forum

am i good for average?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ButterCutter_old
so i have been playing for a month and i just wonder if im good for someone who played that long.
so i have 263 pp, and i can pass most songs up to about 3.06 stars,
and probebly FC anything below 2.5 stars.

please say if thats average or not, i realy want to know.
7ambda
You're already average if you feel the need to compare yourself, so yeah.
Topic Starter
ButterCutter_old

F1r3tar wrote:

You're already average if you feel the need to compare yourself, so yeah.
not helping, but wow you responded fast.
Jude
idk, i've been playing for as long as you have and i can't do 3* maps mostly, just fc below
Endaris
There is no statistic on that. Therefore a statement is not possible. Just play more and enjoy the game. It's not a race, you know?
Sandy Hoey
Here's a little tip on how to compare yourself to other and to see if you are better than them. You may not want to look.

IT DOESN"T MATTER
KupcaH
Runiel
Don't compare yourself to others.
It doesn't really matter, just enjoy the game.

But in my opinion, you're already a bit better than average.
AsyouSaidsir
Comparing yourself to others will probably just drag you down or will make you feel worse about yourself since there's always someone who does things better than you. I have a friend who got to 1kpp in under a month, while it took me much longer to reach that point.
Just play more and enjoy the game, caring about ranks (especially this early) is not a good idea.
Buster
your not ever average enough
try HDHRDT an easy map so you can be average
KtkC
Gosh everyone's just projecting their feelings onto OP, it's fine to be competitive, it's fine to wonder what the average Osu player is like. Just don't get an unhealthy obsession over standings :)

However, the average over all accounts may not be a meaningful statistic, as there are so many inactive players of this game. You're certainly above the median too, in terms of pp, with a current standing of #370,036 compared to just under 9 million accounts (like I said, pretty meaningless, right?)

I looked as well for some stats on "active players" (e.g. rankings of monthy active users) but couldn't find any. I also stopped caring like a lot of people here ;)

Then there's what average even means for you. pp? Accuracy? Simply being able to clear harder songs? There are many heuristics for skills, and pp is a rather specific (but standardized) way to judge someone's skills. In addition to skill, doesn't it favor people who go out and download more songs instead of someone who plays the same 10 songs every time? I'm not sure about its inner workings.
KupcaH

KtkC wrote:

it's fine to wonder what the average Osu player is like.
It's osu!, not Osu.
-Makishima S-
There is no adverage, good or shit.

There are only garbage players and top 4 which are gods.

You are garbage like we all are.
7ambda

[Taiga] wrote:

There is no adverage, good or shit.
Yeah, there's definitely no such thing as adverage, but I'm pretty sure there's definitely average in something.
Ninonuko
Yes, you're good for beverage.
Rektango
too early to tell honestly
Creyz
I think total playtime means more than the date you joined.I joined 2 years ago and only have 157 hours.
For 34 Hours you are doing alright I guess
Kao
I would say average is around 60-100pp on top with at least 1B ranked score
N0thingSpecial
You are average for an average player which is pretty good considering the average player is bad
Kao

Creyz wrote:

I think total playtime means more than the date you joined.I joined 2 years ago and only have 157 hours.
For 34 Hours you are doing alright I guess
Total play time is probably the length of all the songs you played, say 10 6 minute songs would be 1 hour.
I don't think it's total online time, I had 900 hours before but dropped to 250
I Give Up
play more
Zokuva

KukiMonster wrote:

play more
Beniyu
When I was around your rank, my progression was similar to yours so I think you could be classed as average.
However, I want to suggest to you that you shouldn't worry about how quickly you progress, different people will progress at different speeds but that doesn't mean that people who progress slower can't become better than those who progress very quickly but then reach a difficulty wall early on. I can give you one piece of advice that really helped me back when I was around your rank, don't always stay within your comfort zone and remember to try harder and different maps.
LoliPantsu
You are currently ranked #361,067 out of 9,002,709 people who "play" this game congrats your already around the top 4% percentile
Edgar_Figaro

LoliPantsu wrote:

You are currently ranked #361,067 out of 9,002,709 people who "play" this game congrats your already around the top 4% percentile
Honestly I have an equally idiotic way of determining if you are above or below average. Go to Online Users and have it sort by rank. Scroll down until the bar is about halfway down the list. That's the average player online currently.
Domo3311

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Honestly I have an equally idiotic way of determining if you are above or below average. Go to Online Users and have it sort by rank. Scroll down until the bar is about halfway down the list. That's the average player online currently.
haha never thought of it that way, idiotic but kind works xD
Alternator
You should probably play more. Osu! is a game that requires patience and consistent practice to become better, really. If you've played for a month, you may be better than average amongst other people who played for a month, but you probably aren't even close to being average amongst active players.

Also, I believe your play count matters more. I haven't even played for a year yet but I have ~5kpp.