x 128, I would've put defaults as 150 x 150.
Tae

Reunilu wrote:

Personally if the max size for avas weren't 128 x 128, I would've put defaults as 150 x 150.
Just gonna inform you that as long as the file size is below 88kb, then anything up to 256x256 works c:
Topic Starter
Reunilu

Tae wrote:

Just gonna inform you that as long as the file size is below 88kb, then anything up to 256x256 works c:
I'm aware that the forum supports higher resolutions (though I wasn't aware of the file size), but I'd rather not lose more quality than I already have when I resize the images in Photoshop.

Er...

I mean the resizing looks fine on the forum, but I would like the avatars to look the same as they do when I work in Photoshop.
GugUCorn

1. Image: http://static.zerochan.net/One.Punch.Ma ... 065133.jpg
  2. Size: 128x128 and x2 please
  3. Text: no text
  4. Transparent?: No
  5. Borders?: Yes
  6. Anything Else?: nope

Banners:

1. Image: http://static.zerochan.net/One.Punch.Ma ... 065133.jpg
  2. Size: 622x192
  3. Text (if any): Welcome to my page!
  4. Animation?: yes
  5. Anything else?: please make it nice! just up to you! I'm look forward to your work! ;)

thanks in advance!

sorry, i want to cancel. :o
Aryssiel

Reunilu wrote:

Quit user wrote:

Hi Hi ~

Image link is broken. :/

The default size is just an option that's there if you don't wanna type in a specific size. Personally if the max size for avas weren't 128 x 128, I would've put defaults as 150 x 150.
here does it work?
Topic Starter
Reunilu

Quit user wrote:

here does it work?
Yeah, it works! I saw your pm earlier, I was just in school when I saw it.

Here you go. Tell me if you need any changes.

Housekeeping

1. Queue has been limited to five people at a time for now. I'm back in school and while I wouldn't like to close shop for a little bit so I could get into the swing of it, at the very least I should keep myself from being overwhelmed. I did a bad when I was editing the op earlier for it. Whoops.
  2. Render examples have been added to the op. Anyone may use them at their own discretion. Some may look familiar, some are reeally old.
Aryssiel

Reunilu wrote:

Quit user wrote:

here does it work?
Yeah, it works! I saw your pm earlier, I was just in school when I saw it.

Here you go. Tell me if you need any changes.

Looks nice! :), btw can you do userpage banners like I give you a gif and render and you do the magic? :3
Topic Starter
Reunilu

Quit user wrote:

Looks nice! :), btw can you do userpage banners like I give you a gif and render and you do the magic? :3
I've never tried a formal render+GIF banner, but I can certainly make one.

Reunilu wrote:

Don't request again until a week has past.
This still applies though.
Topic Starter
Reunilu
Closing the shop for a little bit. Don't know when I'll open up and it'll likely not be never, but I need to think about some things. Particularly about the future of the shop and what I want to do with GFX.

Big spiel, may be offensive to some people?
I've mentioned before that school just started, but I've also had to admit that there are a couple other factors: one being that I frequently have art block whenever dealing with tags and banners and the like, the other being that getting canceled requests bothers me (though I'm willing to admit that at least half of it is my fault).

I don't believe it's a big secret, but I heavily loathe editing that only has cute stuff and big text all over GFX with the purpose of "making cute girl cuter/fill the canvas" instead of "make cute girl the subject of hard work". It makes me feel as though I've wasted the last four years building up my only talent. Actually, I never really realized how much I hated it until about four months after opening the shop. Is it jealousy because all the other shops are more popular, yet look like they put less effort (in my honest opinion)? Is it because I can't admit to myself that I procrastinate even though I say I love this art medium? Really, I don't know what the cause is for how I feel, but there are a couple things I know for sure because of it: one, it make me disappointed (whether it's in the customer or myself is up to you) that I get requests that say basically "cute girl. edit. resize. make" and two, I wanna teach people the meaning of working hard in GFX.

Upon considering typing up this post, I was considering a couple options, some of which I'd cry about because I'd feel so low about doing: continue as is, join a pre-existing shop, close the shop forever and dedicate my understanding of GFX to teaching in either the General Art Discussion thread or this thread, or dedicate the thread to signatures/banners only (or avatars, but ideally signatures and banners). As I've said before, I feel sometimes that the last four years of building up my one and only talent have been a waste, but I still want the forum to know there's more to GFX than cute girls and big text and I'd hate to leave the forum altogether because of what I loathe. Yet, I'm at a crossroads at what to do, both because I'm at a point in my life where someday I'm going to have to give up my one and only talent, but I still don't want to give it up.

So here I am typing up this long unneeded essay. I suppose I have to commend anyone that gets through the entire wall of text, so I'll leave something here. Even though the shop is closed, you can contact me via PM or Discord through Reunilu (Shaymin)#7631 (I don't know how this works, so play with the space between Reunilu and (Shaymin)) to ask me literally anything about GFX. Help, advice, a how-to, doesn't matter. I check both at least once a day and I get pretty bored.
Topic Starter
Reunilu

1. I've decided to add stuff to the order forms. Since I'm terrible with doing stuff, I want you guys to determine when you want stuff. No next day delivery from Monday to Wednesday for now.
  2. Deliveries will be made from Friday to Sunday.
  3. Obviously not an update, but letting y'all know that my timezone is CST.

I've moved to Haise's and Tae's GFX Shop. As such, this shop will be closed permanently.