forum

Lower scores with a higher accuracy rating.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Synere
Doesn't bother me that much that this happens

My pb on this map came from playing a multi-match. The last two came from repeated retrying.
I still don't understand why this happens (combo break?). Any clarification would be nice.

Until then, I'll keep playing multi's. My rank rockets when I do 8-)

EDIT: Why did my top score, with lower accuracy, give far less points than that of the other scores that had higher accuracy?
AsyouSaidsir
The score is mostly based on your combo, the higher your combo is, the higher your score will be. Your highest score is ~850 combo, while the others are less than 650, so they become lower.

Mods also affect the scores you get, HD and HR give a 6% bonus, while DT and FL give 12%.
Full Tablet
Your third best score is a much better play than your best score, though.

If your third and second best score had 1 miss, you would have won more pp if you had never made your 2nd or 1st best score.
Topic Starter
Synere

Full Tablet wrote:

Your third best score is a much better play than your best score, though.

If your third and second best score had 1 miss, you would have won more pp if you had never made your 2nd or 1st best score.
If i recall, I think none of them had any misses. Though, the fact that you could get less pp depending on previous plays is intriguing...
gonna have to dig through the wiki again.
Full Tablet

Synere wrote:

If i recall, I think none of them had any misses.
If those were sliderbroken, then your 3rd best score is your best play, and your 1st best score is your worst play.
You would have won more pp if you had never made those 2 worse plays, because only your highest score counts for pp (and you can have plays that are worth more pp but have less score).
Topic Starter
Synere

AsyouSaidsir wrote:

The score is mostly based on your combo, the higher your combo is, the higher your score will be. Your highest score is ~850 combo, while the others are less than 650, so they become lower.

Mods also affect the scores you get, HD and HR give a 6% bonus, while DT and FL give 12%.
That was painfully obvious... Don't know why I haven't completely suspected it in the first place.
Domo3311

Full Tablet wrote:

Synere wrote:

If i recall, I think none of them had any misses.
If those were sliderbroken, then your 3rd best score is your best play, and your 1st best score is your worst play.
You would have won more pp if you had never made those 2 worse plays, because only your highest score counts for pp (and you can have plays that are worth more pp but have less score).
Pp is first mainly based on combo so his first play is his best play giving him the most pp out of the 3. A 200 combo lead definitely outweighs a 2% difference in acc from 96-98.
Railey2
what exactly are you asking

why is the second score lower than the first? Why is the third lower than the second?
Topic Starter
Synere

Railey2 wrote:

why is the second score lower than the first? Why is the third lower than the second?
The score with a higher accuracy gave a lower score. I forgot to clarify that on the original post.
Railey2

Synere wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

The score with a higher accuracy gave a lower score. I forgot to clarify that on the original post.
thats great.

so which one is it,
second score lower than the first or third lower than the second
Topic Starter
Synere

Railey2 wrote:

so which one is it,
second score lower than the first or third lower than the second
The second and third score lower than the first. I did quite well on the last two scores compared to the first one.
Railey2
because combo is very important for score and 200 is a big difference.
Full Tablet

Domo3311 wrote:

Pp is first mainly based on combo so his first play is his best play giving him the most pp out of the 3. A 200 combo lead definitely outweighs a 2% difference in acc from 96-98.
According to https://osu.lesel.es, his FC play is worth 37.58pp, while the play with 98.6%acc 642 combo is worth 40.08pp.

That aside, the play with higher accuracy reflects in overall a higher level of skill; the difference between not breaking combo, and having a single sliderbreak is not very big (it wouldn't be unlikely for a player to get those 2 different results, in just a few consecutive plays, even though there isn't a solid increase of skill in the player); while the difference in accuracy between those plays, considering the amount of circles, shows a solid increase of performance.