forum

Catch the Beat Top 20 Players 2016 [Closed]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Callionet
:D
HyakkiSama
Useless, because all the people being in the list are added depending on the preference and friendship to members who vote for them,
About who deserves the top 20 and who do not deserve just look at the performance but not free pp, just the map that have very little of fc
Lay

Tsukiyama wrote:

Useless, because all the people being in the list are added depending on the preference and friendship to members who vote for them,
About who deserves the top 20 and who do not deserve just look at the performance but not free pp, just the map that have very little of fc
Whilst that would work, in some ways. Debating about the list every year accomplishes nothing.
The point of the list is user based, friend or not, who people personally think did the best this year.
If it turns into a popularity contest where the most well known names come out on top, so be it. That's who people know and recognize for having a great year
Everyone on these lists are relatively the same, in different orders of course and there's nothing wrong with the way things are.
If we sat there and went through every users profiles and decided who had the best plays on the hardest maps and best performances, people would complain that they didnt agree,
that it was done with bias, and we would all feel left out.

It's all about community voice and getting active and participating.

TL;DR - Quit bitching about the thread and vote
HyakkiSama

Karma wrote:

Tsukiyama wrote:

Whilst that would work, in some ways. Debating about the list every year accomplishes nothing.
The point of the list is user based, friend or not, who people personally think did the best this year.
If it turns into a popularity contest where the most well known names come out on top, so be it. That's who people know and recognize for having a great year
Everyone on these lists are relatively the same, in different orders of course and there's nothing wrong with the way things are.
If we sat there and went through every users profiles and decided who had the best plays on the hardest maps and best performances, people would complain that they didnt agree,
that it was done with bias, and we would all feel left out.

It's all about community voice and getting active and participating.

TL;DR - Quit bitching about the thread and vote
I agree, but do not forget that there are good players who are above the top 50, which beat the top 20 but not well ranked
Zak
And at the end of the day it's still just a game where you catch fruit to weeaboo music so once again a list about top 20 players that's not going to set in stone who is or isn't the best should have no impact on you so you shouldn't care
Kimitakari
Here we go again...
Feel free to
1. [224]Hyperw7
2. Exgon
3. Dusk
4. _Asriel
5. Motion
6. Fantasy
7. M a s t e r
8. Chara
9. b-a-d-s123
10. Ttobas
11. Deceitful
12. Abstract-
13. -itsy_v2-
14. Habin
15. Galaxi
16. kyptoric
17. Jimmy Rustler
18. Kumirei
19. Setomi
20. noraRcat
autofanboy
1. Dusk
2. [224]Hyperw7
3. Motion
4. _Asriel
5. Callionet
6. Jimmy Rustler
7. Abstract-
8. b-a-d-s123
9. Kyptoric
10. Ttobas
11. Sousaki
12. Chara
13. Kumirei
14. -itsy_v2-
15. CheungB
16. PakaChan
17. noraRcat
18. Catch The Beat
19. RAMPAGE88
20. FABninja
CLSW
This time I would like to vote people who were great on passing my maps

1. [224]Hyperw7 (the only a person who has been confirmed to pass count down 321)
2. ExGon
3. Jimmy Rustler
4. Ttobas
5. Kyptoric
6. Motion
7. Intensity
8. _Asriel
9. -itsy_v2-
10. - N a g i -
11. noraRcat
12. Abstract-
13. - Flutter -
14. Setomi
15. [224]Reol
16. Deceitful
17. He Ang Erika
18. sekirei
19. M a s t e r
20. Amlink

I didn't add Dusk because I never found he plays my challenging maps during this year (and also the before :( )

I smell this progression is pretty similar as League of Legends All-Stars
Bunnrei
just vote and enjoy game thank

(i wont vote)
OkigamiKarnazt
@
HyakkiSama

OkigamiKarnazt wrote:

Tsukiyama, you did realized this is a contest of popularity so you should've known nobody cares whether it's unfair or not. You can't make it with just bare skills, like the previous guy said it's all about the community voices. So, realistically speaking, if you aren't popular here then do not hope anyone will recognize you to be in their votes. Some people votes subjectively and some other votes objectively, it's just a fruit catching game ofcourse not all of them would take this voting seriously. People who votes subjectively just be like "i want my friend in this list so bad so imma just fuckin put him above exgon". (kids)

Chara wrote:

just vote and enjoy game thank

(i wont vote)
Aren't you being annoying? Such arrogance coming from Mr #6
Yes I know lol
DeletedUser_500696
1. ExGon
2. Dusk
3. [224]Hyperw7
4. Motion
5. Abstract-
6. 224[Reol]
7. _Asriel
8. Sousaki
9. b-a-d-s123
10. Deceitful
11. Ttobas
12. noraRcat
13. -itsy_v2-
14. Shano
15. Chara
16. Jimmy Rustler
17. Kyptoric
18. Intensity
19. ArMa79
20. Quit user

Honorable Mention: - N a g i -, Catch The Beat, Habin

EDIT: Added Sousaki because he's active again and his scores too op
Bunnrei

OkigamiKarnazt wrote:

Aren't you being annoying? Such arrogance coming from Mr #6
sorry
A Moon Gust
1. ExGon
2. [224]Hyperw7
3. Fantasy
4. Jimmy Rustler
5. Amlink
6. [224]Reol
7. b-a-d-s123
8. Ttobas
9. Deceitful
10. Chara
11. Kyptoric
12. kingkevin30
13. alienflybot
14. He Ang Erika
15. Zak
16. - Magic Bomb -
17. RAMPAGE88
18. Motion
19. Kumirei
20. Catch The Beat
Buster
1. Dusk
2. ExGon
3. [224]Hyperw7
4. Jimmy Rustler
5. Chara
6. alienflybot
7. Emiru
8. Zak
9. Future_miku95
10. He Ang Erika
11. Kyptoric
12. Ttobas
13. Kumirei
14. Kosmit
15. _Asriel
16. b-a-d-s123
17. -Abstract
18. Jimmy-Rustler
19. Lobsterr
20. [ Fares ]
Sartan
okok

1. Exgon
2. Dusk
3. [224]Hyperw7
4. B-a-d-s123 (Dutch player with skill in 2016 xddddddd)
5. Motion
6. Kyptoric
7. Ttobas
8. _Asriel
9. Jimmy Rustler
10. Jongwon12
11. ArMa79
12. Abstract-
13. Habin
14. Fantasy
15. Intensity
16. -itsy_v2-
17. RAMPAGE88
18. Kumirei
19. noraRcat
20. Sekirei
Mwallx
1. Exgon
2. [224]Hyperw7
3. Dusk
4~20 (no order)
_Asriel Orinoshi Motion -itsy_v2- Jimmy Rustler Ttobas Sousaki b-a-d-s123 Abstract- Chara Tsukiyama RAMPAGE88 -Kurisu- ArMa79 Kumirei - N a g i - Intensity

rip PM ,actually there are really more(I suppose 30 around) but due to the rules.It's really hard to place order for those players since they perform well on different maps distinctively.
Amlink
There hasn't been 1 accurate list on one of these threads since osu! Came out how many times do we need to read garbage like omg uhhhh Zak #1 Exgon #48 smudge #2 like what does this accomplish if you guys like typing so much go write a book or something for fcks sake this does nothing but continue to spread misunderstanding about which players actually deserve any mention. This forums only purpose is to exist and apparently trigger me into writing this type of garbage. These lists are just as helpful as borderless windowed mode set to 60fps lock is to help prevent input delay. I love and hate all of you but please just stop forever. (Waiting for about 3 responses telling me to stop complaining but never giving any single valid reason why these types of threads need to exist.

~ Amlink 2016
rostld

Amlink wrote:

There hasn't been 1 accurate list on one of these threads since osu! Came out how many times do we need to read garbage like omg uhhhh Zak #1 Exgon #48 smudge #2 like what does this accomplish if you guys like typing so much go write a book or something for fcks sake this does nothing but continue to spread misunderstanding about which players actually deserve any mention. This forums only purpose is to exist and apparently trigger me into writing this type of garbage. These lists are just as helpful as borderless windowed mode set to 60fps lock is to help prevent input delay. I love and hate all of you but please just stop forever. (Waiting for about 3 responses telling me to stop complaining but never giving any single valid reason why these types of threads need to exist.

~ Amlink 2016
its all opinions boy
DeletedUser_500696

Amlink wrote:

~ Amlink 2016
Only purpose of this list should be to recognize players for their accomplishments, it shouldn't be to make people feel bad or to be accurate. People will be left out, that's why it shouldn't be taken too seriously. I've always thought it was fun to do this kind of thing since I joined :)

And the single valid reason why this is needed, well it isn't needed but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Osu doesn't need rankings or online scoreboards but here they are. The lists aren't intended to offend people, it's the same thing as being pm'ed records from excited friends but at least you can choose to ignore this :^)
Kosmit
1. Dusk
2. [224]Hyperw7
3. EcGon
4. Motion
5. _Asriel
6. Deceitful
7. Abstract-
8. Jimmy Rustler
9. Intensity
10. Ttobas
11. Kumirei
12. PakaChan
13. HeAngErika
14. b-a-d-s123
15. noraRcat
16. Kurisu
17. Setomi
17. RAMPAGE88
19. ArMa79
20. Kyptoric
zove

Amlink wrote:

~ Amlink 2016
Emiru is #1 though tbh
He Ang CTB

uen wrote:

1. Last Remnant
2. Venlas
3. Dobleaz
4. -boot-
5. lovely_seven
6. KongoDesu
7. until
8. GuruK
9. Guru
10. Flanet
11. set44599
12. HARP
13. CTB User
14. CTB Player
15. Rantanzyon
16. Ashchaos
17. Senyo
18. WasteK
19. Groundswim
20. Mikhe
You forgot Sub Class D:
Buster

He Ang Erika wrote:

uen wrote:

1. Last Remnant
2. Venlas
3. Dobleaz
4. -boot-
5. lovely_seven
6. KongoDesu
7. until
8. GuruK
9. Guru
10. Flanet
11. set44599
12. HARP
13. CTB User
14. CTB Player
15. Rantanzyon
16. Ashchaos
17. Senyo
18. WasteK
19. Groundswim
20. Mikhe
You forgot Sub Class D:
he forgot it because he is banned
autofanboy
Why not just follow the rules and vote properly?

These joke or incomplete lists basically have no points and they will not count, what about spending your valuable votes on the valid players? It is really sick to see a such serious poll going off the track.
OkigamiKarnazt
Serious poll? I don't see this being a serious poll. Since the beginning, this thread wasn't meant to be taken seriously but some did take it seriously. Shown by the making of the thread itself, the rules are too weak, no effort on anticipating people who often disagree and criticize anything that doesn't concur with their ideas. Something like "the voters must have some type of experience and player knowledge so the vote is not skewed" nobody would pay attention as we are kids who wants their friends on a list of a popularity contest so fucking bad. Not to mention, who the hell even read rules just to vote for a fruit catching game?

To avoid this we need people who actually want to give effort of making a fair poll for all players not just the popular ones. Therefore, we need to make a list of candidates/nominations that have made the biggest achivements in 2016, so players who aren't making that much achievement this year/was inactive won't be getting any vote. But to actually make that kind of polling system, we need people who knows who deserves and who doesn't. Actually, i think people who disagree with this thread shows they "probably" know more about players more than the one working on this thread. People like amlink as example. But i don't see him disagreeing being reasonable. He's just giving outrageous hate&disagreement without letting people know what his expectations are.
"This forums only purpose is to exist" is pretty accurate though
Topic Starter
Ascendance
If you don't like this poll or disagree, please make your own and don't ruin the experience for the other participants. I don't want to involve the GMT in this so please don't give me reason to clean out this thread.
TheFlameWind
1. Emiru
2. Ttobas
3. Drestar
4. [224]Hyperw7
5. Shocolade
6. Ttobas
7. Dusk
8. Tsukiyama
9. CatchTheBeat
10. Fantasy
11. Motion
12. Setomi
13. DamnEasy
14. Intensity
15. xElectroGH
16. Pakachan
17. E P S I L O N
18. Jimmy Rustler
19. Kyptoric
20. LechuCzechu
DxNightwave
1. ExGon (Dakky)
2. Dusk (Dakky)
3. [224]Hyperw7 (Dakky)
4. Sousaki (Pogchamp)
5. Motion (Undervalued)
6. _Asriel (Unparalleled Dominance, and leader of the stars)
7. Abstract- (Good friend)
8. Ttobas (Kitty cat ears)
9. Kyptoric (...)
10. b-a-d-s123 (SS)
11. mjj741 (God)
12. Chara (how evil)
13. Intensity (how intense)
14. Habin (Lee sin)
15. e0486 (Hentai)
16. Jongwon12 ( ExGon's twin)
17. M a s t e r (First rival)
18. Jimmy Rustler (Memer)
19. Tsukiyama (Dakky)
20. ArMa79 (Underdog)

This is a Collab post.
CLSW
I wanna ask something about the actual standard between troll vote and the others. well it's pretty an obvious if people vote all 20 players with completely unknown then it is troll, but how can you try to judge if there were 50%, or 66%, or even 75% of players in vote were troll?

This is really an ambiguous thing so I really needed to hear.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

CLSW wrote:

I wanna ask something about the actual standard between troll vote and the others. well it's pretty an obvious if people vote all 20 players with completely unknown then it is troll, but how can you try to judge if there were 50%, or 66%, or even 75% of players in vote were troll?

This is really an ambiguous thing so I really needed to hear.
It will be dealt with as a case-by-case basis on my own discretion
Buster
why is everything taking things to seriously here?
RAMPAGE88
From my experience in this year..

1.ExGon (yeah far away.)
2.Motion (he did a lot of things this year.)
3.Dusk (DT god, #3 just because not so active this year>>he could be #1 or #2 really.)
4.[224]Hyperw7 (HR god.)
5.Asriel (too op.)
6.Ttobas (Best TAG4&AR8 DT player for me.)
7.b-a-d-s123 (HD SS God.)
8.Kyptoric (Legend.)
9.Abstract (DT AR9 monster.)
10.mjj741 (SS and spin god)
11.itsy_v2- [One of the best players in long Convert maps(5*)]
12.Habin (FL God, yeah he did probably the hardest thing but it's a general vote.)
13.Chara (AR+9.5 converts too op combo.)
14.Intensity [Champion :) #14 just because not so active this year.]
15.Deceitful [Best HD SS (Spinner) besides DreStar.. Really impressive convert records.]
16.noraRcat [No-Mod SS op.)
17.Sousaki (what a legend.. #17 just because not so active this year>>he could be around 10.)
18.Setomi (too strong in high AR.)
19.ArMa79 (One of the best recent players, just wait for him..)
20.DreStar [how can I explain this?! (Still underrated.)]

My vote for what people gain in 2016, not by their own skills.
I know, I miss some people, it's really hard to do a perfect list.
I want to put jongwon12 and Emiru too :o
I didn't include Fantasy and Kumirei(Badis) in my vote as their request.

I suggest to put a honorable mentions :S
Gakkun
1.X gon' give it to ya (Exgon)
2.Dusk
3.Motion
4.[224]Hyperw7
5._Asriel
6. Ttobas
7.Abstract-
8. b-a-d-s123
9.M a s t e r
10. -itsy_v2-