forum

Inconsistency with Alternating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
I fully alternate but at the end of most of my songs my middle finger's key always seem to have more key presses by about 5-10 presses. I don't know where the double presses happen and was wondering if there is a way to slow the replays slower than .5x speed or if the matter is not reallly an issue or if it will resolve it self one day.
P.S. I kinda wanna have even key presses just bc ;-;
tfg50
There's a way to do it on the latest release p/5407621
Topic Starter
Domo3311
I tried to change the speed of the replay with 5-9 but it doesn't work :/
-Yuni
I go through the same, for me it's most noticeable in maps that have a lot of burst streams, require a lot of tapping and not many jumps, igorr maps are an example.
Kazutora
Single tap for a week with your index finger instead of your middle. Then after a week switch back to alternating. You gotta stick to it though or you won't see any improvement.
Topic Starter
Domo3311

Kazutora wrote:

Single tap for a week with your index finger instead of your middle. Then after a week switch back to alternating. You gotta stick to it though or you won't see any improvement.
How does single tapping with my other finger help solve the problem? Won't it make me want to tap more with my index resulting in more index key presses when i go back to alternating? o.o
Nattsun
You probably don't have even taps, because of some tricky parts. I always start a stream with my index finger, no matter what the pattern was before, so it usually results in more index finger taps on stream maps. On superslowparts, like one circle every few seconds I stick to my middle finger. I guess some patterns force you to start with a certain finger and that is the reason why you don't have even taps.

PS: I'm alternating too, but I couldn't care less about how "even" I tap, in the end it feels melodic how I do c:
Topic Starter
Domo3311

Cirno9 wrote:

You probably don't have even taps, because of some tricky parts. I always start a stream with my index finger, no matter what the pattern was before, so it usually results in more index finger taps on stream maps. On superslowparts, like one circle every few seconds I stick to my middle finger. I guess some patterns force you to start with a certain finger and that is the reason why you don't have even taps.

PS: I'm alternating too, but I couldn't care less about how "even" I tap, in the end it feels melodic how I do c:
Yeah i figured that was the case but i dont know WHERE i make them double taps ya feel idk if its bc of triples or streams etc
Fxjlk
A possible fix is to play maps with slow streams or low bpm and build up the speed as you get better. From this you can train your fingers into an even rhythm as you can feel every press rather than it feeling like a mashing blur.

Also you might not actually double tap and have the same problem that I do where if there is a break of 2 seconds or more I always start on z even if I ended on z which means there is a larger amount of z presses.
Topic Starter
Domo3311

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

A possible fix is to play maps with slow streams or low bpm and build up the speed as you get better. From this you can train your fingers into an even rhythm as you can feel every press rather than it feeling like a mashing blur.

Also you might not actually double tap and have the same problem that I do where if there is a break of 2 seconds or more I always start on z even if I ended on z which means there is a larger amount of z presses.
I've actually tried to do low bpm maps but the problem still happens and i can't pinpoint the problem :/ and regarding that break of 2 seconds or more i use the key press thing on the right side to know where i leave off xp
uziii
Alea
I usually play with H and G, using the H (index finger) to single tap, and using the ''G'' (middle finger) just to do the notes when they are coming in a stream or are triple or double. It shouldn't affect you.