forum

[resolved] [web] Feature Request Stars

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kao
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!supporter
In the wiki, it states that:
  1. Feature Requests: Extra votes for feature requests (2 per month over usual 1 per month). Gifted supporter tags will not count
What does it mean by 'usual 1 per month?'
Does it mean that every user (who isn't supporter) gets 1 vote per month?
If so, why don't I have any votes, showing "You have 0 votes total." Which doesn't make sense when the page said that.

Any clarification?
NeVMiku
"One per month" means that you will get a star per one month of supporter you buy. Now it's "two per month".

I have never seen it being one per month because I've never voted anything out side of feature requests which is clearly indicated that it has now become two per month. Meaning it was one per month before at some point?

For example: I bought 3 months of supporter tag. It gives me 6 stars. For Feature Requests it takes away one star per vote and other forums (that I not know of because even pending maps use kudosu) will take away 2 stars per vote.
Topic Starter
Kao
If that was true, then 'one star per month' isn't the "usual" anymore, which is misleading.
I think this should have more clarification, when does exactly "the usual" happen?

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

[...]
For example: I bought 3 months of supporter tag. It gives me 6 stars. For Feature Requests it takes away one star per vote and other forums (that I not know of because even pending maps use kudosu) will take away 2 stars per vote.
I don't seem to understand clearly, did you mean you can use supporter stars in beatmaps aswell?
If it did give you 6 stars, why is "usual one per month" still mentioned even if it never happens?

This is confusing...
:o
NeVMiku

Kao wrote:

If that was true, then 'one star per month' isn't the "usual" anymore, which is misleading.
I think this should have more clarification, when does exactly "the usual" happen?

I don't seem to understand clearly, did you mean you can use supporter stars in beatmaps aswell?
If it did give you 6 stars, why is "usual one per month" still mentioned even if it never happens?

This is confusing...
:o
I'll establish that a vote is when you click the "Vote" button and stars are what it come up as, Stars.

My thought is that the "one (star) per month (of supporter bought)" used to be the norm for Feature Requests and costs one star per vote. Then it was changed to "two stars per one vote".

A forum where a vote costs one star might exist but I've never seen one. In addition the pending beatmap section uses "kudosu" to vote and not stars bought from supporter tags. There's also the blue and pink star variants that you talked about in another thread.

We could find out real quick if we voted for a random thread... But we ain't gonna waste money when "Pawnsu-chan" can answer this, amirite?
deadbeat
actually, it just sounds like wrong information. i think feature request stars were always supporter only and it was always 2 stars given per month of supporter
NeVMiku

deadbeat wrote:

actually, it just sounds like wrong information. i think feature request stars were always supporter only and it was always 2 stars given per month of supporter
deadbeat-sama, please quote me for no reason.

If it's not added yet then maybe some info about the pink and blue variants?
deadbeat
i'm pretty sure you shoot pink stars for 2 points if you're still a supporter. but if it runs out, you can shoot blue stars which are worth 1 point
Pawsu

deadbeat wrote:

yeah. I'd like some clarification so I can make the wiki page less confusing, although it does look the case is that supporters only get stars.
Topic Starter
Kao
Tried looking around and can't still find anything :o

deadbeat wrote:

i'm pretty sure you shoot pink stars for 2 points if you're still a supporter. but if it runs out, you can shoot blue stars which are worth 1 point
That could make sense, but does that mean you only earn 1 star per month that is worth 2 votes (pink) while supporter is active, meanwhile when supporter expires the stars is only worth 1 vote (blue)?
Bara-

deadbeat wrote:

This is correct
It also happens when you gift but are not a supporter yourself
I shot a star and it became a blue one, and increased priority by 1
Bought supporter for myself afterwards, next star was pink and counted for 2
Topic Starter
Kao

Bara- wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

This is correct
It also happens when you gift but are not a supporter yourself
I shot a star and it became a blue one, and increased priority by 1
Bought supporter for myself afterwards, next star was pink and counted for 2
Thanks! Updated the wiki with the information
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title ... ldid=41843

I don't know if I should place about the star color there, probably not. I'm hoping a staff could place that in the correct place ;)
Edit: Added information about the color of the Stars in the Glossary.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title ... ldid=41834

If I did some mistake feel free to correct them
But for now this may be marked as resolved.
Piine
Uh....a bit of a statement. Is there any point of updating the actual wiki when it won't change due to the fact the wiki is already moved to github?
Topic Starter
Kao
No, as it isn't officially launched yet.
I'm pretty sure the changes will be merged soon too
The OWC in the wiki gets updated often, I don't see any reason why this should not.

:) plus we got to know what actually happens when we buy supporter
Nathanael
Since everything is cleared, I guess we can mark this as resolved.