forum

Pen keeps losing signal

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
I switched from dragging to hovering about 2 weeks ago and i actually feel like ive been getting worse with hovering. My pen usually loses signal probably 10 times a day on average but these last 3 days or so i lose signal multiple times every song. When i'm at a high combo and i lose signal i just rage and quit >:C. I'm using a huion 420 so is it suggested that i get a better pen or just try to get used to it? How long did it take you to get used to hovering without losing signal o.o
Sandy Hoey
Make sure it's charged?
JSE

Domo3311 wrote:

I switched from dragging to hovering about 2 weeks ago and i actually feel like ive been getting worse with hovering.
I tried that which is why I gave up and went back to dragging lol.
My pen usually loses signal probably 10 times a day on average but these last 3 days or so i lose signal multiple times every song.
I take it you mean it just stops receiving input because you're hovering too high, in which case, you just need to get use to it more I guess. Otherwise, if it does it while dragging too, ensure your pen is charged/has fresh battery/pen is not defective (depending on model pen you have).
When i'm at a high combo and i lose signal i just rage and quit >:C. I'm using a huion 420 so is it suggested that i get a better pen or just try to get used to it? How long did it take you to get used to hovering without losing signal o.o
I personally find the newer black rechargeable pen more ergonomic and easier to hold, but that's JMO. Then again I don't hover and it really isn't that big a difference. I wouldn't suggest going and wasting money on a pen unless you're either: a.) very rich with money to burn :) or b.) your pen is actually defective. If you already have one, then just keep going :)
Topic Starter
Domo3311

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Make sure it's charged?
its a battery powered pen ;-; does the battery life affect its signal from the tab?
Topic Starter
Domo3311

jsebean wrote:

I personally find the newer black rechargeable pen more ergonomic and easier to hold, but that's JMO. Then again I don't hover and it really isn't that big a difference. I wouldn't suggest going and wasting money on a pen unless you're either: a.) very rich with money to burn :) or b.) your pen is actually defective. If you already have one, then just keep going :)
The signal loss is driving me so nuts that im hoping the pen is defective and its not my fault haha and i got no money to burn ;-;
Velni
Your holding your pen to high from the tablet. Hunion 420s usually need to be very close to the tablet to receive properly. Honestly just choose what goes best for you e.g I both hover and drag on my tablet. If you really want to hover then just stick with it until you get used to it or try changeing your grip so you are better able to control the pen.

Source: Im a Hunion 420 user as well :D
Topic Starter
Domo3311

Ruua wrote:

Your holding your pen to high from the tablet. Hunion 420s usually need to be very close to the tablet to receive properly. Honestly just choose what goes best for you e.g I both hover and drag on my tablet. If you really want to hover then just stick with it until you get used to it or try changeing your grip so you are better able to control the pen.

problem is that i changed my area by increasing it by like 5 times so a grip change was necessary
also because of the grip change i CAN'T drag anymore because it feels extremely slow and unnatural :/
grip took me about 5+ hours to to find so changing my grip is not a best idea for me haha
Velni

Domo3311 wrote:

Ruua wrote:

problem is that i changed my area by increasing it by like 5 times so a grip change was necessary
also because of the grip change i CAN'T drag anymore because it feels extremely slow and unnatural :/
grip took me about 5+ hours to to find so changing my grip is not a best idea for me haha
Right now what you need to do is choose a grip that works with hovering well especially since you are using a hunion 420. Cookiezi is a great grip to use for the hunion 420 but if you really don't want to change all I can recommend is getting used to your current grip or just buy a new tablet

On a side note: If the battery of your pen ever gets low it will start to act very weird e.g cursor going to top of screen then back while playing on osu. Just means you need a battery change TopKek