Total Posts
show more
Enon
don't find reason to make a map that you hate going to disqualify
bulli

Enon wrote:

don't find reason to make a map that you hate going to disqualify

Blue Dragon wrote:

just a quick reminder that tags can be changed without a DQ so finding wrong things there will not take the map down
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

marshallracer wrote:

Mazzerin wrote:

why are you so salty Bakari once suggested and 'allowed' me to use it, ever since then I've been using it on any of my high bpm maps with lots of 1/2 and 1/4 in a row successfully
I listed my reasons why I am so salty about it
Even if Bakari "allowed" you to use it and you've used it several times already, it's still an incorrect usage of a tag
If "lots of 1/2 and 1/4" are the only requirement for a map to have rsi as a tag, then maybe I'd suggest to everyone who makes a map with streams, no matter the BPM or speed of those as long as they are 1/2 or 1/4, to put rsi in their tags
why do you exclude the high bpm part from your if
marshallracer

Mazzerin wrote:

why do you exclude the high bpm part from your if
I'll have to admit I overread that and I'm sorry about it
Regardless of that, it would come down to what you and what others define as high BPM (playwise)
It could even go as low as roughly 200BPM which may be quite a lot for a few people to play - add lots of 1/2 and 1/4 and inexperienced players could still meme (or rather joke about) "oh hell this is so tough I just got RSI"
It would really allow - regarding everyones own interpretation - a lot of people to add RSI to the tags of their maps, even if you wouldn't agree with it.
So why bother discussing about when a tag is acceptable or not when you could just leave it out alltogether as - for many previously mentioned reasons - it wouldn't fit to the map at all
Stefan
t/480335

If you think this is necessary to be a guideline or even as rule, please follow the thread I've linked. Talking about a general issue - because this is not a map-related issue - won't really help here.

To summarize: It's more than bullshit to add these sort of tags but current phrase applies in this case:

"It's not against the rule, it's not misleading. So it's no problem."

Therefore, the tag can stay until a rule/guideline is added to prevent this.
marshallracer
Well then, I rest my case.

Congratulations on getting this approved :D
Reddit
8-)

blahpy
To be honest the map is structurally okay mostly but it has some readability issues in transitions from streams to jumps in the hard solo part. Especially this one: 03:25:926 (4,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - there are just so many overlaps and spacing changes...
Lunicia

AncuL wrote:

marshallracer wrote:

I see no connection between rsi and artist, song, album and/or mapper.
well people in the song select can search up "rsi" to find songs that might give them rsi, signifying the intense mapping. so, yoou could easily define this map as an rsi map, giving it purpose in the tags :^)

I just realized that this problem had already been solved, maybe i should read the posts before making a post. fml
Reddit

blahpy wrote:

readability issues
Do you mean by issues that you just personally cant read that part? Its not an issue If its just something you personally have trouble with. Have you thought of the chance of it not being meant to be easy to read?
blahpy

Reddit wrote:

blahpy wrote:

readability issues
Do you mean by issues that you just personally cant read that part? Its not an issue If its just something you personally have trouble with. Have you thought of the chance of it not being meant to be easy to read?
No, I mean that it's objectively hard to read. In the same way that, say, an old skystar map is hard to read. Being able to read it because you've watched that specific pattern in the editor 50 times on 25% doesn't count.
Abyssal

blahpy wrote:

No, I mean that it's objectively hard to read. In the same way that, say, an old skystar map is hard to read. Being able to read it because you've watched that specific pattern in the editor 50 times on 25% doesn't count.
On my sightread play, I read that properly and had no issues with it?
blahpy
well if you say so then i can't argue i guess
Swiftrax
here comes that approval
o shit waddup
The Emperor
oh man cant wait!!! refreshing the side like to times every minute while spectating hvick
[ Eon Fox ]
I realize these won't be changed, but I still found them odd enough to address:

1. Why use six different SV values?
2. 04:00:137 (1) - How come you didn't put a spinner here instead. Musically, it actually makes more sense.
3. Isn't the HP a little too high? I mean, no one appears to have passed nomod, and at the very least, that should be able to be done.
7ambda

[ Eon Fox ] wrote:

2. 04:00:137 (1) - How come you didn't put a spinner here instead. Musically, it actually makes more sense.
1. Probably hitsound changes to emphasize different instruments.
2. A spinner wouldn't emphasize the sharp bpm change. 260 -> 178 is a big difference; the slider works better because you have to snap to it quickly, which emphasizes that suddenness.
Mismagius

[ Eon Fox ] wrote:

3. Isn't the HP a little too high? I mean, no one appears to have passed nomod, and at the very least, that should be able to be done.

5.5HP is, if anything, too low
The Emperor
Gratz on rank!
Weber
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW LAD
Reillia
holy....
uee
ayylmao
Ideal
it happened
pack up bois this will be one hell of a trip
Luel Roseline
Okay, it's time to lock.
Chaos
wew lads
Abyssal
gg, Mazzerin! :D
headphonewearer
Next Mission: 10 stars
Rilene

Mapper wrote:

someone gotta map 300bpm jumps and streams
Antalar

Mapper wrote:

im hoping "The Deceit/Violation" goes ranked 1st 8-)
Reddit
@everyone trying to shit on this map

Akali
G O A T
vanucik
нюхаю что хочу, законом запрещено
Enon
it worth to be ranked, greatz!
Aikyuu-Chan
­­­­
Lunicia
gj rank!!