forum

Took a 2 month break, can barely pass 3 star now?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adorn
So before my break I could play, like, 4.4* songs.
I'm back and can barely play a 3 star song without getting a terrible acc and have zero rhythm. My confidence is low and a person said it'd come back to me within a few days and I think I'm just looking for solid confirmation that's true because it took me a while to get to the skill level I was at before.
(will say I'm using a skin im not used to bec im on mac and have to have a zip file download and 90% of the skins i used dont have a zip file available. :^) )
winber1
ahahahaha
KupcaH

winber1 wrote:

ahahahaha
Sandy Hoey

KupcaH wrote:

winber1 wrote:

ahahahaha
Glad you're back! It is just a matter of time. If you can't do the harder maps yet, then there is no shame in doing some easier maps to get your confidence back until you can get back to where you were
salsa
i mean back in april i could do 8 star maps but now i can only do 7 star maps due to a 3-4 month break that i took

just play more and you'll be back in the groove in no time :)
Flower Shop
It's true, you just have to keep playing and you will get back into it.
This has happened to me plenty of times, just stay strong :p
I Give Up
No such thing as getting weaker unless you catch a disease or got disfigured during those 3 months all you need is practise.
Fxjlk
If you don't do something for a while your muscles and neural pathways that correspond to that action weaken. It will take some practice to get back to where you were.
ithgyu
wtf did you expect would happen when you stop practicing.
Topic Starter
Adorn
Thanks @ everyone who had serious replies.

@ithgyu, um, to be Cookezi, duh?
My Angel Kurisu

Flannel wrote:

(will say I'm using a skin im not used to bec im on mac and have to have a zip file download and 90% of the skins i used dont have a zip file available. :^) )
rename [filename].osk to [filename].zip they're the same thing last time I checked
Topic Starter
Adorn

-Trophy- wrote:

Flannel wrote:

rename [filename].osk to [filename].zip they're the same thing last time I checked
if i knew anything about macs i would do that but pfftttt
I got my paycheck today and am buying a desktop tonight anyways, so no worries. :^)!
kurodahatsuharu

Flannel wrote:

So before my break I could play, like, 4.4* songs.
I'm back and can barely play a 3 star song without getting a terrible acc and have zero rhythm. My confidence is low and a person said it'd come back to me within a few days and I think I'm just looking for solid confirmation that's true because it took me a while to get to the skill level I was at before.
just take about a week to get back to where you were. You can get your skill back but you can't get your stamina back right away though.
Topic Starter
Adorn
Little update.
Getting better, can pass most 3 star+ songs, and a few 4 star. Thanks. uvu/
Ronja
thats what you get from making osu sad cos u left for so long ):
Twiggles

Naokie wrote:

thats what you get from making osu sad cos u left for so long ):
^^
I got "gooder" after I left and came back, still not good like cookie, but better than when I left osu for a while.
Just keep trying my bud.