forum

Osu!mania 3D?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,110
show more
-Maus-

abraker wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

And what do you want to play with it, 3* maps?
SDVX Maps, Transformau5. SDVX.... >.>
Afaik original SDVX patterns are not as dense as the mania ones though
abraker

Transformau5 wrote:

Afaik original SDVX patterns are not as dense as the mania ones though
So?
-Maus-
Stuff
It's still useless
VeilStar
Sounds neat.
I got bored.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds neat.
I got bored.
Wow, I never expected a video. The interface positioning looks really nice. Thank you for your effect into making that. :)
vitail
like kshoot
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Please.
Ted_the_red

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds neat.
I got bored.
that's pretty cool. just about how I imagined it would look. I would really look forward to this if it was implemented.
beaw
Question about this - Would the angle be able to be customized? For example, if we were looking at it from a side view...

__ [straight horizontal line] being 0° (though technically it's 180°) and |_ [an L-shaped 90° angle] being of course 90°.

So, if I wanted, I would be able to set my angle at 60° and have it look like ≈ \__

Even if this isn't the case, you've still got my support.
Rhonin
interesting idea, bumped because I don't have stars
Ayesha Altugle
It's very nice idea indeed.
damn shes 15
As someone who used to play with the Hallway mod on stepmania, I would love this feature lol. It gives way more reading room xD. Nice suggestion
Frolski
Even though I'm not osu!mania player, that's great idea.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

damn shes 15 wrote:

As someone who used to play with the Hallway mod on stepmania, I would love this feature lol. It gives way more reading room xD. Nice suggestion
Ideally it would start rendering notes at the same time it would render them vertically; no extra reading room here.

Anyway, take my 14 stars.
Valco
I think the game Deemo would be an appropriate analogy, video to explain below. I love this idea, and would really like to see it implemented as a feature in the future. A lot of players seem to agree that they are more comfortable with a style other than the totally vertical that we see now (not that we don't love osu!mania as it is now)

Arzenvald
meanwhile the old-retired osu!mania dev made vsrg game that having a toggle button for slanted & flat playfield like this kekekekek
i fully support this, fully great addition to play vsrg, and

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds neat.
I got bored.
epic @-@
LastExceed
I personally would NEVER play with an angle, but I do think that this is a valid request. I guess Abraker's idea was the best so far (determining an angle in the skin.ini)

Sry don't have any stars left, just spent them all on o!m mirror .-.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Bumped. :lol:
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Bump after 6 months.....
Luqanted
half-support. i dont think this a good idea tbh :'(
Caput Mortuum
Guitar hero, stepmania, almost all mobile vsrgs (can) use hallway scrolling. Maybe it's not really useful, but certainly not bad.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
I don't know about you, but for me it makes the notes much easier to read. It's because I am used to these types of games. It's just preference. It doesn't affect gameplay, so there's really no reason not to add it.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Still waiting for this....
Nozorif
+1 support for this.

It's practically impossible to read the maps the way they are right now, so this would be a nice addition.
abraker

KG Zeptic wrote:

It's practically impossible to read the maps the way they are right now
I wouldn't say practically impossible since people do read them. When this will be added, it will serve as a visual mod which certain players get used much like the FL mod.
Lanes
bump bump bump please implement this. it is the only reason i dont play osu mania
Whulf
I support this, my friend could have used it when he first started playing
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Implementing this might get me back into osu. It is getting harder for me to read the notes every time I play.
[LS]PositoniX
This is a wonderful idea to be honest. I migrated down to o!mania from a game that used 3D scrolling and I find it much easier then o!mania's straight down scrolling
SpeckyYT
All support by me
abraker

someday
-Akoto-
Would be noice man
epic man 2
ROBEATS IN OSUMANIA

Sure, we could use that if we really wanted.
Michifus

abraker wrote:

add a skin.ini option for how slanted you want the stage to be. 0 would be flat and 100 would be the max slant. Something like
stageSlant = 20

This, it really really would be nice if this would be implemented in the skin.ini, imagine all types of skinning and multiple ideas for osu!mania with this config. >_>
I support this
RektNova
This would be a nice addition, maybe add an option for 3d so that people who want to play 2d can just play however they please.
NuclearPinguin
Would really like this option since it would put less stress on my eyes since there would be less movement. I'm able to play Rockband and SDVX alright but Osumania and Beatmania strains my eyes too much.
[LS]PositoniX
I know most people prefer 2d over 3d, but 3d has its fair share of advantages and people who prefer it over 2d. I support this.
sparta030
lynium allows the players to change between 2d and 3d so it shouldn't be to hard to add it to osu.
DarkForever9
I would like this, my skill levels I could say is higher on 3d, and there is quite a bit of players that prefer 3d over 2d,

Also that last reply is kinda necroposting lmao
SplashyFlame
If this isn’t achievable with skinning, 100% want this to be a thing.
show more