forum

How to get better at standard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AllModesEnjoyer
Edit: I've been playing harder maps trying to get better at easier maps and that has actually worked for me for a while, but even playing the maps at my range, I keep finding myself with my fingers and hand and wrists hurting, a lot. I usually play through it until I actually have to stop, and I bought those helpful gloves which aren't so helpful after all haha. Was curious to see if anybody had tips to help protect hands and fingers from any pain in general, other than what I'm doing building a tolerance to the pain over time.

P.S what i had before was pretty stupid and didn't get the point across lol
7ambda
Don't play Big Black.
Runiel
Play More
Reminiscent

F1r3tar wrote:

Don't play Big Black.
Also, if you want to improve, you should do something around your tier. Do not simply play a map that you know you won't be able to keep up and pass, and yes, I am aware that you have Auto-pilot on. To not get tired of streaming, I would have to give you the generic answer, just play more. Streaming is like running, the more you run, the more endurance you will have.
Banbeucmas
Dont freaking play big black when you have only played for 5 hours
LoliPantsu

xGenIchiban wrote:

I try to play something harder like per instance, Big Black Wolf
I Give Up
play more
7ambda
Play Centipede instead.
Espionage724
Do 100 streams, 100 single-taps, and 100 sliders, on 10 minute marathon maps, every day.
JeromeTT
Play more

Advice from a noob 900pp player :P
AsyouSaidsir
Don't expect yourself to be able to pass Big Black until you have at least a few hundred hours in the game.
If you want to get less tired while playing, you simply have to play more. It's like lifting weights, the more you do it the more you'll get used to it.
EDIT: I recommend you to stay away from autopilot or relax (or mods in general) for now, and focus on learning the basics with no-mod.
Deadpulse
wait, wait, i wanna join in the "play more" trend

here goes...

Play more...

feels good :3
vinnicci
LoliPantsu

JeromeTT wrote:

Play more

how can you have 900pp if cookiezi only has 800
Sandy Hoey

LoliPantsu wrote:

JeromeTT wrote:

Play more

Why don't think about that one again...
Buster
Do not play big black only pro players can pass big black instead play newly ranked maps on easy diff
and here's a tip: use the z and x keys to tap faster that clicking with a mouse
Caput Mortuum
if he want to click with mouse let him be lel
TheLonePiggy

Sandy Hoey wrote:

LoliPantsu wrote:

Why don't think about that one again...
image material?
Hibiya-chan
Click the circles~

To the beat~

Circles~
I mean play moer
Ryuo
Only solution is..... guess what, play more :D
Topic Starter
AllModesEnjoyer
yo this post is so old haha, I get playing more helps, I guess I was a little stupid back then, my main idea was how do I make sure my fingers are comfortable and not hurting all the time since my hands aren't really in the best condition to be playing, although I'm still going to play anyway? To keep myself in the game for a little bit longer whats some good things I can do for my hands.
Kaeldori
Don't hesitate to do break, relax your hands a bit every hour. If you start to feel some pain on your wrist do a break really
Almost

-Ichiban- wrote:

yo this post is so old haha, I get playing more helps, I guess I was a little stupid back then, my main idea was how do I make sure my fingers are comfortable and not hurting all the time since my hands aren't really in the best condition to be playing, although I'm still going to play anyway? To keep myself in the game for a little bit longer whats some good things I can do for my hands.

Do a proper warm-up before you start playing anything strenuous and do some exercises for your hand/wrist/forearms. And yeah, when you feel pain in your hands, stop and take a break.
SunriseAbsence
I don't know.
-Ryuko-
plz enjoy game, it's easier to say that then to do it but simply just enjoy the game and in turn you will play more and get better. Challenge your self but don't run yourself out of your lane.
dung eater
Mmaybe keep hands in air like if you were playing piano. Might relieve strain on wrist/fingers. Forces better posture, too.