forum

Skins Showing Default?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EbolaBear
I have recently got a skin a used to have a couple of months ago but deleted, when i try to use the skin in game it shows almost everything as default except some hit sounds. When i open the skin file everything is there. The only problem i can think of is that everything is renamed to have '@2x' on the end of the file name, because i have had the skin before maybe?

I will start removing the '@2x' now one by one but if anyone knows a way to remove all the '@2x' at once please tell me :3

Update: Taking away the '@2x' is working so far but i have about 150 files to rename if i wanted to fix the skin TwT
Update 2: Taking away the '@2x' Seems to have changed the size of some images... a lot...
Starrodkirby86
@2x is the "high-definition" version of the image. I think the game will prioritize loading that image when your game's resolution is high enough. When removing the "@2x" name without changing the dimensions, you'll get that image sizing problem, since things aren't getting resized down to what you're expecting.

You'd either want to change your resolution of the game, or do a bulk resize of all the @2x (50% for all of those images) images, then remove the @2x suffix. You can probably use a bulk utility for resizing like this, and bulk renaming like this.
Topic Starter
EbolaBear

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

@2x is the "high-definition" version of the image. I think the game will prioritize loading that image when your game's resolution is high enough. When removing the "@2x" name without changing the dimensions, you'll get that image sizing problem, since things aren't getting resized down to what you're expecting.

You'd either want to change your resolution of the game, or do a bulk resize of all the @2x (50% for all of those images) images, then remove the @2x suffix. You can probably use a bulk utility for resizing like this, and bulk renaming like this.
Thanks so much <3