forum

why do I am so bad at clicking?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akagami28599
Somehow I am really bad at clicking in osu... It doesnt matter if i use mouse or keyboard. If i play in normal mode i do a 4,45 stars rated map with "nofail" mod. If I play the same map in "mouse only" mode i get a SS... I got on a 5,34 stars rated map an accuracy of 96,8 %. Is this normal??? btw I have 585 pp.

EDIT: I only get 82% accuracy on 4,45 stars in normal mode and 96,8 % on 5,34 stars in mouse only mode.
Caput Mortuum
You are not ready for 4+ yet.
Try to play easier songs.
Topic Starter
Akagami28599
I find easier beatmaps kinda boring
kai99
When I feel like that, I usually go to Tillerino. Btw the reason you barely pass 4,45 is probably because you're not ready for it, like the other guy said...
Alea
Could be that you need to practice more with easier songs as they said.
Topic Starter
Akagami28599
but why is the difference at playing with clicking and without so big?
KupcaH
Play more.
Caput Mortuum

Akagami28599 wrote:

I've just realized you mean the Relax mod.
Yes it makes very big difference. This is a rhythm game, you have to click accurately to the song, not just mash them.
Reason why you can't play 5* is because they usually have a much tighter timing window, compared to 3* maps. That's why you have to start from the bottom.
I can pass caramel heaven dt with relax mod on.
Without relax? Not even nomod.
Outline
Play more easier maps and slowly go up in difficulty in terms of decimals and not whole numbers. You could also just try harder maps for a long time until you're finally able to play them, but if you're looking for ranks I wouldn't recommend this.
AsyouSaidsir
When playing with nomod you need to focus on two tasks, clicking and aiming at the same time. When playing with relax (mouse-only) you only focus on aiming which makes it way, WAY easier. Not to mention that with relax the BPM of the song basically doesn't matter.
You have only ~600pp, 5 stars is still out of your reach, the most suitable difficulties for you now are probably around ~3*.
Paneiru

Akagami28599 wrote:

Coordinating your hands together is not an easy task. If your tapping hand is lagging a bit behind the aiming hand, you might find yourself clicking after the cursor has left the circle, and if the tapping hand is a bit faster you might tap before the cursor is even above the circle. While playing with relax, If you hover your mouse over a circle and leave the circle before the hitcircle is in place, the relax mod will make sure that it registers a click before the cursor is off. Because of this, you are not required to snap your cursor at all which will be detrimental to your aim. Early on it's a good practice to snap the cursor from circle to circle even if the circles are linearly placed in a straight line instead of just moving the mouse at a constant speed. To be honest a lot of times it's more tempting to move the cursor in curved motions in some patterns, but I assure you you will benefit a lot more if you learn how to snap properly if you're going to stick to using a mouse. For example doing square jumps without snapping is a pure pain.

That being said, it's fine to play hard maps that are way out of your comfort zone, but ultimately if you want to gain consistency in both holding a combo or accuracy try to play maps that you can FC without having to spend 50+ plays on it. I'm not telling you to stop playing hard maps, but try to play a bigger variety of maps, not just hard ones. Additionally, instead of trying to replay the same song over and over again, set a limit for how many times you can replay the map before you have to move on to another map, because you can always return to the map in another day. Playing the same map over and over again only learns you how to play that specific map, and in the long run it just becomes a matter of memorization.
Sayorie

Akagami28599 wrote:

You're already 'doing' 4*+, but still not technically playing osu!.

The moment your reading gets accustomed to the speed of AR9+ while you still can't click 3* beatmaps, you'll be in a very awkward spot. IDK if it's a good analogy, but it's like trying to learn 7K mania while being already proficient in 4K. Clicking goes all over the damn place, and the objects are too slow for the eyes. It's a frustrating grind. This is why you don't play Relax for improvement. Click+aim coordination is essential.
My Angel Raphi

Akagami28599 wrote:

well you gotta be patient dood