forum

Manaka Kataoka & Atsuko Asahi - Toy Day (Orchestral Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Myxo
Recheck

Easy:
00:49:995 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Suddenly more NCs than even in the higher diffs? You probably want to make this consistent.

Hard:
Sometimes the stream spacings are a little bit inconsistent at the end of them. If you have problems making streams with consistent spacing throughout leading into a slider that is already there, just ctrl+g everything, remake the stream starting from the slider, and then ctrl+g again.
There are also some NC inconsistencies which I guess are not intentional.
00:30:750 (9,10,11,12,13,1) - Stream spacing issue
00:40:372 (9,10,11,12,1) - Same
01:21:693 - Add NC
01:23:957 - Remove NC
01:26:221 - Add NC

Call me.
Topic Starter
polka

Desperate-kun wrote:

Recheck

Easy:
00:49:995 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Suddenly more NCs than even in the higher diffs? You probably want to make this consistent.

Hard:
Sometimes the stream spacings are a little bit inconsistent at the end of them. If you have problems making streams with consistent spacing throughout leading into a slider that is already there, just ctrl+g everything, remake the stream starting from the slider, and then ctrl+g again.
There are also some NC inconsistencies which I guess are not intentional.
00:30:750 (9,10,11,12,13,1) - Stream spacing issue
00:40:372 (9,10,11,12,1) - Same
01:21:693 - Add NC
01:23:957 - Remove NC
01:26:221 - Add NC

Call me.
Changed everything suggested. Good call on those NCs on hard.
Myxo
Bubbled! :3
Topic Starter
polka

Desperate-kun wrote:

Bubbled! :3
Thank you desperate-kun!
Yuii-
Despe, the hitsounds!! aaaaaaa

Popping Desperate-kun's bubble as there is a problem with hitsounds. You cannot silence both sliderslide and slidertick, it's unrankable.

General

Just listing things that must be fixed.

1. You will have to delete either soft-sliderslide or soft-slidertick to push this mapset forward. I would strongly suggest you to remove soft-slidertick because it will be barely noticeable.
  2. 00:00:184 (1) - 100% volume for this spinner is way too much. You could try using more volumes here as stated in the point below but if you don't want to add more volumes on this one, please, lower the red line's volume to 80%. Also, you could add a whistle, it'd be nice!
  3. 01:35:278 (1) - Playing with green line's volume for this spinner would be more professional. It should actually start on 01:32:872 - to give the players the effect of a "fade out". Let me explain you what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/kWRwPk7.jpg . You basically reduce the volume every time the music is starting to go more and more quiet. Silencing the spinnerend is a must do, though.
  4. 00:48:014 (1,1) - 01:05:844 (1,1) - (on Advanced) Recovery time isn't enough for this difficulty, I would suggest you to replace it for sliders as you did with the Normal difficulty.
  5. 00:17:165 (10,11,12) - 00:26:221 (10,11,12) - (on Hard) These should be 1/6 instead.
Easy

1. 00:38:674 (2) - There is a whistle missing on its head.
  2. 01:12:070 (2) - Really minor aesthetical issue here. I don't really tend to mention stuff like this on my mods because they are very minor, but they look cool. Anyway, if you could move 01:12:070 (2,1) - these notes to x304 y180 your patterns would look better, (1) would flow directly towards (2) making it more pleasant to look at. Here's what I mean http://i.imgur.com/UYdJgoH.jpg .
Normal

1. 00:21:693 (5) - Too noisy when it's right before 00:22:259 (6) - . I would just leave the clap and remove the other hitsounds (speaking of (5)).
  2. 00:23:674 (2,3) - I would just unstack these. It's the only pattern in the whole section that is using a stack like this, every other pattern is properly separated. Consider unstack.
  3. 00:27:353 - Let me talk about this section for a while:
    00:27:353 (1,2,3,4) - I strongly believe you can make a better pattern. It's not that it's bad or something, but the flow is kind of weird, to be fair. You would normally see patterns that flow way more circularly to match with every other pattern in the difficulty, such as http://i.imgur.com/MkXlfmP.jpg but that isn't the case with this one. Could you please take a look into it?
    00:29:617 (4) - I know it's in the music, but it sounds extremely loud and unpleasant. I would suggest you to change the finish on its tail for a whistle. It's something personal because adding claps/finishes on lower difficulties when there is an object right next to a slidertail's clap/finish it usually sounds off due to volume.
    00:30:750 (6) - This shouldn't have a Finish, by the way!
    It's also weird to see 00:30:750 (6) - that circle being completely linear to 00:30:184 (5) - when (4,5) are not being placed that way, so you could either move (6) a bit more to the left/right to match with this pattern! Basically something like http://i.imgur.com/zSeHQzo.jpg . I would prefer left for consistency, but both work!
  4. 01:27:070 (2,3,4) - Circle + double 1/2 slider patterns are usually very hard to follow on these baby difficulties because players will lose the sense of rhythm. You could remove 01:27:070 (2) - for the sake of adding less difficulty, or trying a different rhythm that helps players to avoid this specific problem.
Advanced

I really, really liked this difficulty. Just mentioning a couple of things for aesthetical thingies.

1. 00:04:712 (1) - This would actually look better if the curve would be right side up. Just Ctrl+J the slider and re-place it!
  2. 00:21:693 (7) - The same thing I mentioned on the previous difficulty about this circle being linear with the previous slider when it shouldn't be like this applies to this note as well :P
  3. 00:23:957 (3) - It would actually look better if it'd be identical to 00:22:825 (1) - since they make a very similar sound.
  4. 00:29:900 (5) - Same thing I mentioned on Normal, I'd just leave the clap.
  5. 01:28:485 (5,6) - Feels kind of weird to have these stacked like that when this pattern isn't shown anywhere else on the difficulty... I might be wrong, though.
Hard

1. 00:00:184 (1) - Having the spinner finishing at that spot is very weird as there's no audible beat to make it worth "clicking". I would strongly suggest you to finish this spinner at 00:04:146 - instead.
  2. 00:39:240 (7,8) - What's up with these sliders? They look very different from every other and they are not very adding any special impact on the map because there's nothing in the background music that support them, unfortunately. The concept is "okay", but the execution might not be the best one :(
  3. 00:40:938 (1) - Minor, move this 1 pixel to the left so it's consistent.
  4. 00:43:768 (5,7) - Overlap here looks ugly and that's not the real intention of this pattern. Would be nice if you could actually move the stream to stack it under 00:43:202 (4) - 's tail! Aaaalso, since we are at it, move 00:45:467 (1) - 1 pixel up to make it consistent with the rest of the stream.
  5. 00:47:872 (1) - Add a finish hitsound, it would match with the song!

[]

Call me back for a re-check! :)
Myxo
The recovery time in Advanced is enough on this low BPM.
The triplets on Hard play much more intuitively as 1/4. The mapper had it changed to 1/6 already but he didn't really like it and neither did I, so we changed it back. It's perfectly fine as a simplification here.
I overlooked the sliderslide/tick issue though, sorry.
Yuii-
Gotcha! Good to know, thanks for it.

I thought simplification of 1/6 could only be done for 1/3 snaps. My bad. Feel free to leave the 1/4s then. Also, I would still prefer the spinner to be changed for sliders as the following patterns aren't really centered, so it's better to keep it calm as the rest of the difficulty and to fit the song!
Topic Starter
polka

Yuii- wrote:

Despe, the hitsounds!! aaaaaaa

Popping Desperate-kun's bubble as there is a problem with hitsounds. You cannot silence both sliderslide and slidertick, it's unrankable. :arrow: BUT THEY"RE BOTH SO USELESSSSS

General

Just listing things that must be fixed. :arrow: owo

1. You will have to delete either soft-sliderslide or soft-slidertick to push this mapset forward. I would strongly suggest you to remove soft-slidertick because it will be barely noticeable. :arrow: Yaaaa done.
  2. 00:00:184 (1) - 100% volume for this spinner is way too much. You could try using more volumes here as stated in the point below but if you don't want to add more volumes on this one, please, lower the red line's volume to 80%. Also, you could add a whistle, it'd be nice! :arrow: doone
  3. 01:35:278 (1) - Playing with green line's volume for this spinner would be more professional. It should actually start on 01:32:872 - to give the players the effect of a "fade out". Let me explain you what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/kWRwPk7.jpg . You basically reduce the volume every time the music is starting to go more and more quiet. Silencing the spinnerend is a must do, though. :arrow: I think I fixed?
  4. 00:48:014 (1,1) - 01:05:844 (1,1) - (on Advanced) Recovery time isn't enough for this difficulty, I would suggest you to replace it for sliders as you did with the Normal difficulty. :arrow: I disagree. The song is barely 100 bpm. It's plenty of time.
  5. 00:17:165 (10,11,12) - 00:26:221 (10,11,12) - (on Hard) These should be 1/6 instead. :arrow: No thanks. I'd like to keep it simplified. 1/6 was not consistent and did not play right.
Easy

1. 00:38:674 (2) - There is a whistle missing on its head. :arrow: k
  2. 01:12:070 (2) - Really minor aesthetical issue here. I don't really tend to mention stuff like this on my mods because they are very minor, but they look cool. Anyway, if you could move 01:12:070 (2,1) - these notes to x304 y180 your patterns would look better, (1) would flow directly towards (2) making it more pleasant to look at. Here's what I mean http://i.imgur.com/UYdJgoH.jpg . :arrow: That doesn't fit my style Im sorry ou o;
Normal

1. 00:21:693 (5) - Too noisy when it's right before 00:22:259 (6) - . I would just leave the clap and remove the other hitsounds (speaking of (5)). :arrow: u right u right
  2. 00:23:674 (2,3) - I would just unstack these. It's the only pattern in the whole section that is using a stack like this, every other pattern is properly separated. Consider unstack. :arrow: Ill keep these stacked. Looks nicer.
  3. 00:27:353 - Let me talk about this section for a while: :arrow: :/
    00:27:353 (1,2,3,4) - I strongly believe you can make a better pattern. It's not that it's bad or something, but the flow is kind of weird, to be fair. You would normally see patterns that flow way more circularly to match with every other pattern in the difficulty, such as http://i.imgur.com/MkXlfmP.jpg but that isn't the case with this one. Could you please take a look into it? :arrow: Sorry, I don't like how what you suggested looks.
    00:29:617 (4) - I know it's in the music, but it sounds extremely loud and unpleasant. I would suggest you to change the finish on its tail for a whistle. It's something personal because adding claps/finishes on lower difficulties when there is an object right next to a slidertail's clap/finish it usually sounds off due to volume. :arrow: I disagree, I think it sounds nice and is a good unique part in the song that should be captured.
    00:30:750 (6) - This shouldn't have a Finish, by the way! :arrow: k
    It's also weird to see 00:30:750 (6) - that circle being completely linear to 00:30:184 (5) - when (4,5) are not being placed that way, so you could either move (6) a bit more to the left/right to match with this pattern! Basically something like http://i.imgur.com/zSeHQzo.jpg . I would prefer left for consistency, but both work! :arrow: I will leave it as is because your ideas make it look crowded imo.
  4. 01:27:070 (2,3,4) - Circle + double 1/2 slider patterns are usually very hard to follow on these baby difficulties because players will lose the sense of rhythm. You could remove 01:27:070 (2) - for the sake of adding less difficulty, or trying a different rhythm that helps players to avoid this specific problem. :arrow: I didnt know that :o changed.
Advanced

I really, really liked this difficulty. Just mentioning a couple of things for aesthetical thingies. :arrow: IM GLAD YOU LIIKE IT

1. 00:04:712 (1) - This would actually look better if the curve would be right side up. Just Ctrl+J the slider and re-place it! :arrow: Part of my style. I like the fun bounce in flow it creates.
  2. 00:21:693 (7) - The same thing I mentioned on the previous difficulty about this circle being linear with the previous slider when it shouldn't be like this applies to this note as well :P :arrow: Moving that to the right or left just doesn't my style and really makes the flow confusing imo. I want to keep i linear for simplicity.
  3. 00:23:957 (3) - It would actually look better if it'd be identical to 00:22:825 (1) - since they make a very similar sound. :arrow: Nah, the other piano is a lower not, so I made the elbow descend to capture that.
  4. 00:29:900 (5) - Same thing I mentioned on Normal, I'd just leave the clap. :arrow: No ty as reasons stated for normal
  5. 01:28:485 (5,6) - Feels kind of weird to have these stacked like that when this pattern isn't shown anywhere else on the difficulty... I might be wrong, though. :arrow: Thats the main animal crossing jingle, so I wanted to make sure to catch every note because that part of the song is like mega important.
Hard

1. 00:00:184 (1) - Having the spinner finishing at that spot is very weird as there's no audible beat to make it worth "clicking". I would strongly suggest you to finish this spinner at 00:04:146 - instead. :arrow: k
  2. 00:39:240 (7,8) - What's up with these sliders? They look very different from every other and they are not very adding any special impact on the map because there's nothing in the background music that support them, unfortunately. The concept is "okay", but the execution might not be the best one :( :arrow: I get what you're a saying, but the second one captures the twanginess in the guitar, and since I'm a slut for paired sliders, I made a second one for earlier
  3. 00:40:938 (1) - Minor, move this 1 pixel to the left so it's consistent. :arrow: kl
  4. 00:43:768 (5,7) - Overlap here looks ugly and that's not the real intention of this pattern. Would be nice if you could actually move the stream to stack it under 00:43:202 (4) - 's tail! Aaaalso, since we are at it, move 00:45:467 (1) - 1 pixel up to make it consistent with the rest of the stream. :arrow: I dont agree. The overlap isnt even visible when playing.
  5. 00:47:872 (1) - Add a finish hitsound, it would match with the song! :arrow: Doesn't sound right o-o

[]

Call me back for a re-check! :)
Thanks for your mod!
Plaudible
ahh sorry, finally got some free time :( looks like i'm a bit late. pm me again if you need me to mod anything else but looks like this set is well on its way. GL <3
Topic Starter
polka

Plaudible wrote:

ahh sorry, finally got some free time :( looks like i'm a bit late. pm me again if you need me to mod anything else but looks like this set is well on its way. GL <3
Sorry dad lov u
Yuii-

PolkaMocha wrote:

Easy

1. 01:12:070 (2) - Really minor aesthetical issue here. I don't really tend to mention stuff like this on my mods because they are very minor, but they look cool. Anyway, if you could move 01:12:070 (2,1) - these notes to x304 y180 your patterns would look better, (1) would flow directly towards (2) making it more pleasant to look at. Here's what I mean http://i.imgur.com/UYdJgoH.jpg . :arrow: That doesn't fit my style Im sorry ou o; - Please, don't say stuff like "it doesn't fit my style" because it's not understandable for the modder that is trying to help you out with your map. Also, you did it on 00:52:259 (4,5,1) - so it would be kind of inconsistent. On that pattern, the circles are flowing circularly as the slider is doing. On the pattern I mentioned 01:12:070 (2) - these notes are placed in the opposite direction to where (1) is looking to, so it breaks with your style, actually.
Normal

1. 00:27:353 - Let me talk about this section for a while: :arrow: :/
    00:27:353 (1,2,3,4) - I strongly believe you can make a better pattern. It's not that it's bad or something, but the flow is kind of weird, to be fair. You would normally see patterns that flow way more circularly to match with every other pattern in the difficulty, such as http://i.imgur.com/MkXlfmP.jpg but that isn't the case with this one. Could you please take a look into it? :arrow: Sorry, I don't like how what you suggested looks. - I proposed and alternative, this still doesn't reply to my main concern about flow.
Advanced

1. 00:23:957 (3) - It would actually look better if it'd be identical to 00:22:825 (1) - since they make a very similar sound. :arrow: Nah, the other piano is a lower not, so I made the elbow descend to capture that. - They are the same.
  2. 01:28:485 (5,6) - Feels kind of weird to have these stacked like that when this pattern isn't shown anywhere else on the difficulty... I might be wrong, though. :arrow: Thats the main animal crossing jingle, so I wanted to make sure to catch every note because that part of the song is like mega important. - Still not content with this. It's inconsistent. Let me try to fix it for you by stacking 00:35:278 (5,6) - . That's it, you introduced a double-note stack earlier in the map!
Hard

1. 00:39:240 (7,8) - What's up with these sliders? They look very different from every other and they are not very adding any special impact on the map because there's nothing in the background music that support them, unfortunately. The concept is "okay", but the execution might not be the best one :( :arrow: I get what you're a saying, but the second one captures the twanginess in the guitar, and since I'm a slut for paired sliders, I made a second one for earlier - That's is not what I meant. I said the slidershapes stand out way too much compared to everything else in the map and that they shouldn't be there because they are really emphasising nothing.
  2. 00:43:768 (5,7) - Overlap here looks ugly and that's not the real intention of this pattern. Would be nice if you could actually move the stream to stack it under 00:43:202 (4) - 's tail! Aaaalso, since we are at it, move 00:45:467 (1) - 1 pixel up to make it consistent with the rest of the stream. :arrow: I dont agree. The overlap isnt even visible when playing. - I disagree, the overlap is indeed visible in-game and not the purpose of the pattern.
  3. 00:47:872 (1) - Add a finish hitsound, it would match with the song! :arrow: Doesn't sound right o-o - There is a very audible beat for this spinnerend in specific, I would suggest you to add a hitsound.
[]

Additional modding

1. I would go for the +0.5 on Approach Rate to every difficulty, 6.5 is a bit lower for the highest difficulty.

[Easy]

1. 01:17:165 (1,2,3) - Would prefer to see this particular pattern being a bit less cluttered that this.
[Hard]

1. 00:00:184 (1) - You forgot the whistle here!
  2. 00:40:938 (1) - 00:45:467 (1) - 1 more grid, come on, it's almost a polished stream 8-)
  3. 00:42:636 (2,3) - Stack here would actually sound amazing.
[]

Call me back again~
Topic Starter
polka

Yuii- wrote:

Additional modding

1. I would go for the +0.5 on Approach Rate to every difficulty, 6.5 is a bit lower for the highest difficulty. :arrow: No thanks. This is hardly 100 bpm, doesnt call for 7 AR on any terms.

[Easy]

1. 01:17:165 (1,2,3) - Would prefer to see this particular pattern being a bit less cluttered that this. :arrow: I have to keep it DSed. But I moved them apart a bit.
[Hard]

1. 00:00:184 (1) - You forgot the whistle here! :arrow: Good catch.
  2. 00:40:938 (1) - 00:45:467 (1) - 1 more grid, come on, it's almost a polished stream 8-) :arrow: I fixed it last time why didnt it save ;-;
  3. 00:42:636 (2,3) - Stack here would actually sound amazing. :arrow: Having them separated helps with the flow tho.
[]

Call me back again~
Topic Starter
polka

Yuii- wrote:

PolkaMocha wrote:

Easy

1. 01:12:070 (2) - Really minor aesthetical issue here. I don't really tend to mention stuff like this on my mods because they are very minor, but they look cool. Anyway, if you could move 01:12:070 (2,1) - these notes to x304 y180 your patterns would look better, (1) would flow directly towards (2) making it more pleasant to look at. Here's what I mean http://i.imgur.com/UYdJgoH.jpg . :arrow: That doesn't fit my style Im sorry ou o; - Please, don't say stuff like "it doesn't fit my style" because it's not understandable for the modder that is trying to help you out with your map. Also, you did it on 00:52:259 (4,5,1) - so it would be kind of inconsistent. On that pattern, the circles are flowing circularly as the slider is doing. On the pattern I mentioned 01:12:070 (2) - these notes are placed in the opposite direction to where (1) is looking to, so it breaks with your style, actually. :arrow: I prefer to make a triangle that's even on the horizontal axis. Sorry I want to keep it ono;
Normal

1. 00:27:353 - Let me talk about this section for a while: :arrow: :/
    00:27:353 (1,2,3,4) - I strongly believe you can make a better pattern. It's not that it's bad or something, but the flow is kind of weird, to be fair. You would normally see patterns that flow way more circularly to match with every other pattern in the difficulty, such as http://i.imgur.com/MkXlfmP.jpg but that isn't the case with this one. Could you please take a look into it? :arrow: Sorry, I don't like how what you suggested looks. - I proposed and alternative, this still doesn't reply to my main concern about flow. :arrow: The bounciness of the flow is something I'd like to keep because I think it's more fun and adds more dimension.
Advanced

1. 00:23:957 (3) - It would actually look better if it'd be identical to 00:22:825 (1) - since they make a very similar sound. :arrow: Nah, the other piano is a lower not, so I made the elbow descend to capture that. - They are the same. :arrow: The piano is a lower note is what I meant. The piano plays a lower key here.
  2. 01:28:485 (5,6) - Feels kind of weird to have these stacked like that when this pattern isn't shown anywhere else on the difficulty... I might be wrong, though. :arrow: Thats the main animal crossing jingle, so I wanted to make sure to catch every note because that part of the song is like mega important. - Still not content with this. It's inconsistent. Let me try to fix it for you by stacking 00:35:278 (5,6) - . That's it, you introduced a double-note stack earlier in the map! :arrow: I reALLY dont feel like this is a big deal but I unstacked o-o;
Hard

1. 00:39:240 (7,8) - What's up with these sliders? They look very different from every other and they are not very adding any special impact on the map because there's nothing in the background music that support them, unfortunately. The concept is "okay", but the execution might not be the best one :( :arrow: I get what you're a saying, but the second one captures the twanginess in the guitar, and since I'm a slut for paired sliders, I made a second one for earlier - That's is not what I meant. I said the slidershapes stand out way too much compared to everything else in the map and that they shouldn't be there because they are really emphasising nothing. :arrow: I just thought variety would be nice. Straight sliders were boring ouo;
  2. 00:43:768 (5,7) - Overlap here looks ugly and that's not the real intention of this pattern. Would be nice if you could actually move the stream to stack it under 00:43:202 (4) - 's tail! Aaaalso, since we are at it, move 00:45:467 (1) - 1 pixel up to make it consistent with the rest of the stream. :arrow: I dont agree. The overlap isnt even visible when playing. - I disagree, the overlap is indeed visible in-game and not the purpose of the pattern. :arrow: Sorry you don't like that. I honestly think it's super minor and won't matter when people are playing. Plus, I want to keep the diagonal shape and angle of it all so there's no where I could put it that keeps to my style : /
  3. 00:47:872 (1) - Add a finish hitsound, it would match with the song! :arrow: Doesn't sound right o-o - There is a very audible beat for this spinnerend in specific, I would suggest you to add a hitsound. :arrow: I reaaLLLLY don't like how that sounds sorry..
Yuii-

We had some fun.

Here's some notes because there might be some things that people may not comprehend.

OD/HP settings on the highest difficulty might look low, but if you consider the density of the map and how it is built around, a higher OD would not be as good as the current one.
On the Advanced difficulty, 00:49:995 - 01:08:108 - the recovery time on those spots is actually enough given the low BPM and how relatively close these sliders are to the center of the playing field.
Yes, now hitsounds are ready to go.

Bubbled!
Topic Starter
polka

Yuii- wrote:

We had some fun.

Here's some notes because there might be some things that people may not comprehend.

OD/HP settings on the highest difficulty might look low, but if you consider the density of the map and how it is built around, a higher OD would not be as good as the current one.
On the Advanced difficulty, 00:49:995 - 01:08:108 - the recovery time on those spots is actually enough given the low BPM and how relatively close these sliders are to the center of the playing field.
Yes, now hitsounds are ready to go.

Bubbled!
Thank you so much!
Myxo
Will qualify as soon as 24h passed.
Izzywing
woo, congrats polka!
Topic Starter
polka
Thanks hobbes!

I fucked up the map description ;-;
Myxo
Qualified! :3
Topic Starter
polka

Desperate-kun wrote:

Qualified! :3
Thank you desperate!!
Stjpa
Didn't know that Animal Crossing has such cool music. Skin is so adorable as well. :D
Topic Starter
polka

Stjpa wrote:

Didn't know that Animal Crossing has such cool music. Skin is so adorable as well. :D
Yuuuh go ac

Also thank you !!
Plaudible
gratz polka <3
ZekeyHache
gratz Polka! seems you didn't need me after all ^^
one thing less on my list yaay
Topic Starter
polka

Plaudible wrote:

gratz polka <3
OOO SANKYUU