forum

need help with jumps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iadfugh
ok so, i just want help with doing jumps. cant even pass 4 stars cos of em.
how would u guys suggest i deal with jumps, cos im a noob.
should i move my pen faster or just smash the q and w buttons (i use them to click)
i normally play really jumpy maps (Remote Control - Max Control! (osu.ppy.sh/b/774965)) etc.
i play jump training maps alot, but i dont seem to improve at ALL
(don't say "play more" pls or i will kms)
should i decrease my tablet area, tap faster or quit w.
thanks for spending about 1 minute of ur life reading this
7ambda
Cold Hard Facts
Training maps don't train certain skills. You only get used to the patterns on XXXX map.
WingSilent
Only way is playing and practicing more.
You don't need to kill yourself, but practice more, different jumpy maps, different settings etc..
-Makishima S-
This what @F1r3tar said.
Your problem is general aim which is maintaned and trained constantly, forever.
Playing jump training maps will just give you vision of how jumps may look but - they are never the same in maps, they differ in term of speed, distance snapping, position and flow - for this once, you need pure skill, general aiming skill.
You gain it over time while playing more, a looot more.
KupcaH
Play the fuck more, and don't spam long jumps map, it's not your level yet. Play 4* easy stuffs.
Rektango
at your level you shouldn't be training skills individually yet

i would just play more
dung eater
try to hit the circles
N0thingSpecial
I wonder what kukimonster will say
KupcaH
Don't think. Push button. Believe.
Caput Mortuum

PLAY MORE

Fxjlk
Play jump maps that are 4* or less
KtkC
How I learned it. People probably have different ways of playing though.
1. If you use your wrist to do most of your aim, loosen your wrist (as opposed to entire arm). Be flexible
2. If you're used to only making a lot of rounded motions, don't be afraid to flick to your destination + get over your fear of snapping motions. It's ok to miss! It's part of improving.

You'll miss a lot, but once you internalize how far your cursor moves as a relation to how hard you snap, you'll start to land more jumps, faster jumps, longer jumps. But like everyone is saying, it does take more playing.
cocoalatte
I collect maps in my star range that have jumps + are bearable to listen to (+ a few harder ones hat I use RL/NF on)
and play a few random ones each day until I'm bored/tired
Sayorie
holy shit just literally play more
ever since i started osu! i encountered so many problems and all of them got resolved by playing more, even if it took me months(or years) to overcome