forum

[invalid] Add a cartoon catagory

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Buster
there are alot of cartoon beatmaps but they are still called anime
can we add a cartoon catagory?
Adder

Lolinator2000 wrote:

there are alot of cartoon beatmaps but they are still called anime
can we add a cartoon catagory?
WOW, you are right man!
Stefan
no
Caput Mortuum
people were saying anime are cartoons

now osu forces us to say cartoons are anime
DeletedUser_4329079
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/471889
best anime OP

To be fair I really don't understand why you can't add a cartoon category, it'd be pretty handy for songs that are from shows I watched as a kid and stuff, this map in particular doesn't even have cartoon in tags...
Stefan
iirc there are not more than 20 beatmaps to cartoons - where an addition of a brand new category for now seems pointless. + you can consider cartoons be counted as anime since it's close enough. However, it is dumb mappers do not include cartoon as tag but that's the negligence of mappers.

As well, I believe there are enough other requests which asks for more categories/genres in general, they might be included later anyways.
Izzywing
The problem I have is that anime is inherently japanese animation, anime (english) literally isn't possible, outside of dubs. If you want to say that there's non-japanese anime, you would still be referring to specific style of artwork, and that would be more specific than "cartoon" in general.

Regardless, it's not a big enough deal to where it's worth adding a new genre over. At worst I can just tag my future cartoon maps as such.

However, it is dumb mappers do not include cartoon as tag but that's the negligence of mappers.
I apologize for not including the cartoon tag in Clifford, if I had known about this I would have done so. I legit didn't know that it would be tagged anime until after it got qualified; it's not really something I thought about.

this map in particular doesn't even have cartoon in tags...
Again sorry; I didn't think to do so because I guess I just assumed it would be tagged as Cartoon or something lol