I dislike it.
4.90%
I hate it!
1.77%
Total votes: 734
show more
Redon
Yuudachi-kun
Actual good mania charts are getting scoreboards rather than just having ranked trash so it's good.
Toshiyuki Doma
Is it alright to nominate a beatmap even it's your own or not?
Stefan

Saturnalize wrote:

Love
You seriously did that.

OT: Quite hard to describe about the special mode maps there is just a handful of actual gimmick maps. No idea how well it goes in Standard but generally, we should rather take gimmick maps than just hard stuff. As well, true Marathon maps (longer compilation, albums such as The Unforgiving, etc.) should take place in these category if the audience exist.
FireMelter
Its pretty good. MORE MAPS, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
MrKosiej
It's good, but not as good as it could be.
Aurele
It just makes me think of the old definition of an 'Approved' map
troke
i love my ex it yeah, not going to ranked a map but someone tell me to rank a map, so this "Loved" is pretty good
Arras
I'm with Stefan - imo, there's too many maps in there already that are just hard instead of being original or creative. I'd love to see more silly gimmick maps, especially given how hard it is to rank them. Something like this would fit perfectly in Loved without getting a ridiculous amount of dislikes simply for being unique. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/418097
Seat Ibiza TDI
I want my heart will go one be jesse loved pls
xasuma
Glad to see "easier" maps being added as well, not just 7*+ . I like
AncuL
some people was dissapointed that their favourite maps doesn't give pp
huu
I think Loved is honestly one of the best systems osu! has ever introduced, my biggest issue is the infrequency of map voting. Make it more often (like once a week) and don't forget to include some easier maps there too.

Also, I'd love for a couple of maps to get Loved someday, notably maybe:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/165991
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/284931
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/339939
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/388825

But apart from voting needing to be more often, "Loved" is great.
lemonguy
Is there a set time on how often loved voting is? Because it seems totally random right now.
Colin
n0ah
I like the loved concept more for the gimmicky maps like rustbells graces of heaven better than just regular hard maps
blahpy

blahpy wrote:

I think it's a really good thing but I feel like the votes aren't often enough at the moment? The last one was a month from the previous one...
What happened to every week lol x_x
Luqanted
this feature was really a great idea at feature request and one of the feature that was really implemented fast
FireMelter
Still waiting for Vote nr.4 ... thats the only thing you need to change :/
moni

FireMelter wrote:

+1 it takes too long time
n0ah
I dont mind waiting a month but id like for it to be on the same day every month, the 28th for example (or at the start of each month)
Des9
more loved maps ;(
Des9

FireMelter wrote:

I agree
Rocma
When is next vote ;w;
7ambda
You better double the voting since it's taking this long.
Izzz
could we get some insight on how you choose what maps go up for voting? seems a bit odd to limit the map choices as you have been imo, especially since the choices seem to be pretty subjective themselves.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
The choices are a conglomerate of recommendation from various places in the community, adjusted for favourite and general engagement with the map overall.

Voting likely isn't going to continue in its current format past this current cycle, or perhaps one more. Would much rather see the full implementation go in at this point.

That being said, if implementation is not possible, I might double (2 threads per mode) the number of map selections to help expedite the process.
Kimitakari
So does this means it will be 2 pools every single week?
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Per mode, every 2-3 weeks. We'll see. Nothing's set in stone yet.
Avratzzz

blahpy wrote:

I think it's a really good thing but I feel like the votes aren't often enough at the moment? The last one was a month from the previous one...
plus, i disagree with the fact hard maps in the loved state is a bad thing, there's already tons of easy maps ranked and a lot of experimental/gimmick/hard maps which cannot reach the ranked status, so it makes me pretty sad when stuff with the qualifications of a ranked map go to a loved state instead...

but i'm pretty sure it can be fixed with new ways to make a map loved
Des9
....so.... what happen?
Mamat
I think loved maps need more filter, so the map who loved can be fun to play. (Quality over quantity)
Xinnoh
^ Would like to be able to sort by user rating, not sure why that isn't a thing

Also, now that the system changed from voting to star priority, it looks like Tokyo is going to be the first and last set by a CtB mapper that makes the loved section. Are there any plans to fix this so that CtB mappers aren't permanently banned from the loved section?
Pachiru

willia02 wrote:

I think loved maps need more filter, so the map who loved can be fun to play. (Quality over quantity)
I agree with willia, there should be more conditions to have the map into loved sections, because some maps are in Loved and they are not really good. But that's just my opinion.
Sayori-kun
It was cool until the changed the loved system by removing the community voting. (RIP fun maps)
Kyujuroku 96

SayoriKirigaya wrote:

It was cool until the changed the loved system by removing the community voting. (RIP fun maps)
Is not a big deal. AFAIK to apply for loved maps need a certain amount of favourites and stars, so favourite the map to support it
Mamat

S v p e r wrote:

SayoriKirigaya wrote:

Is not a big deal. AFAIK to apply for loved maps need a certain amount of favourites and stars, so favourite the map to support it
Yes, I agree with S v p e r. Loved maps with favourite system are most likely to have a good quality and almost everyone like to play it. For example, if a player who like playing a map frequently, he/she will add it to his/her favourite list. Thus, loved maps aren't based on one time vote but on continuous vote.
Sayori-kun

Pyrozen wrote:

S v p e r wrote:

Yes, I agree with S v p e r. Loved maps with favourite system are most likely to have a good quality and almost everyone like to play it. For example, if a player who like playing a map frequently, he/she will add it to his/her favourite list. Thus, loved maps aren't based on one time vote but on continuous vote.
Yeah but I'm affraid with what Sinnoh said becomes true.

Sinnoh wrote:

Also, now that the system changed from voting to star priority, it looks like Tokyo is going to be the first and last set by a CtB mapper that makes the loved section.
There are still many above 10* CtB maps that is "fun" to play that everyone didn't notice like Pacific Girls, Satori De Pon!, AiAe...
(Good thing CLSW made aesthetic maps now :^) )
Sayori-kun
So now it's dead?