forum

how the fuck do you warm up "stream"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
E m i
Hello I am player I want to warm up so I can unlock the stream I want play midnight siege rog unlimitation ascension to heaven time freeze and all the noob maps that hundreds of people can stream without much effort.

Thus

I want to stream no matter what bpm no matter how long it takes, until my forearm burns so much that I'm screaming from pain. Maybe then I can move finger up and down. ( you know blood flow to the cute forearm extensor digitorum muscle and all )

Problem: My forearm never burns, I'm never tired, I just slow down (what the fuck is going on just keep moving fingers if you're HOURS away from feeling any pain) or lock up every 20 or so notes. Rage + fuck this game + quit

I'm only able to warm up because Shimox made different bpm versions of this map

Question: How do you unlock stream?
Sayorie
You have to pay a weekly subscription to peppy in order to unlock (and keep using) the stream ability you want to have.
Weekly prices are follows:
$5 - 95% average accuracy, 220 BPM long stream, 270 BPM burst stream
$10 - 97% average accuracy, 230 BPM long stream, 280 BPM burst stream
$25 - 98.5% average accuracy, 240 BPM long stream, 290 BPM burst stream
$50 - 99% average accuracy, 260 BPM long stream, 300 BPM burst stream
$100 - 99.5% average accuracy, 270 BPM long stream, 320 BPM burst stream
$10000 - 99.5% average accuracy, 300 BPM long stream, 360 BPM burst stream
Kao
Buy cookiezi fingers

On a serious note, it's called talent+skill
More talent will take less skill
Topic Starter
E m i

Arthraxium wrote:

Gayz pack seems rather cheap

Kao wrote:

Buy cookiezi fingers

On a serious note, it's called talent+skill
More talent will take less skill
Stamina I think takes 0 talent because most humans have the exact same muscles that work in the exact same way, unless Gayz has a mutation in the MSTN gene and you call it talent for some reason. Otherwise it just seems like "move finger up and down" and the strongest forearm of osu wins :?
Sayorie

Momiji wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

It's a weekly subscription, maximum of 10 FCs per payment.
Topic Starter
E m i

Arthraxium wrote:

Momiji wrote:

It's a weekly subscription.
I know, rather cheap ;w;
Ninonuko
I spammed midnight siege dtnf in offline, fc it with 88% acc two days later and 91.92% fc one day after that.
Can't even reach that speed atm for no apparent reason, so can't fix the acc :(
I'd recommend stop streaming above 200bpm because otherwise you'll have veiny and bigger forearm, that's not cute.
Topic Starter
E m i
Tfw ur forearm is bigger than upper arm.
KupcaH
Buy osu! keyboard. 450 BPM streaming with 100% guaranteed.

Better than what Arthraxium recommended.
Yolshka
Sounds familiar :D
I hope you don't end up hurting yourself though, be careful :P
7ambda
Eat a healthy breakfast that'll put you into the right state of mind, then do arm and hand stretches for five minutes. Remember to take at least a five minute break after every hour.
-Makishima S-
Momi cute <3
Ashton
you must first of all stop meming in forums and #osu, then you will feel your inner power gain strength
Rektango
for an actual guide to improving stamina and stream speed, I followed Korilak's stream guide.

He said:
SPOILER
Play the Long Stream Practice Maps at 150 bpm. Your objective is to FC the song. Accuracy isn't important at first but if you manage to get 97-100% on a play, you can move up to the next speed. The duration of these songs are anywhere from 2 minutes to 4 minutes and so you're expected to hold these for insane lengths of time. This is why you start at a low bpm. I'm sure you've played a high bpm song before only to find that your fingers lock up and don't move properly. This can be combated with playing these maps at low bpm. Work on fluid movement when you alternate between each finger. You WILL lock up eventually and your fingers will spasm, losing that sweet balance your fingers had on the first 10 notes.

As soon as you finished the song or fail it, immediately restart and play it again. Don't break. You want to aim for 5 play-throughs back to back. Now you earned your break. Break for 5 minutes and come back and play through it 5 times again. Repeat this process for a total of 3 times (or as long you want depending on how much time you have and how you feel -- make sure you stop if you feel irregular pain though). This does not mean that during this time you cannot change bpm. For example, if you manage to FC the 150 bpm song by your 2nd play-through after the 1st break (7th play-through overall), move on to the 160 bpm song. Now you will feel that struggle again. Fun, isn't it? If you do this every day, you will once again be able to look at your local scores and note that your accuracy increases with time. If you are struggling with an increased bpm after a while, feel free to step down to a lower bpm or stop practising your streams for the day.

As stated earlier, try to FC with good accuracy before you move on. We're trying to build speed AND control. You will find that if you are able to hold 160 bpm for 2 minutes you'll be able to then play short 170 or 180 bpm bursts much cleaner. This goes for all speeds as you improve. This is why it's important to consolidate low bpm control; it allows for higher bpm short burst control. Every now and then, go test your progress on Osu! ~ Deathstream Compilation - Marathon. If you get further and further, you're improving.
I Give Up
Tap hard when warming up. After warm up tap gently to save stamina.