forum

Seiryu - BLUE DRAGON

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seijiro
actually rebub because there was an unsnapped object on the Advanced diff I missed
Doyak

MrSergio wrote:

actually rebub because there was an unsnapped object on the Advanced diff I missed
Rebub where
fieryrage
tried fixing aesthetics as much as possible throughout the modding process lol, though imo it's a hell of a lot better than what it was when i first mapped it like 9 months ago

i like to think i was stupid back then in terms of following the rhythm but i probably still am, will keep in mind for the future tho!
Bonsai
Great to see that some of the diffs have been improved so much, thanks a lot for putting all that effort into this mapset, Sergio! :D

Here it goes, Happy New Year BD, maybe we'll meet soon :^P
_Meep_
Genre is unspecified?
Doyak

_Meep_ wrote:

Genre is unspecified?
It can only be set by QATs I think, so just wait for them to set.
NightOwl2023
This mapset is great, I really hope it gets ranked!

I would give star priority, but since I'm a lowly 100k player here is my seal of approval:

Luel Roseline
Yes!
Akasha-
It's necessary to add the game name to source
I know it's full ver, and in game only used short ver but still need to add source, just like p/5411239

"First Music Game Appearance: jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) BLUE DRAGON / 青龍 pack / REFLEC BEAT plus BLUE DRAGON / 青龍 PACK / ポップンリズミン 青龍パック

Other Music Game Appearances:
jubeat saucer fulfill
REFLEC BEAT colette -All Seasons-"

adding jubeat plus to source is the best way. This is a very minor issue, can be changed quickly

Just my opinion.
Doyak
Uhh is this song originally made "for" the game? Or is this inserted in that later?
Akasha-
According to some informations I got
The album released on Dec 25th,2013
The song added to the first game was: Jan 26th, 2014

However, as long as it's official now, it's still fine to add it to source, unless you rank the song between Dec 25th, 2013 and Jan 26th, 2014
Just like this one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/267767

(The song came before the game added it to official.)
Doyak
Well if the song isn't composed for the game, I think it's better not to put it in the source since the composer wasn't like "I made this song to put this in that game", and I think I saw this case on a newer map than the one you linked.
Better ask KwaN?

edit: Hmm idk if it's supposed to be part of the game when the album was released, as the period between them is pretty short.
Monstrata
It doesn't seem like the song was made specifically for a certain game, just that it was added to a few games shortly after being published. Looking at other tracks from the Blue Dragon album, some of the other songs ended up being debuted in different games.

For example, . waxing and wanding(BD MIX) from the same album debuts in the game "beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD"
Critical Crystal(BD MIX) debuts in the game "beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA"

So we can see that different tracks from that album went to different games and didn't debut at the same time. It makes me think that the song wasn't originally made for any particular game, and therefore the Source is optional rather than necessary.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
as far as i've researched the album came before the appearance in the game so i just put it to tags

either way if there's any DQable issue please tell, as I'm not in my country for 2 weeks and wont be able to do a quick fix
grumd
adding that game to the source is kinda the same as adding "osu!" to source after we rank it.

> source
noun
1. any thing or place from which something comes, arises, or is obtained; origin

if the origin of the song is not the game, but rather an album released half a year earlier, then the game is not its source by any means. you only should add something to source if it was the song's first appearance

on the other note, fucking yesssss congrats for rank mr bd
Ibuki Suika
Finally you do it...
Because I was recommended to you before?(maybe in the end of 2013....
Shiranai
Hey, grats BD :)

I want to ask, why you named your highest diff Blue Dragon while you have Blue Dragon as your username? Afaik the rc said a custom highest diff name can't be reffered to an username. So maybe a clarify would be good, since many people might took this map as reference for naming their diff in the future xD
Kuron-kun
He named the diff "Blue Dragon" because it's the title of the song, not because of his username. :D
Shiranai
Yeaah I know, but still it may mislead people and kind of weird lol. Because if it referred to the title, then I think you still have plenty of choice to named it more properly like The Great Blue Dragon or something so it'll a bit different to your username :p

Anyway hope this ranked soon~
Natsu

Mako Sakata wrote:

Yeaah I know, but still it may mislead people and kind of weird lol. Because if it referred to the title, then I think you still have plenty of choice to named it more properly like The Great Blue Dragon or something so it'll a bit different to your username :p

Anyway hope this ranked soon~
I think in this case is fine tbh
Kyouren
Gratzz! :D
Seijiro

Doyak wrote:

_Meep_ wrote:

Genre is unspecified?
It can only be set by QATs I think, so just wait for them to set.
or GMT + BN :p
but it's not up to me to change/fix that anyway.

Gratz~
IamKwaN
Oh wow, PPAP pops up in my mind.

PPAP is released before it appears in jubeat Qubell, i.e. the song itself is not made for the game. It was added after it gains much popularity and turned into a meme. Therefore, I'd say it is 100% up to the creator to choose whether to put that into the Source, does it make sense?

http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/jubeat/qube ... list1.html
Tarrasky
boa bd
loloplayer420_DELETED

Mako Sakata wrote:

Hey, grats BD :)

I want to ask, why you named your highest diff Blue Dragon while you have Blue Dragon as your username? Afaik the rc said a custom highest diff name can't be reffered to an username. So maybe a clarify would be good, since many people might took this map as reference for naming their diff in the future xD
Just take a look: BLUE DRAGON (Seiryu) - BLUE DRAGON. Why isnt it fine to name the Diff [Blue Dragon] ? When there would be a map: xi - xi, I would name the final diff [xi] xD
omgh_old
ghbkjrgh4thgjkthgkjthghtk
anaelisa121
easy has no timing points :o
Lanturn

anaelisa121 wrote:

easy has no timing points :o
The timing point is located at 00:23:108 - If you look in the editor, you'll notice the red bar, which is an uninherited timing point. There are also a few green timing points (inherited ones) throughout the diff.