forum

The amount of Taiko Slider dots taken to the extreme?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fortunenero
I was making a beatmap today and I noticed this extremely annoying thing when I went to see how taiko mode plays the map. The start looked horrible!
Sorry if it's a simple thing that's the answer to it, but I'm a pretty new in making beatmaps here so I'd be glad if someone could help me with this :roll:
I just hope my English in understandable enough! :P

So, the beatmap's BPM variates between 60,00 and 120,00. It's snap divisor is 1/4. The start of the map has some sliders that appear in Taiko normally, but those taiko sliders have 48 dots which is way too much for a human to pass them. :lol: So my questions are...

1. Is there a way to lessen the amount of dots in the taiko sliders?
2. What is he thing that quantities the amount of dots in the taiko sliders?

Thanks in advance!~ <3
karterfreak
You could change the snapping by changing (doubling / halving) the bpm into the correct threshold (Don't do this)

Slider ticks change depending on certain bpm thresholds. Below a certain bpm...110 or something (don't remember) they're 1/8 snap, mid range they're 1/4 snap, above 260 or so they're 1/2 snap. Don't worry about making changes to get rid of this, they're completely hittable. If you don't like the way it plays consider using notes instead.
Topic Starter
fortunenero
Thanks for this! I'll try these out. Maybe I'll turn them just into hit circles if nothing seems to work for me. :D
Catgirl

Tasha wrote:

Slider ticks change depending on certain bpm thresholds. Below a certain bpm...110 or something (don't remember) they're 1/8 snap, mid range they're 1/4 snap, above 260 or so they're 1/2 snap. Don't worry about making changes to get rid of this, they're completely hittable. If you don't like the way it plays consider using notes instead.
250bpm is the upper limit, if you're above 250bpm your sliders will have 1/2 ticks instead of 1/4, below 125bpm they will be 1/8, etc.

in arcade taiko there is no limit to how many hits you can get on sliders, this was changed for osu!taiko so people can't hack sliders for more points, because technically you could get more points on a slider than on the rest of a map if it wasn't limited in some way.

also if you're mapping for standard, don't worry about how the map looks or plays in taiko, because you're mapping them for standard, not taiko. if you map gets converted well, that's a plus, but most people don't play autoconverts anyway, especially not unranked ones.
Topic Starter
fortunenero
Thanks for the tips fellow players! ;) Really appreciate your time! I'll see what I can do and if I can't well I'll just go with what I have cause I'd rather not make too large chances into it since I'm doing so well with it now. :lol: