forum

Random snapping misses

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lolol234
Hello everyone, today I'd like to address an issue that I have been facing the past few months. Pretty often, I get these random snapping misses. If the miss is halfway during a snapping sequence, at times I'm able to finish the rest without any trouble, at times I just completely fail the rest. I can stream 185BPM pretty comfortably, and I alternate, so I do not believe speed is the issue here. Here is a reply of an example of what I'm talking about:

https://puu.sh/taMMN/b0ee20ee36.osr

(Keep in mind, I did not expect this miss to happen, meaning I was pretty confident I was able to get through it without any misses)

The miss that I want to focus on is when I drop my first 54 combo. If you play it at half the normal speed, clearly, my cursor landed on the circle, yet I got a miss.

So to me, there are two possibilities.

1) My tapping was on cue but my cursor was on and off the circle too fast
2) My cursor was fine but my tapping was not on cue (either too early for it to be even a 50, too late, or I didn't even press the key)

This kind of miss happens much less when I train square jumps as warmup before I started to get into actual game play.

What should I do? Perhaps train alternating speed a bit more? Switch to single tapping?
KupcaH
you should play more. Alternating or single tapping doesn't matter.
Also, focus on circles more.
N0thingSpecial
Even without reading I would just say consistency issue, basically play more.
Sayorie
Lots of reasons are possible.

I had this problem a while ago, and my problem was just outdated tablet drivers on a new PC which introduced a large input delay. I was missing because of that.
Also try to change tapping keys? Sometimes it might also be a keyboard problem.
Else, you might need to practice consistency on jumps and spend more playtime whilst pinpointing on your actual problem.

Anyway just keep experimenting on stuff to find where the source of your problem lies.
dung eater
try to always not miss
Topic Starter
lolol234

N0thingSpecial wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

I had this problem a while ago, and my problem was just outdated tablet drivers on a new PC which introduced a large input delay. I was missing because of that.
Else, you might need to practice consistency on jumps and spend more playtime whilst pinpointing on your actual problem.

Anyway just keep experimenting on stuff to find where the source of your problem lies.

jaaakb wrote:

try to always not miss
Thanks all for the feedback. Are there any maps that trains consistency for this section of skill?
Sayorie
Just play more.
Paneiru

mus1cholic wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

jaaakb wrote:

try to always not miss
Thanks all for the feedback. Are there any maps that trains consistency for this section of skill?
Just play maps with a lot of linear straight jumps which goes in a single line (maps with as few sharp angles as possible). Instead of trying to move your mouse with constant speed through the notes while timing the hits, try to snap to each individual circle and make sure to tap after the cursor has stopped before moving on to the next circle to build good habits.
Endie-
Play long maps if you want to practice consistency.
Play more in general really
My Angel Raphi
HT always helps too on the really intense maps, it gets you used to the movement and snapping.