forum

two mice in osu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
show more
BigBuddah
I think it would be a good idea enough to google and found this thread. Don't hate a silly idea, that legit sounds fun to me.
Sandy Hoey

BigBuddah wrote:

I think it would be a good idea enough to google and found this thread. Don't hate a silly idea, that legit sounds fun to me.
Honestly just sounds like a headache to me. Maybe thats just because I have absolutely no control over me left hand though. Lmao ;)
Bara-
But still, how would it work?
Wayfeng
This will never make it into the game, its just simply stupid.
The Gambler
This is more of a Windows problem than an osu! problem.. Not happening
LukaXGAMErs
This is not really a good idea though, Just saying
It'll be more like lagging and stuff.
Luqanted

Wayfeng wrote:

This will never make it into the game, its just simply stupid.
Littlefighter19
I'd promote this, but mainly as local multiplayer.
So that you can play Tag maps with friends for example and not suffer strange lags (No one did something wrong but the song failed, wut?)
dung eater
if you have drivers to enable this it should already be fine, if you can click in one place at a time

it's nothing compared to a touchscreen
JSE

Tranus wrote:

This sounds absolutely ridiculous, but what if osu was compatible with two mice at the same time?
You can already plug in as many "mouses" as you have USB ports (what really is plural for a computer mouse?).

The keyboard really isn't really necessary
At least not when playing standard. Theoretically if you wanted another mouse just to click with and track with another you could do this, just get a piece of black tape and stick it on the sensor so you don't throw yourself off with your "clicking mouse". I don't see why this wouldn't work now.

and multitasking would add a whole other dimension to osu. If made it would be nice if it were a mod, or maybe a gamemode. Just an idea, I have no clue how to actually do this but just wondering if anyone would like it.
What do you mean by multitasking? Are you now suggesting two cursors instead of one, as originally it sounded like you just wanted another mouse to click with (why else would you say keyboard is unnecessary)? You can seriously think that would be playable when most people are not ambidextrous :P
Are you inhuman? 8-)

PS. Im new to osu forums; so sorry if this is the wrong place for this.
Welcome to the forums :)
Boxcrunch

Littlefighter19 wrote:

I'd promote this, but mainly as local multiplayer.

Since two mice plugged in at once works (I tried), you could really play tag maps with as many people you want, as long as mice and USB ports == players. We would have local multiplayer :D!

Except I don't have any friends irl that play osu!. :^(
AX3M
Hmm I've tried playing with dual mouse... it's a different play style but I'm sure this is not what you're talking about..
You're referring to playing with 2 cursors on-screen... somehow that seems appealing to me on the surface..
I think you could elaborate idea and be more specific with what you mean...?
If it's just being able to use two cursors on a map with either having its own movements and taps, it sounds like tag coop but with 2 people playing the same map at the same time. I honestly have no verdict whether it's a stupid idea or not.

The Gambler wrote:

This is more of a Windows problem than an osu! problem..
I'd like to learn a lot more about that. In my experience of trying a few multiple cursor software, they seem to enable to at least let my 2 mice move and click with their own cursors but most of them fail to simulate separate clicks well which I think is a Windows problem. But even if this Windows problem gets fixed, only one cursor will appear in game until peppy let's it work that way. I feel I'm really wrong about all this but at least I've shared my thoughts so..
Shiuzyo
you can use one mouse as a keyboard and one mouse use as a target =-=

I.E one mouse is the Z and X key while the other one is targeting
Reha
-
Flami
dual mouse is a playstyle that you could use, although not very viable whatsoever
you're supposed to use 1 mouse for clicking solely while the other mouse is only used for aiming
two cursors would not work
Korrui
we need this for computers in general, not just osu!
Haxwill
playing with two mice doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, but only for using one for aim and the other for clicking, two cursors sounds like madness to me. and windows automatically syncs muiltiple mice into one cursor, so its not really something osu! can do about.
YawaH
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbk1dqu9v6oyj ... u.osr?dl=0

it's touchscreen though. But imagine it doing two mice. seems everyone doesn't agree til someone pulls it off. I don't think i did with this though. I thought the same thing after playing and found this thread.
Enkrypton

DW10 wrote:

Are you talking about the dual mouse play style?
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Play_Styles
I tried that for about a month and ended up with 4000ish ranks lost and a sore hand.
f f
Just informing it is physically impossible to complete two mouse adjustment or usement
windows has and will never support this considering it will need them to rework the bios bit system..

-Cookeh
jesse1412

Cookeh wrote:

Just informing it is physically impossible to complete two mouse adjustment or usement
windows has and will never support this considering it will need them to rework the bios bit system..

-Cookeh
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
f f

jesse1412 wrote:

Cookeh wrote:

-Cookeh
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
You were right i did not look it up!
as of looking: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/teamplayer ... ne-system/