forum

[confirmed] Slider disappearing upon moving a slideranchor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Endaris
Problem Details:
When I added a slideranchor to a selected 1/2 slider it disappeared. All I could still see were the slideranchors and I could also move it around.
After I reapplied the anchor after doing Ctrl+Z and tried doing Ctrl+Z again the game crashed with the following error code:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qu7iBQPhVNmXvO_0qSk9Paw==()
at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qjYp8Cb_zYAOUhRD$TwQ8Vg==()
at #=qZHMDr6XOQB_lMY2ZDVxqGeXGHOQMdgDXLQP5D_xXQQ4=.#=qjYp8Cb_zYAOUhRD$TwQ8Vg==()
at #=qcesp6mIOFaQtC167YY5K9w==.#=qVfa$u8hVfBB8VDk04NC_kA==.#=qJ6kck_dIC2qTjh$powiq28koZz56weZlA7c_oxgJ$z0=(#=qbv8HHaOUmhez6cdBOY64VF$wIF7nrW7C0gTtlqdeGYw= #=qAq9y6bQVkZ354upuPG$_dw==)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at #=qcesp6mIOFaQtC167YY5K9w==.#=qd1JcwZSdPvsrKJWc_sUgN_NPO7BiTt6NBozDZ63zvMI=()
at #=qNRLnJ5IxoA_S4LDS_thGjPJJuJtRX3NfJT1ohNOHX14=.#=qK4TH3INhZtBIjSQVz4hybg==(#=qqQJgnOBt9zIYAqKa2R$vfeF9SvNPhzNd$0EVlyxBLVnQvfceeNHDksqFOqTEl$XL #=qnYz182Era20bv8basEjV$Q==)
at #=qcesp6mIOFaQtC167YY5K9w==.#=qjYp8Cb_zYAOUhRD$TwQ8Vg==()
at #=qsm7NtYEwzSr_pGutPMi2vDeK$kfTGz5hox3lz9rvps4=.#=qhoEtdeNpWgECLvsRF7GQDw==(Object #=qHo8HrVV9vYQP0xxGLWSx_Q==, EventArgs #=qrl1wImvSZHaME1zi0NNlmg==)
at #=qLDQy2PDSKvmYQn0id5b9HenIVmF3t8KU4mAz1iaNa3Q=.#=qWap5khHoJ1VpwmnLJbLung==(Object #=qHo8HrVV9vYQP0xxGLWSx_Q==, EventArgs #=qu2maODs0h7uiTkSkE7mH4Q==)
at #=q76$IBLnBCoS4EojxM7Rjs_hWwhdgoIdZ9HSqRMqgvY8=.#=q9__A3qMPMGR8FF8MFED2vnjExUlmKL0pZ_zCS0TIhh8=(Object #=qHo8HrVV9vYQP0xxGLWSx_Q==, EventArgs #=qrl1wImvSZHaME1zi0NNlmg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q76$IBLnBCoS4EojxM7Rjs_hWwhdgoIdZ9HSqRMqgvY8=.#=qms775CD_LPBHFw0f4QHrLw==()
at #=qsm7NtYEwzSr_pGutPMi2vDeK$kfTGz5hox3lz9rvps4=.#=qms775CD_LPBHFw0f4QHrLw==()
at #=qmfZHNMXDY6LyBeaIiJxwDA==.#=qnLhfzXM_s1pwd9HTWDBMPQ==(String #=qhJ4sDfufhlPMIf35nFuBfQ==, Boolean #=qV1GFpuDIoBVX86r3rkXlvDPI7wzJk$nK4YMHcYPNeJ8=, Boolean #=qahNWMPeg_lZmyRO4mogScw==)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160525.1beta
Topic Starter
Endaris
Recently had this again.
It looks like the slider gets deleted but it's still selected which probably causes the crash.
I managed to catch a screenshot of it recently:

This time it didn't crash though as I just saved and reentered the editor and found that the slider was gone after reentering.
TheVileOne
I thought I fixed that out of range exception. >.>
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is this still an issue?
Topic Starter
Endaris
Personally I didn't encounter this in quite a while.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Un-marking assigned. If anyone encounters this, please post here. This issue is possibly resolved? Not going to mark resolved because have no real confirmation / never was marked as a real issue.
Topic Starter
Endaris
Must be fate to encounter this right after we agreed to unassign it xD

I tried to grab the sliderend of a selected 1/4 slider here and drag it elsewhere while the beatsnap divisor was on 1/2 so I didn't actually rightclick it. It probably couldn't find the blue tick due to the beatsnap divisor setting and just disappeared due to lack of length.
I can reproduce it this way on different maps. The amount of anchorpoints in the 1/4 slider doesn't seem to matter. It starts crashing once I try to do things with the slideranchors of the invisible selected slider even though it always takes a bit of time. Everything is fine if I just draw the slideranchor to be longer so that the slider reaches 1/2 length.
SPOILER
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qvCvuT0DGvJj0YkW7v3FNVw==()
at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qzBsqTKRSdMLhFXV5u5TJ9g==()
at #=qxpqSAnlP6iQlIFWAEDW0SRzH3BtLelAIPb_vJQ834iI=.#=qzBsqTKRSdMLhFXV5u5TJ9g==()
at #=qhcdsmHKxZwPTRZPNxxI9xg==.#=q5qqYR2$lgQH4Hdmx3oabHw==.#=qLtGZ3lBi9V5RFsVOtJCHLieZRNHBjtnZw0VbxtSdqt0=(#=qyuaAWk1XLK5RFhHt_b3lDUGpplRyvPaJKSrl$C2hl_A= #=qbQ5d7lZRLQe4WnCsteCAzA==)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at #=qhcdsmHKxZwPTRZPNxxI9xg==.#=qd1JcwZSdPvsrKJWc_sUgN_NPO7BiTt6NBozDZ63zvMI=()
at #=qK__G$1W5MxPHWqO_lZotTiFF9MYd3ontBmUXo7W9xj8=.#=q0P6Vnra93FQWSxEB9WVYuQ==(#=q1iAOpzBjHGHzAd63dZq_6TX0SQUWM7XML3YBdsEgPaI_Pc2BKTUneqD6Z_Yim74N #=qyEE5I2Qp1lly3yt8BlahzA==)
at #=qhcdsmHKxZwPTRZPNxxI9xg==.#=qzBsqTKRSdMLhFXV5u5TJ9g==()
at #=qAkHJBm5fi9ln9$$bZIjescOkA1tsEGlxBb$eY8a3kLI=.#=qfSAa5UefHlzCMT7rH0nbvw==(Object #=qkCHdvsyChdy1KxCGzFDgVA==, EventArgs #=qIymDJBL2gXiahnsXwyknHQ==)
at #=q1RSgWZMfgujbYjeVUX5et9AsKoCpk7x1Mjadoavchhw=.#=qADXXYsUpIC7ID5r7ipH7Cg==(Object #=qkCHdvsyChdy1KxCGzFDgVA==, EventArgs #=qoVMeUYp_qDeVsSKN3sonZg==)
at #=qK_aaJviHDjaYAxdD4NydEM0BymkooXr8XwavfFj1e6Y=.#=qXFopDMoIFn51vwUc$Jk9k0ygFGhb5k8mXkspfBQCE7M=(Object #=qkCHdvsyChdy1KxCGzFDgVA==, EventArgs #=qIymDJBL2gXiahnsXwyknHQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=qK_aaJviHDjaYAxdD4NydEM0BymkooXr8XwavfFj1e6Y=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qAkHJBm5fi9ln9$$bZIjescOkA1tsEGlxBb$eY8a3kLI=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qK4YQYM5v9NKeM_T4AGhSfQ==.#=qGoVlp_yh1VIHKE3z0_6Y5w==(String #=qcn7bRZ18XTzbMy3F9TSwiQ==, Boolean #=qfveqyffTEZ_73uIi75rtJCvYmaItf0hWa$GfrZUz_aM=, Boolean #=qDvHwBA6GKDLqzZett_dRnQ==)

Tested builds:
20160821.1 Stable
20160929.2 cuttingedge
Bara-
It sounds normal to me, since a 1/2 slider can't exist in its current state. If a slider is too short for a certain time to be there, it'll get shortened. Since 1/2 is the shortest option available here, it gets turned into a 0/2 slider aka non-existing slider
Topic Starter
Endaris
Yes, it makes sense, but it should not crash the game ;) That's the main issue here.
Bara-
There you have a point
I believe A Mystery reported the issue a long time ago as well, right?
Dntm8kmeeatu
Back to the assigned board we go!
rikia
http://i.imgur.com/5ZrD2bb.png Still happens.
Ik I shouldn't say this but some guy at my topic wanted me to, oh yeah also sorry for necro