Hey lululu wrote:

lol...
aimod is suck D:
Caput Mortuum
time to step up my spaced triplets game
Agatsu
i just pooped
Yauxo
If anyone cares or is too lazy to check the one mentioned in hey lululu's post, this is the "offscreen" Slider. Whiteish/Grey line is window border.

without healthbar

with healthbar

00:10:494 (1,2) - is kinda outside too with HR, should not be unrankable though?
AncuL

Eraser wrote:

time to step up my spaced triplets game
15x DS
Vexy
Naxess

Wivaiien wrote:

If anyone cares or is too lazy to check the one mentioned in hey lululu's post, this is the "offscreen" Slider. Whiteish/Grey line is window border.

without healthbar

with healthbar

00:10:494 (1,2) - is kinda outside too with HR, should not be unrankable though?
HR is not taken into account because it is outside of the default experience of the game.

04:42:788 (4) - This slider is indeed overlapping the healthbar gameplay element though, as seen here. However it isn't stated anywhere in the current ranking criteria as a rule, but rather as a guideline:

Ranking Criteria - Guidelines wrote:

Avoid placing hitobjects under the HP/life bar at the top of the screen, as this can greatly impair the visibility of notes and approach circles to the player. It doesn't hurt to use the default skin to check this!
This means that if the mapper has sufficient arguments to keep it, it should be acceptable, but otherwise it should be treated as a rule. It would be nice to hear these arguments, as this hasn't been explained previously in the thread. The only thing being replied to is the fact that AImod says it's offscreen, even though it's not.
previous mentions of this object in the thread and the respective replies

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:744 (4) - slider end off screen thats no problem.

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:744 (4) - Please fix end of this slider, this is unrankable this is rankable. i already mentioned it at my replying for Kaifin's mod.

Monstrata wrote:

04:42:788 (4) - Offscreen. Unrankable. This is not off screen. It's just Ai-Mod.

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:788 (4) - Offscreen. Unrankable. it's obviously not.

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:788 (4) - offscreen according to MA, id move cuz its rlly close anyways i got ranked like this placement in this map of 01:21:401. it's much spicy. :P
For reference, the part of the map mentioned in this quote looks like this, and in which the healthbar is also being overlapped. This has neither been explained in the map's respective thread, nor even mentioned during the modding process.
This can otherwise be solved by moving 04:41:376 (2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,1,1,1,1,2) - downwards, after which done it will look like this. While doing so I also noticed that the editor itself doesn't allow for the section to be where it was currently placed, due to the fact that the editor would normally stop you from overlapping the healthbar.

It has only passed about 38 hours since the map was qualified, and the remaining time should be plenty for the mapper to elaborate.
Ameth Rianno
The slider touches the HP bar but the sliderfollowcircle isn't going everywhere. The hitcircle of the slider, the circle we should hit on, is not placed under the HP bar either. That's obviously rankable.
Hey lululu

Ameth Rianno wrote:

The slider touches the HP bar but the sliderfollowcircle isn't going everywhere. The hitcircle of the slider, the circle we should hit on, is not placed under the HP bar either. That's obviously rankable.
Agree,but we don't know if this will be a problem. D:
09kami
2216year map
Spaghetti

Naxess wrote:

HR is not taken into account because it is outside of the default experience of the game.

04:42:788 (4) - This slider is indeed overlapping the healthbar gameplay element though, as seen here. However it isn't stated anywhere in the current ranking criteria as a rule, but rather as a guideline:

Ranking Criteria - Guidelines wrote:

Avoid placing hitobjects under the HP/life bar at the top of the screen, as this can greatly impair the visibility of notes and approach circles to the player. It doesn't hurt to use the default skin to check this!
This means that if the mapper has sufficient arguments to keep it, it should be acceptable, but otherwise it should be treated as a rule. It would be nice to hear these arguments, as this hasn't been explained previously in the thread. The only thing being replied to is the fact that AImod says it's offscreen, even though it's not.
previous mentions of this object in the thread and the respective replies

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:744 (4) - slider end off screen thats no problem.

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:744 (4) - Please fix end of this slider, this is unrankable this is rankable. i already mentioned it at my replying for Kaifin's mod.

Monstrata wrote:

04:42:788 (4) - Offscreen. Unrankable. This is not off screen. It's just Ai-Mod.

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:788 (4) - Offscreen. Unrankable. it's obviously not.

rrtyui wrote:

04:42:788 (4) - offscreen according to MA, id move cuz its rlly close anyways i got ranked like this placement in this map of 01:21:401. it's much spicy. :P
For reference, the part of the map mentioned in this quote looks like this, and in which the healthbar is also being overlapped. This has neither been explained in the map's respective thread, nor even mentioned during the modding process.
This can otherwise be solved by moving 04:41:376 (2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,1,1,1,1,2) - downwards, after which done it will look like this. While doing so I also noticed that the editor itself doesn't allow for the section to be where it was currently placed, due to the fact that the editor would normally stop you from overlapping the healthbar.

It has only passed about 38 hours since the map was qualified, and the remaining time should be plenty for the mapper to elaborate.
Not enough to cause a DQ at all. Changing it affects gameplay in a way that the mapper would not like. It has been addressed time and time again in the thread, as you said it isn't, even though you have a box that shows every time it was.

Plus, it's a guideline, under NO circumstances does it have to be followed as a rule.
Naxess

Spaghetti wrote:

Not enough to cause a DQ at all. Changing it affects gameplay in a way that the mapper would not like. It has been addressed time and time again in the thread, as you said it isn't, even though you have a box that shows every time it was.

Plus, it's a guideline, under NO circumstances does it have to be followed as a rule.
Perhaps you misunderstood. At no point did I mention a DQ. The proposition, about the mapper not liking the change, that you are claiming has yet to be explained in the thread. The box only contained instances where the mapper and modders were discussing whether it was off-screen or not, not even remotely close to an explanation of why numerous hit objects in the map are overlapping with the healthbar gameplay element.

While violating the guideline isn't necessarily a cause for a DQ, it should preferably be warranted by an explanation as of why it has been done, and why not violating the guideline will interfere with the overall quality of the beatmap. Moving the notes as suggested would, arguably, in no way damage the quality of the map and any distortions created from following the suggestion could be mitigated.

The mapper is currently in no way obligated to explain it until the new criteria takes place /t/495246, but does that mean that the quality of the beatmap should not be placed in question? Isn't this the purpose of the ranking process? I feel like we're skipping some steps here.
Spaghetti
Let's see what rrtyui says!1000thpost
sahuang
rrtyui wouldn't want to change that cuz I've already mentioned once in irc...
And his cherry blossom gd has such kind of report by aimod as well.
ac8129464363
grats food club president
Ambrew
change it anyway.

jk
ak74
a true Evolution
Avena
i've been outmemed
headphonewearer
03:59:200 - why no full kiai here?
ZyRiiu

Side

ZyRiiu wrote:

Since the last update everything is about 1 beat too late.

Change offset, 1979 sounds corret to me.
Delete and redownload; new mp3
Kathex
02:03:788 (5,6,7,8,1,2,1) - what the .... is happening here? even in editor is hard to understand, and again at 03:56:729 (5,6,7,8,1,2,1) -

i guess overlaps would be reduced
anyway nice map :)
phaZ

Kathex wrote:

02:03:788 (5,6,7,8,1,2,1) - what the .... is happening here? even in editor is hard to understand, and again at 03:56:729 (5,6,7,8,1,2,1) -

i guess overlaps would be reduced
anyway nice map :)
hold 1/8 repeat sliders at high sv.
kbd
rank hype gratz and all
tryaway
Am I the only one here thinking this shouldn't be ranked?
Map is very "special" in its own way, but when looking at the editor is mostly have "???" in my head.
7ambda

tryaway wrote:

Map is very "special" in its own way, but when looking at the editor is mostly have "???" in my head.
You represent the 1% minority.
Rucker
ranked.
congrats! :)
Luel Roseline
Now, my ETEA mapset is already pending.
melloe
finally! congratulations on rank :D :D
ClrSCR
Congrat rrtyui <3
Lunicia
osu! needs more maps like this
Halgoh
Congratulations !
blooming tea
Congrats!
JoltyJob

tryaway wrote:

You're not the only one
allein
imo this map is ranked and favved by many people because OMG this IS rrTYUI!!$E@!#!#!#$!31 hoLY SsHit

seriously wtf is with this game
7ambda

InternalLight wrote:

imo this map is ranked and favved by many people because OMG this IS rrTYUI!!$E@!#!#!#$!31 hoLY SsHit

seriously wtf is with this game
woah you sound extra salty
Caput Mortuum
let this thread die pls
show more