forum

DT takes no skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meah
Why do lots of players says DT takes no skill,
But passing any high difficulty maps takes a lot of skill.

Followed by "enjoy the game"
Isn't clicking circles with your favorite songs and maps enjoyable already?
Blitzfrog
Play more
Deez nuts on you chin
Eat a brick
Blitzfrog
Honestly people are just salty :/
This game doesn't take any consideration for speed without consistency, being able to DT pass immortal flames should give more PP than FCing 2 star but that's not how this game works.
So PP is overated and stupid, if DT takes no skill, please DT Big Black
B1rd
DT used to take no skill. Now mappers have learnt how to make nomod into shitty farm maps, so nomod and DT take no skill equally.
Zain Sugieres
DT takes no skill it true
_handholding
it very true, that's why I don't have much pp because I don't want to look like a baddie with DT maps
Yuudachi-kun
Tfw still have dt scores in the top 5 for that mod

fcs too
7ambda

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Tfw still have dt scores in the top 10 for that mod

fcs too
ftfy
Yuudachi-kun

F1r3tar wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Tfw still have dt scores in the top 10 for that mod

fcs too
ftfy
I can go find more

[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
dt takes no skill cuz you're a smelly 5 digit
moya
shut up you apink loving koreaboo filipino subhuman
_Hatsumi
Because NC ftw, that's why(?)
kouzuki_karen
memes
gort
DT does take skill, it's just that many DT maps are overrated in terms of PP. That doesn't mean DT isn't hard. Lots of people who say DT takes "no skill" are relatively new players who can't play DT themselves.
ColdTooth

Geriax wrote:

DT does take skill, it's just that many DT maps are overrated in terms of PP. That doesn't mean DT isn't hard. Lots of people who say DT takes "no skill" are relatively new players who can't play DT themselves.
i take it you can't detect sarcasm well
Zain Sugieres

Geriax wrote:

DT isnt hard
johnmedina999
I can't play DT.
My reaction time is not compatible with AR being any higher than 8.
Kyomaku

johnmedina999 wrote:

I can't play DT.
My reaction time is not compatible with AR being any higher than 8.
Don't worry about it though. It comes naturally with time. It's primarily muscle memory, you don't need any gifted reaction time for AR10. Only thing that might hinder you physically is dirty glasses, dirty monitor and a bad monitor (slow refresh rate, mine has 144hz which is solid).

Edit:

Other things that might hold you back in terms of reactions is:
- The skin you use (transparent skins are harder to react to but useful if you're already quite good at higher AR's)
- Background (personally recommend to always dim the BG 100%)
- small circle size (I always found smaller circles more difficult to react to, so if you're playing in a small window, that might make it harder for you, don't know how others feel about this though. Small window has the advantage tho, that you have everything in your sight and don't need to move your eyes/head much)
johnmedina999
Eh, I guess like everything else, practice is key. I don't really mind too much, though, as standard isn't my main game mode, I just play it from time to time when I'm bored.

I thought practicing some songs on HR with AR7-8 would be a good first step, but then the circles start getting too small for me to click on them accurately in 300ms

Thanks for the advice, though.
Kyomaku
I don't think I ever practiced for AR, it just happened that I was suddenly able to read a higher AR. Biggest impact was dimming the background for me though. Something you can do if you specifically want to train higher AR is edit the map. F3, 5 should get you into the editor, find the map settings and edit the AR up until you start feeling uncomfortable I guess and you can try playing with that AR on different maps until you get used to it and then raise it again etc. Don't retry the same map over and over though, you'll start memorizing and won't read/react as much anymore.
ColdTooth
Try using relax w/ HD DT on AR9 maps. Good practice IMO
Yuudachi-kun
Some dt maps are hard
Some dt maps are easy
Some nomod maps are hard
Some nomod maps are easy
levesterz
ColdTooth

levesterz wrote:

in other words play more
show more